Dinafem Purple Orange CBD

colboyxx

Hello everyone, I'm going to do a weekly diary on a dinafem purple orange CBD strain, anyone's invited I'm on my 2nd grow now and just kicking off a baby cbd strain, the seed I would like to thank @Dinafem-Mark for his kind help with to make this possible so thanks again mark, so here's a list of my equipment to start with, 

Gorilla Grow Tent LITE LINE 2 x 2.5, x 5ft
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W (276w at wall) LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
550m3 6" exhaust and 285m3 4" intake, 

humidifier (early veg)

oscillating fan

biobizz all mix

biobizz nutes

right ok here goes, I'm going to mainline this plant to 8 grow tips, I'm currently doing 8 and more tops in other diaries at the moment and my favourite to do has been 8 so this is what I'll be doing here, I planted the seed in a root riot and a tad of water and 2 days later I was a father again, as soon as the root hit the bottom of the sponge I planted the whole thing in a three inch pot, here she is today at 1 week from seed, not a lot else to tell you at the moment, I'll fill you in as we go, I already love the purple edges to the tiny leaves, till next week folks, enjoy

large.IMG_1295.JPGlarge.IMG_1297.JPGlarge.IMG_1298.JPG

• Like 5

This should be fun and thank you so much for gerting another Dinafem adventure up and running on UK420  ;)

Our purple orange CBD was one of our first CBD strains released on our own and not in a collaboration. Packed full of flavour and a very well balanced strain :yep:

Let's see what you can do buddy, so far looking good :bong:

I'll be along for the ride per usual, good luck mate, youll do great :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone hope alls ok, here's the 2 week purple orange, coming along nicely, I've potted up, full allmix and that's it, so here she is now, enjoy 

large.IMG_1334.jpglarge.IMG_1330.jpglarge.IMG_1330.jpglarge.IMG_1330.jpglarge.IMG_1330.jpglarge.IMG_1330.jpg

• Like 5

A nice healthy seedling growing at a steady pace  :bong:

So much potential at this stage, let's watch this girl develope  :bong:

Is she getting partial sunlight? Or was she just taken outdoors for her photo opportunity? 

Thanks for the update mate, progressing well  :yep:

Until next time  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Hi everyone update time, the purple orange is 3 weeks old now and she's in her final pot, bit early I know but I had her out in the garden earlier in the week and with the shit days weather she stretched a bit so I potted her up to bury the stem, she's also had her first topping to the 3rd node, so the mainlinings underway too, still no nutes obviously, if you noticed there's more leaves still on there than there should be (i.e. 4 instead of 2) it's because I personally feel that if I leave them for now the plants got twice the amount of surface to catch the sun that's all, I know they've got to come off eventually but I'll take them off later when the plants more established and don't need them so much. That's about it really great looking dinafem genetics as usual and growing really well So far, so yeh really pleased, took some pics for you, so enjoy folks and good luck to you all. 

large.IMG_1350.jpglarge.IMG_1350.jpglarge.IMG_1350.jpglarge.IMG_1350.jpg

• Like 5

Nice amount of soil there for her to get to the next topping stage :)

Looking good buddy. Ive got some Cali Orange that i might mainline to 8 tops as i have some time before flip time :)

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

Hi all, very quick update for you, I just wanted to show you what I've done and how we're doing, ok the last update I had topped her to the 3rd node and left the 2nd node on for time being, I've now pulled the growth tips from the 2nd off too and your notice the nice new grow tips on the third node coming on nicely too, I hope that explains what I've done I've added pics for you, We now wait for the next stage for topping number 2, till next time, stay safe all speak soon,

large.IMG_1378.JPGlarge.IMG_1375.JPGlarge.IMG_1377.JPG

• Like 3

Some nice early topping and training being shown and utilising both the free outdoor sun (when we get it) whilst giving a boost with your indoor room :yep:

Definitely getting the best of both worlds and a nice healthy plant to prove it  ;)

Looking really good in here my friend, and as always thank you for the diary update, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Hi all, just a quick update on things, purple orange is coming on great its growing faster and faster as we go, fantastic genetics as always from dinafem, I've added a picture below of how giant the leaves are on her, I've never seen such big leaves for the 3rd node, 7 finger one of them is, maybe @Dinafem-Mark can look in and tell us if it's normal, as I say pic below, right I've done this update to show you what I've done on the mainlining front, we now have 2 new grow tips we need to pull down, so what I do is use something soft like tie wire to start pulling down those tips to start following the big leaf below ( the ones they tell you to remove earlier on in the tutorial but I leave on for now ) this is why, I use it as a board for the Plant to follow as your see below and also it's still working for you to collect that light right, ( bonus in my eyes ) anyways here's the pics you will see what I'm trying to achieve, maybe you will come up with better ones, but if you do please share. Have a good day guys and gals till next time, enjoy ( I can't express how CAREFUL you have to be pulling these grow tips down, 

There will be all kinds of ways of doing this but remember be gentle and be patient and you're fine, just don't break them tips off because they don't grow back and you will be p####d off believe me, I have a plant growing out now that had one break off and I've just used it to see how far you can push and pull plants, anyone want to see it I'll take some pics, let me know, 

large.IMG_1419.jpglarge.IMG_1419.jpglarge.IMG_1419.jpg

• Like 4

On 02/09/2018 at 0:51 PM, colboyxx said:

I've never seen such big leaves for the 3rd node, 7 finger one of them is, maybe @Dinafem-Mark can look in and tell us if it's normal,

Totally normal mate :yep:

At node 3 you would expect to find 5 fingers leaves. Going up from 1,3 then 5, 7 fingered leaves typically start on node 4.

This trait is due to the CBD influence  :bong:

Nothing to worry about and I think you'll agree, she's a vigorous lady ;)

Lovely training work, can't wait to see how this turns out ;)

Thanks for the update mate, things look great  :yep:

Until next time :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Hello everyone, update time, she's 26 days old today and still coming on nicely, as you can see in the pics I'm still following the large lower leaves below, (as I said before that's why I leave them on for now) I'm following them outwards till I get 4/5 nodes on each side, then I will top it to the 3rd node also on each side and clear off node 2 completely which will leave 8 grow tips which is perfect for my groom, if you look closely you can see 4 new grow tips on the plant now, that's 2 on each side. I will also be clearing off the unwanted leaves soon too, maybe next update. Still having just plain water at the mo about every 3 days, may start feeding next week, anyway enjoy guys, next update will be a good one as we start to form our perfect manifold to feed our beautiful buds, enjoy peeps and stay safe,

large.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1438.jpglarge.IMG_1439.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all, update for you, the purple orange (38 days old) is doing so well she's had all the unwanted leaves removed, I've done the final toppings on both sides, ( topped to 3rd node again on each side) cleared away 2nd node on each side and tied her in place, now we wait for our 2 new grow tips on the end of each arm to grow up and reach the height of the other 4 we already have to make our goal of 8 main colas. Really nice knuckles forming too, I hope you understood all that folks, any comments welcome, here's the pics,

large.IMG_1456.jpglarge.IMG_1456.jpglarge.IMG_1456.jpglarge.IMG_1456.jpglarge.IMG_1456.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful work so far my friend  :yep:

Your being super vigilant with your training and growth removal. This is producing a perfectly structured plants and it will not be long until this girl enters bloom :yep:

Lovely job mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1