Red dead redemption 2

WarmShoe

Amazing game. 

I’m only just out of the snowy mountains, and have been creeping around hunting, and stopping to roll a spliff. Taking all my supplies back to camp.

Love giving my horse a good pat and feed x

Ive not played too much lately as I had to say goodbye to my dog, Jasmine on Friday. Just not been myself crying a lot, and not sleeping too well. House is so lonely without her.

Time with Dad and friends. X 

• Like 1

Online beta

Full rollout details are as follows:

• Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
  • Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
  • Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
  • Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

The Red Dead Online Beta will be available to anyone who owns Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One starting Friday, November 30. When booting up Red Dead Redemption 2 and arriving to the title menu, you will see an option in the top right of the screen to select Online.

• Like 2

well RDR2 online has turned out to be a massive bag of shit

the best weapons are are 4 times the price they were in story mode, yet the missions, which are very fucking boring only pay out less than $5, so that works out at over 80 missions to earn enough to buy a half decent gun, and then about the same if you want to customise it

all the places you could loot in story mode are still there, but without the loot, strangers you rob carry next to nothing, and what they do carry the fence pays you a pittance for, you can't even rob shops lol

Also in story mode the trains ran every few minutes so that was a good earner, but in online you hardly see one, and if you do then it's a goods train so no passengers to rob, and it also seems the wildlife has been hunted to the point of extinction

I know its early days and Rockstar are calling online "beta" but wtf are they releasing a multi billion $ game that is not finished, it took 1000's of people over 6 years to make this game, it should have been finished and highly polished on launch day, it's blatantly obvious that Rockstar are going to milk the in game micro transactions for all they are worth once they come online

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Joolz said:

well RDR2 online has turned out to be a massive bag of shit

the best weapons are are 4 times the price they were in story mode, yet the missions, which are very fucking boring only pay out less than $5, so that works out at over 80 missions to earn enough to buy a half decent gun, and then about the same if you want to customise it

all the places you could loot in story mode are still there, but without the loot, strangers you rob carry next to nothing, and what they do carry the fence pays you a pittance for, you can't even rob shops lol

Also in story mode the trains ran every few minutes so that was a good earner, but in online you hardly see one, and if you do then it's a goods train so no passengers to rob, and it also seems the wildlife has been hunted to the point of extinction

I know its early days and Rockstar are calling online "beta" but wtf are they releasing a multi billion $ game that is not finished, it took 1000's of people over 6 years to make this game, it should have been finished and highly polished on launch day, it's blatantly obvious that Rockstar are going to milk the in game micro transactions for all they are worth once they come online

I've still not finished the main game, not even looked at the online thing, but it's good to hear an opinion of the online version :) Cheers man :yep:

What I'd perhaps say is that for the next few months the online version will be a beta version, cos they put a lot of time and effort into the single player game. The single player game is superb, I'm glad that maybe they have to work on the online version to make it any good, if it means that initally they made the single player game is as good as it is :)

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

What I'd perhaps say is that for the next few months the online version will be a beta version, cos they put a lot of time and effort into the single player game.

yeah thats true, but they already had the online platform because it follows the path GTA V had already set, and because the online version will net them infinitely more money that disc sales will, i just think its a poor show to release it in beta form a month after the games release

constant disconnects due to a "Rockstar server error" shouldn't be happening either lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joolz said:

yeah thats true, but they already had the online platform because it follows the path GTA V had already set, and because the online version will net them infinitely more money that disc sales will, i just think its a poor show to release it in beta form a month after the games release

constant disconnects due to a "Rockstar server error" shouldn't be happening either lol

I totally get where you're coming from man :) But for me RDR2 was always about the single player campaign. I may play the online bit of it at some point, but that's just an extra bit. I wouldn't really care if there was never an online mode, I bought it to play the single player game. The online stuff is an added bonus, and will take some time to get properly sorted. The single player game is why I bought it, and the single player game is superb :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boojum said:

The single player game is why I bought it, and the single player game is superb :)

I bought it for online mainly, the story mode is great but once its completed it's dead, whereas the online version is constantly evolving

I will say the first two days of online were quite civilised but today all the dickheads who shoot you for no fucking reason got access and that's also taken the shine off it lol

• Like 2

It's all different stuff to different people innit man, why I want to play a game isn't necessarily why you want to play it, and vise versa. I got it for the single player (which is superbly done on release), I don't care if the online stuff isn't particualrly well done at this point, I just wanted the single player game :) I'm sure the online version wil be good too, in maybe a month or two, it's in the teething stage now. They released the single player version, there's an online mode too but it will take time to sort it out, the online thing is really an extra on top of a superb single player game :)

Must admit I completely changed my mind about it once I got into it, it’s 1 of the best 1st person games I played, made me get up late for work twice this week lol 

Get on Blackout its mental.Not since Worms came out 30 years ago have 4 near on 50 year old men been up to 8am playing online.

Just one more game then...Sounds like the end of a rave.:george:

Edited by icki

On 11/30/2018 at 7:48 PM, icki said:

Get on Blackout its mental.Not since Worms came out 30 years ago have 4 near on 50 year old men been up to 8am playing online.

Just one more game then...Sounds like the end of a rave.:george:

I gave up COD games years ago mate

spawn, run around corner, get shot

spawn, run around corner, get blown up
spawn, run around corner, manage to get  few kills. get a bonus, low level package crate, get shot whilst claiming it
throw hand controller at TV, swear a lot, smoke a spliff then order new hand controller :spliff:

6 minutes ago, zibzabz said:

@Joolz We should make a UK420 posse. 

only snag is it means exchanging gamertags which can often be traced back to real people :ninja:

• Like 3