Should I join my local Cannabis Social Club?

Mcgarret

I’m seriously considering joining my local Cannabis Social Club, with the intention of letting select members to grow a few plants on my land.

This way I get to meet like minded folk, safety in numbers and push the topic of legalisation forward...

Good idea or not? :police: :badass: :bag:

The mantra of don’t sell, smell or tell is a bit redundant for me.

I don’t sell, live isolated, but all my farmer neighbours know I grow - they found my plot 2 years ago,

told the local hunt who told the local police cos I objected to the hunt using my land.

Since then, police asked a neighbour about me but didn’t take it further - they’re policy is leave be if it’s just for personal.

Attitudes towards cannabis have mellowed this summer thanks to the medical scene and my neighbours know this.

I just want a community to belong to.

Anyone on here live in Cornwall and have looked at the Cornwall Canna Social Club?

Only been going since this August but they’re on FB, and I’m new to and wary of FB. :g:

Suppose if I get busted and go to jail I’ll have loads of drugs to choose from. :chains:

:oldtoker:

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Mcgarret said:

police asked a neighbour about me but didn’t take it further - they’re policy is leave be if it’s just for personal.

Did the cops talk directly to you? Even if they didn't and have adopted a 'live and let live' policy and are allowing you just to get on with it, (which I'm dead against btw )

word will soon get out you have granted growing rights to this club, which is just what they need to throw a conspiracy charge at you on top of all the other shite

which will invariably come your way.  As when growing in a rented property they will look into any involvement the landlord might have, it's your land bud, you can't run.

I like the idea of belonging and being part of a community but is it worth the risk? Investigate this club some more, preferably not on facefuck,

see if you can hook up with some other growers via a different and safer route, I certainly wouldn't be giving anything away mate, 

sorry for the lecture, I blame the drugs.....:rofl:.....stay safe...;).....:yep:

• Like 14

Why not join this social club and go along to a few meets, have a smoke a laugh and talk about the fight for legislation without any mention of you growing. I appreciate your saying the police aren't interested but I most definitely wouldn't be offering any land I owned to someone else to grow, risky enough for ourselves but once word gets around and it will, then you would also be held accountable as stu says above as and when any charges were brought. That wouldn't be a risk I would be willing to take myself.

• Like 5

you should not if you want to keep growing without anyone knowing! I myself would like to join one but its just not worth the risk!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mcgarret said:

with the intention of letting select members to grow a few plants on my land

as lovely idea as this is, it's definitly asking for trouble IMHO.

Will you give them free access to come whenever you want? Can they bring a friend? How many people will know about this little operation by the end of the grow season? People talk dude.

On top of that, You could get done for everyone else's grows too lol

• Like 7

Alright there @Mcgarret

I would say a firm solid no to letting other people grow on your property, but I am a right cunt, you seam like a fairly nice person, What are you expecting the outcome to conclude to?

I would predict strangers probably well built would pop around to tend their fields of cannabis, whenever that wanted, not the kind  of attention I would want around my yard/fields. Where would it end up going is my point, full on commercial field grow, dunno really, unless said club had a licence which I would doubt, even then I wouldn’t want them to know where I was.

Tho a generous and kind offer, and most importantly far too far for me to take advantage of, so I would leave it out.

Take it easy:yinyang: Jj 

• Like 8

@Mcgarret surely you should have offered it to us lot in the GG outdoor section first lol

How much land you got?.. I've got a hacks that need numbers to find the best..

large.seeds.JPG

Joking of course, before the mod's have a heart attack :hug:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Did the cops talk directly to you? Even if they didn't and have adopted a 'live and let live' policy and are allowing you just to get on with it, (which I'm dead against btw )

word will soon get out you have granted growing rights to this club, which is just what they need to throw a conspiracy charge at you on top of all the other shite

which will invariably come your way.  As when growing in a rented property they will look into any involvement the landlord might have, it's your land bud, you can't run.

I like the idea of belonging and being part of a community but is it worth the risk? Investigate this club some more, preferably not on facefuck,

see if you can hook up with some other growers via a different and safer route, I certainly wouldn't be giving anything away mate, 

sorry for the lecture, I blame the drugs.....:rofl:.....stay safe...;).....:yep:

@stu914, nope the cops never spoke to me.
Another neighbour said I’d been ‘discussed’ at the local parish meeting with the local beat cop there.

But nothing was done or will be unless I get too big...

I blame the drugs too! :spliff:

M

• Like 2

I sent an email to my local one in wales, hoping to connect with some like minded folk & offer seeds or clones, anyway to help the movement. Still not heard back. They gave me their email as i asked directly but I've been swerved haha

Thought about starting my own one, but seemed a bit strange the way i have to buy tags from the UKCSC, like its going to mean anything if i get raided. Plus seems like more hassle than its worth. I'd never be able to grow enough for the members, id open myself up to people knowing my business & id have to take the heat just to keep a few people happy. Might as well keep everything hush & share with people I care about instead of trying to please the crowd. 

• Like 7

Big fat no from me as well. It’s just asking for trouble, and I live in Cornwall! Just keep it personal, the three standard rules always apply, no sell, no smell, no tell. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, the lone deranger said:

@Mcgarret surely you should have offered it to us lot in the GG outdoor section first lol

How much land you got?.. I've got a hacks that need numbers to find the best..

large.seeds.JPG

Joking of course, before the mod's have a heart attack :hug:

You certainly have the numbers, I’ve got 4 acres, lets make music and dance,:guitar:

• Like 4

@Mcgarret haha you're way ahead of me mate with having land. i started the year with 100 lights now ive lost everything & im back to one light, funny how things can change. But I'm still keen on structuring a good collective of growers to help people. I have read about controlled drug licenses in the UK. I think it was like £4000 odd to apply. If you're record is clean & got legit money to build a facility or greenhouses, it may be possible to start growing cbd rich strains commercially for members only collective. Not 100% up on the law but i think if jump through a few hoops, you could do it. Would be a cool project with a great group of people. No nob heads allowed haha 

• Like 3