The don`t be s.a.d sweet seeds 2018/2019 competition diary

vince noir rock n roll star

@vince noir rock n roll star That seed helmet saga  sounds like a proper pain in arse dude, it looks like your patience paid off in the end.

I am pleased to see you are slowly getting there with getting a nice selection of plants going. The contest runs until May so no needto rush things. Slowly wins the race as they say.

• Like 5

thumb reich?

outrageous ...

tomorrow i shall feed these plants ..its about time they had something .

large.101_6043.JPG

sad fv still in one litre pot ..

large.101_6040.JPG

wild rose starting to emit a smell reminiscent of old school skunk 

large.101_6039.JPGcream caramel cbd mesh pot ..ive  buried the pot where the last disco biscuit grew ,as the soil is rich in mychorrizal fungi and roots from the other plant these should attach and establish quickly on the cbd plant .

large.101_6038.JPG

and crystal candy is just realising she is in the flower tent ..you can tell when the plant realises because it suddenly speeds up massively ,growing up out and down ..before the preflowers arrive ,i do this because i reveg a lot of plants so the first run of them gives us an idea of whether i want more of it or not ,if i do it gets rotated to the veg tent and then back into here .

• Like 10

Hola Vince. All looking really good.  Once you finished the Crystal Candy, you will definitely want to reveg her. :yep: One of my favourite strains from the catalog.  A shame about wild rose being taken out, since every report i saw was really good. 

• Like 6

ahh see i didnt like crystal candy first time i grew it ..it was too acrid tasting on the strawberry melon side ..im hoping this time round ill find the more sweety shop end of the scale ..nowt wrong with the plant or resin production purely a personal preference to the taste ..either way this one goes in the cooking pot for the wife .

looking forward to trying the wild rose myself as after ten years of growing sweet seeds strains its one of the very few left that i hadnt tried .

• Like 6

Hope you get a nicer pheno of the CC this time around.  I was told that CC is the evolution of Sweet Special, if you remember that one. 

Also got a single wild rose seed lying around, which i wanted to use for the current grow until i read the rules.  Haven't grown wild rose myself, but might have to hold on to it until i have a clone/mother cab going again.

• Like 6

well this time i have two to choose from ..so fingers crossed ..

they all got a little drink of a 7,7,7 npk basic solution i grabbed from me mums ..shes been a gardener and plantswoman for 50years or more ..so if shes using it it must be ok ..

iwill probably repot the sad this week as its about time she flowered proper ..ive had to insulate the pot she is in because the cold nights here are hitting hard on some strains ..

large.101_6059.JPGlarge.101_6053.JPG

the sad^

large.101_6051.JPGlarge.101_6052.JPGthe crystal candies ^

large.101_6054.JPG

cbd cream caramel^

large.101_6056.JPG

wild rose 

• Like 12

I've grown S.A.D 3 times now and it's one of my favourite strains. I've got a diary of it somewhere actually. Things look great! Just like you said about the mandarin, you can't go wrong with S.A.D either. 

• Like 6

Always plenty of interest in here vince everything looking great :yes: 

I'm gonna wrap my pots also when I pot up, every little helps hey 

• Like 5

plants are starting to respond to their first bit of food at last ..although wild rose dont care ..she just carries on ,reminds of speed devil in its looks ..

one of the crystal candies is a runt ..not happy with her so will pull her out i think ..the other one though is going great guns ..the stretch should hit her this week as shes tryin to branch out a bit before flowering ..but as shes in 12/12 state already it should minimise branching on her .

sad is another squatty ..i like squat plants ..

cream caramel cbd looks happy in old soil /coco ..

so not much to report ..never is with me though ..id like to lie and say ive added 2mg of this that and the other with a squirt of brut33 for good luck but nah ..

large.101_6082.JPG

runty mcrunface

large.101_6078.JPG

wild rose

large.101_6077.JPGlarge.101_6076.JPG

sad fv 

large.101_6075.JPG

cream caramel cbd

large.101_6074.JPGlarge.101_6072.JPG

and finally crystal candy the ok one .

• Like 7

Very interested in that wild rose!. She's intrigued me for some time. The SAD is a squat plant but mine surprised me how much they stretched! Anyway, looking good

• Like 4