In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunt with @Ch@ppers)

panik

On 09/01/2019 at 9:57 PM, Reflektor said:

How would they likely fare at sea level?

I know this is an old post, but im bored waiting at the airport after a 2 hour delay, i could only see it performing as well if not better as more c02 would be available to the plant at sea level as long as optimal lighting is provided, dont forget most indica and some sativa landrace strains used in hybrids are from higher altitude than most peoples grow rooms ! 

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thank you for this awesome read.

Can‘t begin to imagine the shame I‘d feel if I‘d call myself breeder, strainhunter or whatever and would see people doing things like this.

• Like 2

Missed this one!! Thanks for sharing these pic's gents :yep: 

Really love Nepal.

A few years ago i was there and wanted to try and ride up Everest (or as close/high as poss) on a motorbike, but my misses at the time wouldn't let me. So i/we went up the Annapurna Range instead. Made it up past Jomsom with her on the back of a dodgy old bike. Thought i was king of the road till a fecking bus zoomed past... On a mountain track no wider than the bus itself!!

Would love to go to Bhutan. Respect.

:yinyang:

• Like 7

13 hours ago, the lone deranger said:

Everest........ Annapurna Range 

I have done the EBC and the ABC on foot and heli. 

When I first did the ABC the trek started at lakeside, nowadays its easier. I have a mate who has organised a few group bike rides to everest on the Chinese side. 

Met this guy in Nepal, no prizes for guessing where his brother works. large.Screenshot_20200708_120016.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks for sharing this, epic adventure! Top reading with a few coffees on a quiet day at work :yep: 

• Like 2

@Ch@ppers ha, ha. Aldi? 

This wasn't an organised tour mate. I just bought a bike of a lad in Kathmandu and set off with missy on the back. Was pretty hairy at times but i'm fairly confident on a bike. She was brave!!

It wasn't long after the big quakes, so the roads (well, everything) were properly fucked around Kathmandu. At one point the road split in two with half of it dropping away about 30ft... Traffic just carrying on as normal on both sides :haveadab: I love Asia. Makes the west look so boring. Riding a motorbike around Katmandu city was probably the most scared/excited/dirty/nervous I've ever been on a bike :skull:

That same trip i was in Sikkim for a bit (so close to Bhutan I could smell it!!) and I found some lovely cannabis growing. Got some seeds too but managed to loose them later on the trip :wanker:

Thanks for bringing back great memories.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, the lone deranger said:

@Ch@ppersriding a motorbike around Katmandu city was probably the most scared/excited/dirty/nervous I've ever been

There was a guy lying in the gutter smashed up, his legs were fucked, big crow round him, a car had hit him then drove off, I asked a guy in the crowd why he wasn't being taken to hospital, he told me no-one wanted to foot the medical bill, in the end he was loaded into a taxi and taken off, life's cheap in the 3'rd world. 

I am contemplating going back to afghan/Pakistan to visit old stamping grounds. 

large.Screenshot_20200707_190608.jpg

• Like 9

@Ch@ppers Eh up fella - how you getting on? Just seen this thread and it's a total reminisce of some old journeys. I'll have to dig out some pics of the best Nepalese stuff through the Annapurnas at some point. Some lovely colours in those there mountains. Ounces of hash for $5 a piece - nom nom nom - makes for a long time in Kathmandu churning through it all after a couple of weeks trekking. Can't wait to get back there - I've told the wife if I ever go missing the first place to start looking is over the East ridge at Upper/Lower Pisang :fart:

Did you ever bring back any PI landrace strains? My missus wouldn't let me - but sure I could get a shit ton sent over :) That grow did my nut in, but I'd love to give it another bash over here. Will PM you at some point mate. I'm just glad I didn't have to go through all those forms on quarantine - we left at just the right time! Peace out bud - catch you soon!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, j0eperry said:

@Ch@ppers
Did you ever bring back any PI landrace strains? 

I did mate, got some seeds just outside zamboanga, tried them outdoors in the UK, very sativa loose purple buds that hadn't finished totally by the end of November. 

My nephew was over there a few years back, one of his mates was selling in cebu, he took these pics. large.atta_030143_image_00E1B38FEF.jpeg.jpglarge.atta_030144_image_00E1B3BFF0.jpeg.jpg

• Like 11

Same nephew who did the graffiti art?

It's the only size worth buying in over there ;) 

Strange isn't it - I've missed western style smoke for years - but now I just have a hankering for original uppy sativas (and the odd temple ball). Still out and about travelling? I can definitely get some seeds from central Cebu and/or Negros - leave it with me, see what I can do!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, j0eperry said:

Same nephew who did the graffiti art?

The very man, spent time with a cebuano graff gang :ninja: his mate gets rice sacks of satties from the boonies, breaks them down into saleable Street bags, the further south you come away from Luzon the better the chance of a pure strain, mindanao/ARRM was the place I got mine from. 

large.23231479_628241177566290_514162699121200886_n.jpg

• Like 5

I know a local at the base of Mt Talinis....900m or so of elevation. Couldn't say how pure it is but doesn't seem to have much indica in it. Will try and trace them down. Can definitely pin point the field on a map

• Like 2

I know a local at the base of Mt Talinis....900m or so of elevation. Couldn't say how pure it is but doesn't seem to have much indica in it. Will try and trace them down. Can definitely pin point the field on a map

13 minutes ago, j0eperry said:

I have been up talinis, and the higher one kanlaon where the british student died years back. 

• Like 3