Should I join my local Cannabis Social Club?

Mcgarret

On 12/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, Welsh Tom said:

I had a few facilities in spain. The guy who lived in my house before me was also a grower & by absolute chance, I met him (small world). Stayed in contact with him for a few months then one day he text to say he's under observation & then i noticed undercovers outside my house every day. Thought I was being robbed. As many as 7 people outside my house, men & women, almost daily. Then he was getting a bit of inside info to say they have photos of my house. Might be following me etc.. basically bad luck I got roped in with his drama but good luck that I managed to shut up shop & leave before anything came of it. 

Ive always been an indoor grower but if all this didnt happen I was saving for some land & a light dep. Not sure how well it would do in wales. It's pretty grim at the minute haha 

Welcome back to the UK dude. Great to hear from you.

Kettle’s on. :smokin:

• Like 1

My advice is to do the very best you can to stay safe and off the old Bills radar mate.

Don`t risk your liberty for people that you have never met, it can only lead to too much stress imo.

• Like 5

Excuse my wording of previous posts as I'm not a solicitor. If you get into any drama please don't say welsh tom said its ok. i did meet a solicitor who was representing many cannabis associations in Spain & i was just firing questions at him about everything. You will still be in trouble if you grow of course but id have used the excuse that its for oil. The reason I spoke to him because i was enquiring about opening a clone business & i posed the question does a clone have a thc value as clone, regardless of its thc potential. I've spoken to another guy in the UK about this & said its like a civil matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

I've spoken to another guy in the UK about this & said its like a civil matter. 

Please, please, please get proper legal advice. The MDA is real law, and it's starting point is (as noted) that the cultivation of any plant of the genus cannabis is a criminal offence. The Home Office - and not, the more logical Department for Industry (whatever it's name is today) can waive that by licensing a grow. But as others have said - that's not going to happen for anyone reading this thread.

Does anyone remember when Cannabis was (briefly) made cat. C, and there were numpties getting themselves arrested after going up to police with a big'un burning claiming "it's legal now, copper" ???

• Like 4

On 14/10/2018 at 0:06 PM, stoned_ape said:

Sad wankers.

It's a good idea but not worth the potential aggravation IMO, especially now that some of the hunting community have you in their sights (pun intended :P).

Hi @stoned_ape

Yep, biggest threat is the Hunt, they’re bullying and blackmailing me, cos if I obstruct or object to their fun and pains, all they’ve got to do is ‘grass’ me up again.

Next time, a visit and confiscation of me and my plants will be invoked. :police:

Rock and a hard place, sword of Damocles, damned if you do damned if you don’t.

I do have video evidence of last years’ hounds attack, shown it to a farmer neighbour who’s verbally passed on the message to the Hunt that if I go down, then the evidence goes up.

Not sure what I can do, except try and keep the pack out. If I get the Hunt Sabs involved it will only aggravate the situation. :taz:

Just 1 old hippy vs. 30 horsemen, 30 hounds, 30 nazi neighbours - sounds like ‘Battle of the Bastards’ from GOT!

Bit of a Mexican standoff, the Good, the Bad and the feckin Ugly.

:g:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 3

On 12/10/2018 at 9:24 PM, NiceCuppaTea4Me said:

If we want to get real change then you gotta play the game. Support from mainstream media and lobbying with meetings in plush hotels with good food , expensive drinks and any ‘entertainment’ the particular mp feels is appropriate.

forgive me if I’m wrong but most of us here dont run in those circles so the only option available to us is mainstream media. Get some of those fuckers on side and you’re golden, or maybe I’m high...

Hi @NiceCuppaTea4Me :geek:

I reckon some1 at the Beeb is a big toker as Canna news is always being aired on radio 4, the World Service and Victoria Derbyshire.

Maybe more than just you and me that are high?

:spliff:

Edited by Mcgarret

1 hour ago, Mcgarret said:

Hi @stoned_ape

Yep, biggest threat is the Hunt, they’re bullying and blackmailing me, cos if I obstruct or object to their fun and pains, all they’ve got to do is ‘grass’ me up again.

Next time, a visit and confiscation of me and my plants will be invoked. :police:

Rock and a hard place, sword of Damocles, damned if you do damned if you don’t.

I do have video evidence of last years’ hounds attack, shown it to a farmer neighbour who’s verbally passed on the message to the Hunt that if I go down, then the evidence goes up.

Not sure what I can do, except try and keep the pack out. If I get the Hunt Sabs involved it will only aggravate the situation. :taz:

Just 1 old hippy vs. 30 horsemen, 30 hounds, 30 nazi neighbours - sounds like ‘Battle of the Bastards’ from GOT!

