The don`t be s.a.d sweet seeds 2018/2019 competition diary

vince noir rock n roll star

in case you were wondering ....wheres the wild rose?

well shes still in her 3inch mesh pot about to be flowered out as a tester ..if i like her she will get the reveg and cutting proceedure 

large.101_5944.JPGlarge.101_5945.JPG

• Like 9

Loving the diary so far @vince noir rock n roll star but was hoping to peck your head for a bit of info before i start my ss diary. 

My plan is to grow one indigo berry kush and two cream mandarin fv in my 60x90 room. Will keep the mandarins as one stem trimming any side shoots and the kush more natural.

After seeing the pic you posted in ratdog's diary of an indigo kush(presumably sweet seeds) doing a full loop the loop, i am thinking i might be wise to start the mandarins a few weeks earlier. 

So my questions are. ..

Should i grow a SAD or two instead of the indigo? as they may have similar growth pattern to the mandarins.

How early should i sow the mandarins so they match the stretch of the indigo?

Hope this aint a hijack its just i know you have grown both.

• Like 4

the indigo berry does not grow anything like the mandarines or sads ..much leggier ..the mandarines and sads all focus on a central bud and side branching can be controlled easy ..id go for the sad for the competition rather than indigo ..but your the one who is smoking it at the end of the day ..

as it happens i just chopped the mandarine ..so you can see what the bud looks like on her ..no golf balls .

and grown under @diyleduk new 65 watt led board ..65 bloody watts did this ...who`d have thought the future was now 

large.DSCN0668.JPGlarge.DSCN0667.JPG

• Like 19

I think there should be a sub competition based on how many times your thumbs appear in the comp diary, Vince, just like a where`s wally picture.

• Like 12

thats a good call ...even i dont know how many thumbs i have or how many times they will be featured ...hold on ...me sons just said you got two thumbs you twat ...so ive got two thumbs but i still wont know the frequency of them ...or we could do a random ...wheres vinces thumb on the site today lol

• Like 6

this year has been like no other for seed germination rates ..ive never struggled to germinate seeds but this year has me flummoxed ..so many from so many different companies ive tried all manner of methods only to find its either the seed compost is too hot ,the coco has too much nutrient in or the ph is way out ..today i find out our water has geared up a level in the hardness stakes ..i shoulda realised after the heavy rains weve had and are due ..literally throws ya water ph over night in places like this ..

so ..would that explain the cream caramel cbd seed germinating and then rotting ?

or the crystal candy that germinated fine but just wont open her helmet up ?

ive scrapped the cream caramel cbd seed this morning as it was just browning off ..

the crystal candy i have misted with a warm water spray to try and soften the casing to allow it to punch on through 

but just in case ...ive put another crystal candy seed into some warm moist levingtons seed juju .

but the trooper of the lot and it bodes very well ...is the s.a.d ...it did what it oughta and no messing ..so she got an added sprinkle of mycohrizzal fungi watered in ..i have a plan for her .

large.101_5958.JPGlarge.101_5957.JPGlarge.101_5959.JPGlarge.101_5968.JPG

as you can see the wild rose has been sunken into some coco compost mix ..awaiting a good drenching 

the seedlings btw only look wet because i misted them before picture ..

• Like 6

Shame about the massive CBD seed rotting dude. Hopefully the rest of your seedlings will be ok and good luck with the new bean you have planted.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

That cola looks lovely.

Cheers for the advice. 

Am curious about the sunken pot method, what's the reasoning behind it?

Have done a search but nothing came up on indoor growing.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about your seed problems, hopefully it's just a bit of bad luck and we can see a fully thumbs-up grow from hereon in :yep:

• Like 3