The Return Of The Serpent - Killer Kush & Sweet Special FV Comp Diary

Serpent

UPDATE 13/01/2019 – 12/12 Lights (Day #7)

Time for another update in Serpent’s Sweet Garden as we hit a week in flower.

Well I knew I was due another fuck up and that’s what happened last night. I was tiding up around my grow tent, lost my balance, fell into the side of it and next thing BANG :wacko:

Yup, you guessed it, the clip on fan had fallen off and come crashing down into SS #2. Fortunately it only damaged two side branches; one suffered an accidental supercrop, which I think will be OK, but the other branch very nearly snapped completely off at the bottom, so I’ve supported it to the main stem and only time will tell if it recovers. What an idiot I am and totally my fault as I was probably a bit too stoned to be fucking about after smoking my fill of some Stardawg I grabbed in the afternoon :mellow:

Anyway, it’s not all bad as those who’ve been following this diary know I’ve been struggling with temps, but with the addition of a bigger tube heater (120w) and a small oil radiator (650w), I seem to have got them under control…

• Lights On: 25-27C / 43-45% RH
  • Lights Off: 19-20C / 50-55% RH

Both heaters have thermostats, which are set to around half, so I know I’ve got a bit of wiggle room when we get the next cold snap.

As for the plants, they’re now well into the stretch phase with flowering sites starting to develop but I’m still getting a little bit of paling, mainly SS #1 and KK #3. I did up the grow nutes to 3ml per litre for one feed, but I think with the low temps, I’ve been getting a touch of lock out so last feed I knocked it back down to 2ml per litre. KK #3 I’m sad to say is still struggling, some of the leaves are looking very green, so last night, I didn’t give her any grow, just supplements, so we’ll see if she responds.

I’ve also knocked down the Startbooster to every other feed, and the last of the Catalyst was used last night. I was in two minds whether to buy another bottle, but as I’d only use it for the next couple of feeds, I’m going to hold off as less is more right?

Each plant is getting 2-2.5 litres every two days and the concoction of feed is now:

• 3ml then 2ml per litre Plant Magic Oldtimers Grow (except KK #2)
  • 0.25ml per litre Aptus Startbooster (every other feed)
  • 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Catalyst
  • 1ml per litre Shogun CalMag

I think that’s everything and here’s the usual round up of pics from last night…

large.Bloom-Day-07-01.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-07-02.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-07-03.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-07-04.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-07-05.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-07-06.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-07-07.jpg

Thanks for swinging by and keep it green :smokin:

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, ratdog said:

I`ll swap you your fan falling for my mat malfunction lol

Still looking tip top though :)

lol I'll think I'll pass @ratdog and it could have been sooo much worse, I think I was lucky

14 minutes ago, Mackie said:

Following this one dude awesome to see your upgrade. Good luck and let’s see how quick these quick versions go!

Cheers for swinging by @Mackie

• Like 4

I know what you mean about the ever growing growroom shopping list mate lol

Sorry to hear about your little mishap, happens to us all at the best of times.

On the other hand, great news about the heating upgrade, nice one and good luck from here on :yep:

Ps, nice looking jungle, nice strong looking colas coming on

Edited by jadenugs
To add
  • Like 5

Excellent looking grow them plants aint half filling up the space fast. Smell in there will be amazing in a few weeks. We need scratch and sniff photo ability.

Toke...

• Like 7

@SerpentYour plants are looking good going into flower dude, it’s a pity you snapped one but I think that’s something we have all done at some point or other.

It sounds like you have sorted your temps out now so hopefully they will put on a nice flower show for you, keep up the good work dude.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jadenugs said:

I know what you mean about the ever growing growroom shopping list mate lol

Sorry to hear about your little mishap, happens to us all at the best of times.

On the other hand, great news about the heating upgrade, nice one and good luck from here on :yep:

Ps, nice looking jungle, nice strong looking colas coming on

lol It's crazy innit @jadenugs as we all stride for the perfect bud

10 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Excellent looking grow them plants aint half filling up the space fast. Smell in there will be amazing in a few weeks. We need scratch and sniff photo ability.

Toke...

Cheers @tokenroll and they're starting to get a nice smell, so looking forward to opening the tent in a few weeks :yep:

34 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

@SerpentYour plants are looking good going into flower dude, it’s a pity you snapped one but I think that’s something we have all done at some point or other.

It sounds like you have sorted your temps out now so hopefully they will put on a nice flower show for you, keep up the good work dude.

Yeah shit happens @Smokebelch, but luckily its not as bad as I first thought, thanks for swinging by bud :yep:

• Like 4

I know it’s not part of the comp, so just a quick update as it’s official, I am an idiot :unsure:

When the fan fell, it was actually only one side branch that was damaged, not two. I was really stoned at the time, I think I just panicked and quickly did some emergency repairs. Anyway, I checked on them last night, and the side branch was standing to attention, so I think (hope), she’ll be OK as long as the bottom grafts back on to the main stem.

Here’s a pic, not the easiest to see, but you should be able to see the bend in the branch towards the bottom right…

large.Bloom-Day-08-01.jpg

And to sign off, here’s a pic of Killer Kush #1 which I have to say is my fave…

large.Bloom-Day-08-02.jpg

Thanks y’all and keep it green :smokin:

• Like 14

Great news the damaged girl is doing Ok. Hopefully she'll be 100% soon! 

Looks like things are going nicely mate! :smokin:

• Like 4

UPDATE 17/01/2019 – 12/12 Lights (Day #11)

Another day and another update from Serpent’s Sweet Garden as things start to get a bit more interesting :george:

The girls are well into their stretch and seem to be getting bigger every day. I’ve not really given them a trim yet, but as there’s now plenty of foliage, I’ll get the scissors out in the next few days.

I’ve done a little bit of tucking, but not as much as I normally do as the net has quite big squares, so the canopy isn’t as even as I would like, but at the same time, it isn’t too bad.

SS #2 after my mishap is also still going strong, so at the moment, it looks like my emergency repair is working :yinyang:

I’ve also kept the grow nutes on 2ml, the feed chart says 3-4ml at this stage, but I like to be cautious. Still no bloom nutes, but I’ll be starting them soon, so at the moment, feed for KK #1 & #3, plus the two SS’s is currently…

• 2ml per litre Plant Magic Oldtimers Grow
  • 0.25ml per litre Aptus Startbooster (every other feed)

As for KK #2, she’s starting to look a little bit healthier, I think I’ve been overfeeding her a bit, as the last couple of feeds, she didn’t get any grow nutes and is looking better for it, so she’s currently on…

Temps have also not been too bad at:

• Lights On: 26-27C / 41-45% RH
  • Lights Off: 18-20C / 56-58% RH

I would like to lower the RH a touch, especially during lights out, so I’m hoping once trimmed, it’ll improve air flow, if not, I’ll just get a couple of cheap damp tramps and see how that goes.

I think that’s everything and here's a few pics from last night…

large.Bloom-Day-11-01.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-11-02.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-11-03.jpg

KK #2, although still a bit behind she's finally looking a little bit better...

large.Bloom-Day-11-04.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-11-05.jpg

Not in the comp, but here's the Sweet Specials...

large.Bloom-Day-11-06.jpg

large.Bloom-Day-11-07.jpg

Thanks for swinging by and keep it green :smokin:

• Like 9