Saltys Sweet Deep Grapefruit

Salty

Alrighty folks

I was gifted a clone of Sweet Deep Grapefruit last night and thought it time I posted a diary.

She will be grown out in 6ltr square pots....compost of choice is House and Garden bat special.

Tent is a cheap fleabay jobbie....80cm x 80cm x 160cm and lighting is taken care of by a Lumii black adjustable running 250w and 400w.

Extraction is 4 inch RVK with 6 inch filter. This will be upgraded sometime through this grow. Im also planning to pick up a 1m2 tent and 80cm parabolic sometime over the next month.

And I've just remembered I forgot to upload a pic to my gallery so I will get one up tomorrow.

All the best everybody

• Like 5

Just away to slink off to my bed....glad to see the back of another day. Managed a quick pic before I go

large.1546632579979174.jpg

In a 2ltr pot at the min.....gonna fire her into a 6ltr square pot real soon.

• Like 8

Potted up to 6.5ltrs yesterday

large.1546879036202701.jpg

Sorry about the dodgy lights on pic. Also suffering with low humidity just now and will have to address this asap. Hoping to flower her out in a couple of weeks.

Hoping to get away fishing for a few days in April so would like to have her done n dusted by then.

• Like 7

@Salty Thanks for getting this up mate :yep:

A nice healthy looking Sweet Deep Grapefruit clone. Repotted into a bigger pot and looking in great shape ;)

Let's see how our SDG does in your hands  ;)

Good luck mate I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

On 08/01/2019 at 3:13 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Salty Thanks for getting this up mate :yep:

A nice healthy looking Sweet Deep Grapefruit clone. Repotted into a bigger pot and looking in great shape ;)

Let's see how our SDG does in your hands  ;)

Good luck mate I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark mate. I like to keep things as simple as I can but despite this and only using pretty basic equipment I have always been more than happy with what I've grown......and I will endeavour to grow this girl to the best of my abilities.

So far she has been under 250w of hps running 24/7 to try and keep temps up a bit. Been managing 20c to 24c, not ideal but the leccy blanket under their bums will keep her happy enough.

In a week or two I will ramp the light up to 400w so this will heat the environment up. I will also give them a dark period and switch on the oil rad.

Normally I would run the gas lantern routine last couple of weeks of veg as I'm convinced it speeds up the transition into flower. I won't be doin it this time however as there's other stuff in the tent and they need the light hours as they are only wee.

So all ticking away nicely enough but there's plenty time for everything to go tits up......lets hope not.

• Like 3

She has fairly taken off with a pot up into some fresh bat special. There's multiple roots poking through all the drainage holes so there doesn't appear to be any problems on that front.

Temps have been stable enough at 23c ish to 25c ish and my "MacGyver" job with a tub of water and microfibre cloth is holding humidity at 60%....ish.

large.1547245206453410.jpg

She had the beginnings of a mag def when I got her so I've been giving her a spray with some epsoms the last couple of days and will give her another couple and re evaluate.

• Like 5

I've gave her a few sprays with epsoms to take care of the inevitable mag deficiency.

My mate has had our water analysed by the good lads at Growers Ark and they said there's hardly any mag in our water. This has been an issue for me for as long as I've grown.

If I time it right with the epsoms during veg I can get them to flower with no deficiencies the GA soft water nutes keep them happy through flower.

Looking beutter

large.1547471953056446.jpglarge.1547471887536404.jpglarge.1547471886512328.jpg

You can see where I've pinched the stems and the side shoots directly below taking off.

She is ready to go into flower shortly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Salty said:

She is ready to go into flower shortly.

Very close to going into bloom my friend. Some very impressive growth and imo it's time to show the world what she can do in bloom :yep:

Now you have your water test you can adjust your feeding accordingly  ;)

Looking good from here my friend :bong:

Thanks for the update buddy. I'll drop back in on the next :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks for lookin in @Dinafem-Mark mate.

I used biobizz for years and it can produce kick ass weed but sometimes I got the odd cal deficiency and nearly always mag.

I've been using Growers Ark soft water soil bloom nutes for the last four grows now and as long as their not mag deficient when I flip there's plenty cal/mag in the feed.

Looks like it's solved my problems and there's no issues with the quality of the end product so I'm gonna stick with it for now anyway.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Salty said:

I used biobizz for years and it can produce kick ass weed but sometimes I got the odd cal deficiency and nearly always mag.

Biobizz is a solid nutrient line and I can see why you stuck with it for so long :yep:

Your like me. If I find something that work's why mess with it ;)

With your water having low mag values I see you've made the change and that's helping ;)

I've not tried Growers ark but herd nothing but good things :yep:

Until next time .

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

She is starting to look like she could use some food so last watering I gave her 1ml/ltr grow and I will up that to 2ml per ltr when I feed her tonight.

I also gave her another spray of mag earlier and will give another spray as and when.

I am also running some heating now. My wee 500w oil rad is on really low lights on and crank it up lights off. I think borderline temps wasnt doin me any favours.

large.1547926280992458.jpg

Getting big now....6.5ltr pot rooted out and next update she will be in flower.

• Like 4

Nice looking plant Salty. SweetDeep Grapefruit has drawn my attention since seeing the one Jadenugs had in his diary. I’ll be interested to see how this one turns out for you brother. 

Great work so far!

• Like 3

Thanks @Rick Grimes mate.

My mate flowered the seed plant in his last grow. Nice big plant, decent yielder and super fruity flavour buds but he chopped her a wee bit early. 

So aye....lets see what's she's all about this time. Thanks for lookin in mate......appreciate the interest.

• Like 3

@Salty

Nice bushy looking plant and solid roots, good move putting the radiator temp up at lights out.

Good luck with flowering , I hope yer get plenty of nice sticky colas.

twoscoops :) 

• Like 3