Hello, I'm off again, planning ahead for my next grow. 

This will be HSO's finest, 2 x Blue dream  and 2 x chocolate mint OG.

this thread wont be updated for a while, I'm just putting a few pics on to remind me of when these were started.

My plan. 

I plan to grow these out in either coco or mud, for 8 or so weeks,  and use them as mums, well the best one of each. 

I plan to take cuttings off the most vigerous growing, smelly ones (Scientific or what lol) and install them into my RDWC system. 

Because of this I don't really want them to shoot out of the blocks and grow like mad, hence the poxy CFLs, rated at about 20w each or thereabouts.

I also have a 150w and 250w cfl, for veg duties if needed.

I soaked the beans on Saturday and the shells split yesterday, with the first signs of tap root, so I transplanted them into root it cubes.

large.2.jpglarge.1.jpg

These root it cubes were then put into hydroton in cups, and placed under my home made veg light (40W). Have a look at the craftsmanship that went into it ha ha, You don't get pine like that just anywhere you know.......

This is just to get them out of the cubes and will be upgraded in a week or so, or when I can be assed to get some soil / coco on the go.

They are living in a spare wardrobe for now. 

I thought about buying a small veg tent.......but they cost money..........

large.3.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.1.jpg

See you in a few weeks, all going well.

• Like 8

@badbillybob Thanks for getting this diary up and in place for when the real fun begins.

I can't wait for you to try our Chocolate mint og. Have you smoked/grown this unique emerald triangle treasure before mate?

This should be a fun one and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

Let's see what you can do with the HSO brand  :yep:

Good luck mate :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Alright there @badbillybob

Some serious bit of kit you have put together there mate, all that’s missing is a couple of pie tray reflectors:wassnnme: 

You certainly won’t be disappointed with the Cmog, she is an absolute banger, I might have to grow some more myself, 

So good luck and I hope it all goes well for you, Take it easy Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

I haven't tried the choco mint og or the blue dream before, but a few friends have tried the cmog, and rated it.

The kit is all the best of stuff. I was undecided on shoe box, because I also have an old Adidas box, but didn't want it to look like I was showing off ha ha

the pie tray reflectors would be too efficient :unsure: as I don't want them growing too quickly...........

I used to use these little cfls to keep cuts in my aero prop for the 8-10 weeks while the mums flowered out.

I should have been done for cruelty to plants, but they didn't seem to mind and grew out normally afterwards.

Thanks for popping in. Its gonna be quiet in here till they do something exciting, but i'll keep you updated

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

Is it me but everytime is see @Blighty_Buds I think the old bill are here lol

Must be the avitar  ;)

@badbillybob oh your in for a treat with our CMOG ;)

You'll love her and Blue Dream is one tasty HSO lady ;)

I'll keep dropping in as you update  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

well here we go. they have all cracked the surface, 100% germ rate, cant be bad.

I had almost forgotten about how bloody messy coco is (in my hands anyway).

it gets everywhere, and now I remember why I went full hydro. 

I potted them into my smallest pots, maybe 0.5 litre ones I dunno. 

And dosed them at 0.4 EC. Unfortunately I had potted them when I realised I hadn't checked the PH, oh dear, so its about 7.2 out the tap. I will run some more nutes thru them tomorrow with phd water. It wont make any odds as they wont be out of the cubes for a few days, root wise.

Here they are, blue dreams at the front CMOG at the backlarge.1.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.3.jpg

I changed out the 40W  CFLs for a 150 watt one. Its a bit chilly in there so more heat is a good thing.

Its sitting a few inches above them.

Now they just need to grow. 

• Like 5

tried to get the seed shell off one of the blue dreams today.

Old "touch of an elephant" here managed to break its neck.......Doh

oh well my last blue dream seed is soaking , for a replacement.

• Like 1

its just the cheap poundland blocks.

You add water and it makes 10 litres.

then I put it in an old pillowcase and flush thu with warm water in the bath for half a feckin hour to get all the dye out of it.

then charge it to 5.8 ish and add feed to 0.4/0.6 ish

• Like 5

On 03/11/2018 at 11:25 PM, badbillybob said:

its just the cheap poundland blocks.

You add water and it makes 10 litres.

then I put it in an old pillowcase and flush thu with warm water in the bath for half a feckin hour to get all the dye out of it.

then charge it to 5.8 ish and add feed to 0.4/0.6 ish

We have been using similar coco mate. When we can get it we pay like £1.75/2x25l blocks so 50l of coco for under £2 but it's touch and go when the shops have it so when they do the wife snipers the lot.

As I mix in organic nutrients anyway + 70/30 coco/compost I've not seen any bad results with it. Like @badbillybob we just let it soak then flush a  lot of water through.

For the price it's a bargain  ;)

100% Germination is a great start then you lop a head off lol

We've all been there mate that's why we have back ups  ;)

Be interesting to see a none hydro from you mate. You did do soil/coco a few years ago I believe? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

Thanks for visiting HSO-Mark.

yeah Mark I started with soil about 10 year ago, too messy  moved on to coco, still too messy, then went dwc, pain changing out the buckets every 10 days, then full rdwc hydro. The RDWC suits me to be honest, and I cant see myself going back to coco, altho soil plants definitely have better flavour, but its not by that much imho.

I'm not doing these in coco tho, well ok i am just now, but I'm just keeping these as mums to take cuts off.

The grow itself will be in the RDWC once the mobys are done.

That's the plan anyway.....

Waiting for blue dream 2 to show above the cube, should be tomorrow I hope. 

• Like 1

Here are the new recruits today. The blue dream replacement has just stuck its head above the cube, shell still attached.

I wil spray it this time till it comes off. lessons learned and all that shizz.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think its weird that all the leaves are pointing the same direction?

blue dreams at front chocos at back

large.1.jpg

• Like 3