Should I join my local Cannabis Social Club?

Mcgarret

8 minutes ago, Welsh Tom said:

@Mcgarret haha you're way ahead of me mate with having land. i started the year with 100 lights now ive lost everything & im back to one light, funny how things can change. But I'm still keen on structuring a good collective of growers to help people. I have read about controlled drug licenses in the UK. I think it was like £4000 odd to apply. If you're record is clean & got legit money to build a facility or greenhouses, it may be possible to start growing cbd rich strains commercially for members only collective. Not 100% up on the law but i think if jump through a few hoops, you could do it. Would be a cool project with a great group of people. No nob heads allowed haha 

What happened to the 100 lights, and what are you doing with 100 rigs?
Wish you success with just the 1 light, but aren’t you a GG so no need for indoors, but then again Wales can be soaking wet, just look at the weekend forecast...

eta: £4k for a licence, bollix to that. :cowboy:

M

Edited by Mcgarret

I had a few facilities in spain. The guy who lived in my house before me was also a grower & by absolute chance, I met him (small world). Stayed in contact with him for a few months then one day he text to say he's under observation & then i noticed undercovers outside my house every day. Thought I was being robbed. As many as 7 people outside my house, men & women, almost daily. Then he was getting a bit of inside info to say they have photos of my house. Might be following me etc.. basically bad luck I got roped in with his drama but good luck that I managed to shut up shop & leave before anything came of it. 

Ive always been an indoor grower but if all this didnt happen I was saving for some land & a light dep. Not sure how well it would do in wales. It's pretty grim at the minute haha 

• Like 3

@Welsh Tom hi mate.

When i looked into growing hemp and getting a licence, there were lots of hoops to jump through. You also need good security, not be visable from roads etc, and a minimum of 4hecters (or 7, cant remember) to make it economically viable because there was only one company who would buy decent ammounts, and they wanted lots. Would cost a fortune to set up and keep them happy.

I know growing and selling CBD weed's a bit different, but i reckon the same would apply to security and licencing etc.

I reckon it would be a nightmare with police too. I wouldn't risk it to grow low THC weed :fart: Sort of defeats the purpose really. If people want CBD, just drink/eat hemp :yep:

• Like 4

It's true mate, i can imagine the attention it would attract if people got wind of big legal grow in the area. Be getting robbed for sure. That's what makes me not want to help the wider public because too many scruffs who would rather steal instead of do for themselves or support a good thing. 

I think the UK law says you can grow providing the thc value is below 0.2. Which isn't worth the hassle really. It's shit that there's hoops to jump through, im not happy until we can grow whatever we want. That £4000 for the license was just the application cost, still a high chance you can get rejected. & if you were accepted no doubt would be regular inspections & make it virtually impossible to crack on. 

All the messing around with medical cannabis now, just get to the point, discuss everything from cultivation to social clubs. Don't take years of pissing about discussing shit. I haven't read any apology from the government to say they were wrong about cannabis, that it does have medical value. Only going to have to amend the law for THC when they get proven wrong about that, might aswell address it now. 

• Like 7

If we want to get real change then you gotta play the game. Support from mainstream media and lobbying with meetings in plush hotels with good food , expensive drinks and any ‘entertainment’ the particular mp feels is appropriate.

forgive me if I’m wrong but most of us here dont run in those circles so the only option available to us is mainstream media. Get some of those fuckers on side and you’re golden, or maybe I’m high...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

I haven't read any apology from the government

You'll be waiting a long time dude lol

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

I had a few facilities in spain. The guy who lived in my house before me was also a grower & by absolute chance, I met him (small world). Stayed in contact with him for a few months then one day he text to say he's under observation & then i noticed undercovers outside my house every day. Thought I was being robbed. As many as 7 people outside my house, men & women, almost daily. Then he was getting a bit of inside info to say they have photos of my house. Might be following me etc.. basically bad luck I got roped in with his drama but good luck that I managed to shut up shop & leave before anything came of it. 

Ive always been an indoor grower but if all this didnt happen I was saving for some land & a light dep. Not sure how well it would do in wales. It's pretty grim at the minute haha 

Phew! For a minute I thought you was some sort of gangster :badass: with all those lights, but sounds like you’re just a hemp hippy at heart really...

I’ve looked at fields of hemp idea, but as @the lone deranger says, lot of hassle for nowt really.

But I’ll defo set up a Cannabis Co-op allotment stylee sort of ‘ting once it’s legal - dreams do come true. :magic: If you believe hard enough, smoke enough and just think of Cansas.

Shit weather @Welsh Tom, do you need bailing out, hope the scum  :police: marks don’t return? 

M

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 1

@Mcgarret

Haha I'd be a pretty shit gangster, id need a gang first. Had more of an ambition to start a drug revolution but failed haha. I did knock about with guys who wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than 400 lights tho, learnt alot from them. Those days are over for me :yep:

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, Welsh Tom said:

I think the UK law says you can grow providing the thc value is below 0.2.

When the costs of being wrong are jail time, it's probably better to be certain ...

• Like 1

Cannabis oil

The Home Office says that it can contain a maximum THC content of 0.2% and that the THC must not be easily separated from it

On 10/12/2018 at 3:36 PM, Mcgarret said:

told the local hunt who told the local police cos I objected to the hunt using my land.

Sad wankers.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:36 PM, Mcgarret said:

Good idea or not? :police: :badass: :bag:

It's a good idea but not worth the potential aggravation IMO, especially now that some of the hunting community have you in their sights (pun intended :P).

Factor in the people coming and going on your land, which after all said and done, you don't really know. 

As others have said it's a nice idea, beautiful even, but we can't always count on others to have the same mindset and intentions.

You sound like a good chap and you should have a warm fuzzy feeling for having the idea in the first place :), but I wouldn't do it personally.

Edited by stoned_ape
spelling and an add on.
  • Like 1