Red dead redemption 2

WarmShoe

Got it the other day, really enjoying it. Red Dead Redemption was a good game (with a great story) in a western setting, RDR2 is like being in a western movie (and I confess I'm a massive fan of good westerns - not generic cowboy films, but the greats - Anthony Mann, John Ford etc, the classics). The voice acting and writing are superb (the voice actor playing Dutch sounds a lot like Jeff Bridges in True Grit, and the script has shades of Deadwood minus the 'cocksucker' lol ) and the look and feel is pure western movie (down to the sepia tinted photos on the loading screens - the presentation is exquisite). I also like the slower pacing (something that I've noticed people complain about in online reviews, but I like it, it fits with the western tone). My only real gripes (and they are very minor ones) are that although you can unlock fast travel when you upgrade the camp, you can't fast travel back to the camp (except at the end of missions if the person you're with says they are going back and you agree to go with them), and that whenever you get on your horse it resets your weapons so you have to choose your loadout again either on horseback or when you get off - I keep forgetting and then discovering that I've only got my pistol when my horse is half a mile away :doh: But that's a minor whinge that is easliy sorted by me remembering to check my loadout before I leave the horse. Other than that I'm loving it :)

• Like 2

Loving RDR2 but encountered a pain in the arse, trying to hunt the legendary buck and whenever I go to location it says there's activity in the area. Spent ages riding around to see what it is, killing cougars, bears, wolves and rattlesnakes to the point where I've searched online (which annoys me, I make a point of not using walkthroughs, hints & tips and that kinda stuff, but this is doing my head in). Seems like it's a fairly common thing, people can't get the buck enounter to spawn :frown: Doing a couple of missions now in the hope that it will 'reset' the area or summat, if not then I hope Rockstar come out with a bug fix for it, cos I want that buck for the trinket that improves the condition of animal skins. It's usually Bethesda games that have annoying bugs, not Rockstar ones lol

Oh, and stealing a wagon, taking it to the wagon fence, putting the cinematic camera on to auto-follow the road only for the bloody stupid horses to fuck up a turn and run headlong into a ravine :frown: The horses survived but the wagon got stuck, couldn't turn it round to get it out. So I shot the horses lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

On 06/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, WarmShoe said:

Story 100% done. 

what a world! 

took my lad all week but he got it done ..now the online wait.

• Like 2

I read this the other day:

Red Dead Redemption II has a deadly bug that causes three important characters to disappear from camp at the beginning of Chapter 2. It’s easy to trigger the bug without realizing it because characters come and go from camp which makes it hard to know if someone’s off doing something or the bug took them out of the game. If the bug is triggered, the characters return in Chapter 4, but you miss the opportunity to do their side quests in Chapters 2 and 3.

From here

:smoke:

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 0:56 PM, Boojum said:

Loving RDR2 but encountered a pain in the arse, trying to hunt the legendary buck and whenever I go to location it says there's activity in the area. Spent ages riding around to see what it is, killing cougars, bears, wolves and rattlesnakes to the point where I've searched online (which annoys me, I make a point of not using walkthroughs, hints & tips and that kinda stuff, but this is doing my head in). Seems like it's a fairly common thing, people can't get the buck enounter to spawn :frown: Doing a couple of missions now in the hope that it will 'reset' the area or summat, if not then I hope Rockstar come out with a bug fix for it, cos I want that buck for the trinket that improves the condition of animal skins. It's usually Bethesda games that have annoying bugs, not Rockstar ones lol

same problem with the bonus legendary fish

it doesn't exist

12 minutes ago, Joolz said:

same problem with the bonus legendary fish

it doesn't exist

Not tried that yet (only just unlocked the fishing). Finally sorted the legendary buck problem, after exploring the whole area thoroughly. There's a couple of black bears I missed near the trapper (not sure if they were the problem or not, but I killed them just to make sure) and an O'Driscoll camp that was initially deserted, but that had people there when I went back. Killed them all, went away and came back and a big pack of 6 or 7 wolves was eating the bodies, killed the wolves, went out of the area and came back and was finally able to start the legendary buck encounter. Was ridiculously easy to track and kill after all the buggering about actually trying to get it to spawn lol

from what ive read it seems the special lures catch legendary fish ...which you have to catch to get the special lures ...a pointless time waster until online play comes along .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

from what ive read it seems the special lures catch legendary fish ...which you have to catch to get the special lures ...a pointless time waster until online play comes along .

special lures do catch the legendary catfish and all of the other legendary fish, but once you've caught all 13 you get an invite to meet the fishing guru at the San Luis river, he catches a 180lb catfish that drags him in and he leaves behind the "special spinner" so that you can catch the fish, but it never spawns lol

• Like 2

have you waited til midnight to fish yet ?

makes no difference just thought id ask lol

• Like 1

Just now, vince noir rock n roll star said:

makes no difference just thought id ask lol

spent 24 hours (game time not real time) and the fucking thing doesn't spawn
Starting to wonder if it's because I've completed the game

maybe its  a thing that will happen when the online mode happens ..

Edited by vince noir rock n roll star