Bit of a Mexican standoff, the Good, the Bad and the feckin Ugly.

:g:

It's a difficult situation that's for sure. As you say, get the sabs/police involved and it creates more headache, possibly shooting oneself in the foot (pun not intended this time). 

I don't know what to suggest mate other than to carry on and avoid attention (basically tolerating the hunt to some extent), or ditch the plants for a while and fight the hunt.

I can't see how your going to be able to grow and fight IMHO, but then what the fuck do I know. :)

I do hope you find a solution though, why can't folks just respect other peoples wishes?

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@Mcgarret I suspect pretty much everyone here.... but I can’t be sure

you could always put up a fecking big fence that the hunt can’t get past. It’s your land and they shouldn’t be on it. 

Or some “rabbit holes” that cause horses and hounds to stumble and throw riders could be good and you so didn’t dig them you just don’t want to hurt the poor little bunnies by filling the holes in.

Edited by NiceCuppaTea4Me
  • Like 1

On 14/10/2018 at 3:28 PM, JimmyPage said:

can waive that by licensing a grow. But as others have said - that's not going to happen for anyone reading this thread.

Dont be too sure about that.

e2a

Thes  stumbling block to growing in this country is not getting the license, that just jumping through hoops and money. The stumbling block is, that unless you have a market to sell you product to you wont get the license. If I had a legit foreign buyer lined up id be doing the paperwork as we speak. I have however a meeting set up with a rather large pharmaceutical company that is looking at giving me some assistance with regards the research side of the op which also makes him a legit legal end user for me. We need to work out lots and lots but the guy that owns it who im meeting is a bit of a "fuck you establisment" type of guy, we will see

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 1

On 14/10/2018 at 3:28 PM, JimmyPage said:

can waive that by licensing a grow. But as others have said - that's not going to happen for anyone reading this thread.

1 minute ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Dont be too sure about that.

No offence, but if it's my liberty at stake, I'll be sure of what I need to.

I would be amazed if anyone on this site held a license in their own name. If for no other reason that - like a driving license - you'd have to give up all sorts of protections to hold it.

The other reason is I really can't see anyone on this site volunteering to the powers that be they are - or can - grow cannabis. It's hardly keeping a low profile.

But there you go ... I'm guessing no one here has a license. And this being the internet the fact that even if a poster said they did wouldn't really make me wrong :)

None of us have a license.......yet jimmy

e2a, by the way, im as serious as a heart attack, its just a waiting game for all the pieces to fall into place, at the minute things are going the right way

• Like 1

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

None of us have a license.......yet jimmy

Even if you could get a license - even if they paid for you to have a license - I think I'd take a raincheck on that.

But, for folks who feel comfortable about telling all and sundry that they grow cannabis, be my guest. Quite aside from the fact that any future recriminalisation would make you a target, I wouldn't trust the police and home office not to leave a memory stick of licensed growers on a train, and wait for rippers to decide they've got a nice shopping list.

Even if it becomes legal to grow cannabis, there will always be low life scumbag morons who rather *you* did the work, and *they* took the money.

So tell me exactly why british sugar HASNT been done over. The same stipulations they have to meet, so would I.

That means more security than you can shake a stick at, like fort knox

We arent talking getting a license to grow a few plants in an unsecure greenhouse or loft. 

I could give up my 1.2x1.5 flower room if it gave me the freedom to work with the genetics of thousand of plants in a 50,000 square foot facility

e2a, I totally understand your view point jimmy and agree with many of your points, I would just like to beat them at there own game. 

And your right, just because ive said this, who am I? A nobody to everybody here, I could be full of shit and it might never happen, I will admit, that wont stop me trying to be an ethical voice in a business full of crooks. Fuck them, Just because cunts are currently doing it and getting away with it doesnt mean people with the resources and right intentions cant say a big fuck you and do it too but how it should be done

• Like 4

i know its really silly people thinking that if they had a licence they would be able to grow at home ................?

what when would that be a good idea in any universe ?

its obvious that if you got a licence you would have a secure facility to grow in , common sense ? whats the problem ?

@Welsh Tom sorry to be a pain but what's the actual score with the status of weed out in Spain? Can you grow as much as you want and just be left alone? Sure I saw online it says you can grow there for personal use. I guess it's not running like big business want it though? Only because not heard no where near the noise from there as we have with the states.

A mate of mine went Tenerife a few months back. Within days he was in some cafe smoking and got talking to some Liverpool blokes who said they was growing it themselves and just knocking it out in their cafe. Wasn't rich in terms of money but being paid to grow and lapping up the sun? Can think of worse ways to live lol 

• Like 1