Blue Berry Headband

sy100276

@HSO-Mark You know all that sweet talking wont get you anywhere my friend.  From the wall?  erm, not really checked. But we have 2 x 315w cmh, 1 x 8" extraction, and a fan.  So I not as worried as when I had 4 x 315's and a few other things from the 1 socket.......the socket fused :wallbash:

Last night was feeding time for Bertha, She took about 8l with a 3l run off......so about 30%? I dont check the Ph, I have enough to worry about. (But i do own a ph pen)

A fair few of the lower branches were hanging and blocking my entrance to the pot, so i have made hooks and hung them to the net to hold them up. Then as i had some zip ties, we went round and ziptied some top branches to the net loosely. just so they wont topple over for now. Later if needs be we can use string and paper clips to keep any large fat juicey colas falling over.

Halfway through week 4 peepz, should have a few grammes to keep me amused for a week or two.

Oh yes, before I forget.  Took cuts from Bertha and the had rooted by the 8th day, they were repotted in to party cups. then when all my other seedlings were potted up at d18ish, everything went in the veg tent under 2 x 900w led set to veg. And there was my mistake, the seedlings thrived and have become nice plants, and some have been sexed. But the cuttings, well i kind of fried them. So next time i will keep cuts under a t5 until fully established.

Good bye, Good luck, Good dabs.

Symondo

• Like 3

@sy100276 I'll be watching how you get on if ya don't mind. I popped one of these from seed a few weeks ago along with a 707 Truthband, they'd been in the fridge since 2014 so thought it was about time. They're both doing really well, there's a long way to go yet but I'm looking forward to them already!

All the best with the grow. :yep:

:smoke:

• Like 3

@Seasick Steve Cool. welcome to the show.    I found the bbhb, a short bushy plant, with tight internodes. Then once flipped theyopen  up and she shows her beauty.

Just given the first feed of the day. Now I know that I said earlier about my thoughts on boosters ans stims (snake oil), well, erm........

kind of changed my mind. :blub:  We are in wk 4, so tomorow we will start adding pk13/14 to the bucket for feeding, I am also going to grab a small bottle of boost to see what happens. Will be flushing these for 7-10 days, so there will be nowt left when chopped. Speaking of which, the plan is to take all the tops above the net, leave the lower stuff for another week on plain water to fatten up.

Things are looking good and she seems happy enough.

I wont post a pic tonight, will save that for a few days time. But resin has started on a few of the leaves, oh yeaaaaaaaaaah.

Stay safe, Stay Green, Stay Stoned.

• Like 4

On 08/08/2018 at 4:39 PM, Seasick Steve said:

@sy100276 I'll be watching how you get on if ya don't mind. I popped one of these from seed a few weeks ago along with a 707 Truthband, they'd been in the fridge since 2014 so thought it was about time. They're both doing really well, there's a long way to go yet but I'm looking forward to them already!

All the best with the grow. :yep:

@Seasick Steve Would we be able to talk you into doing a documented HSO grow on UK420? 

We would love to see what you can do my friend  ;)

@sy100276 Will look out for the next big girls(bertha,s) picture update mate, things sound to be progressing well as we hit just under half way through bloom :bong:

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

6 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

@Seasick Steve Would we be able to talk you into doing a documented HSO grow on UK420? 

@sy100276

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Hi Mark,

Yes I'll stick a few pics up now and then but i can't promise a proper diary, I'm rubbish at them, never can finish one!

@sy100276 Go easy on the snake oil man, you don't wanna spoil 'em lol

• Like 4

@HSO-Mark Thanks mate, yes, things seem to be going quite well. Thanks for popping in.

Holla peepz, Boo yakka shaaaaaa.

Well my golly golly gosh, pretty much half way. So things are due to have a kick, a kick of PK 13/14 :cowboy:, have been feeding her a little bit of boost as well - this was due to a company sending me a small bottle for messing up an order. So i have been using this at 20ml/10l, this has increased by 10ml each week. so today we have maxed out with 40ml/l. this will be the dose until the flush, which will just be plain water.  The Pk13/14 was given at 15ml/10l.

On with the show........

Day 25 bloom for Bertha.

large_25a.jpglarge_25b.jpglarge_25d.jpg

Time for a doob n a brew.

• Like 3

Alright folks,

Just little old me with an update......

Today was the start of week 5, so that means we are half way (ish). As I have mentioned before, in my limited experience with using the 315w cmh bulbs - they do actually reduce flowering times by 7 days. So may be able to say....3 weeks. Yes thats right - done in 7 weeks. I have a good friend that said done in 8, perfect at 9.  Well I will take the tops at what will be 8 weeks, the rest will get left another week to fatten up a bit, and enjoy the extra lumens that will be available.

Now on to feeding, these are being fed A+B and PK13/14. This will be the case until wed, then she will of had 7 days with the pk booster.  Now as it is pretty strong stuff, will give a good flush on thurs, then will continue with A+B, with Canna boost at a level of 25ml/10l for 7 days. Then begin the flush, just good old water for 7-10 days. 

Had to zip tie the rest of the branches to the net, to hold them in place. I can see some string and paper clips coming out to play soon.........really soon.

Well thats it for now, hope everyone is well and happy.

Sorry about the pics, in the words of my teacher......must try harder.

large_wk5a.jpglarge_wk5b.jpglarge_wk5c.jpglarge_wk5d.jpg

• Like 3

She's starting to put that weight on and I must say she has the potential to be a monster yielding lady  :yep:

That's interesting with the cmh, and reduced flowering times. Have you tested this brother @sy100276?

Will be interesting to see if this is the case :yep:

Thanks for the update on "Bertha" she's looking good :bong:

Until next time  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark  I can safely confirm this is right on reduced flowering times with Cmh, It has happened with every grow since i have had them hanging.

Thanks for stopping by mate.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 3:37 PM, sy100276 said:

@HSO-Mark  I can safely confirm this is right on reduced flowering times with Cmh, It has happened with every grow since i have had them hanging.

Thanks for stopping by mate.

All good to know mate, thanks for the added info brother  :yep:

1 question if I may? @sy100276

The cmh are 315w I believe? Is this performing as well as a 600w hps? Or would you need 2 x 315w cmh to be equivalent? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

@HSO-Mark  Greetings good sir,

Indeed, the cmh are 315W, thats the power draw......but they produce the same lumens as a 600w hps (or very close). From my understanding they cover 1x1m area, but as I am in a 1.5m tent - I went a little overkill, ans added a second. They also run cooler than an hps, and a spectrum that if very close to natural sunlight.  The bulbs last a a good 3 - 4 years too, so certainly a step up from hps bulbs.  Speaking of which I was looking at those 1000w de new fangled things, but then things happen..... and bills need to be paid. 

Oh, there has a little bit of a change with how things are going here. I do have a grow that is vegging about 4.5 wks old now, yes I have abused them in my normal fashion. Anyway. they were loving life under 2 x 900w dual spec led panels. Well.....need to slow the growth on them. So Have removed the led panels and hooked up 2 x 2ft 4 tube t5 lights, this should hold them back a touch with the difference in lumens. Well this gave me some led panels to play with......and as I was feeding bertha it dawned on me, lets see if we can squeeze a panel in between the two cmh shades. With a little re arranging and finding some rope rachet thingies - we were on like donkey kong.  So in went the led panel, and we connected it to the grasalin relay timer :george: 

She had her last feed of pk13/14 about 3am, the lights go off at 7am - yes it is fookin bright. So tonight at about 10pm we will give the girl a good flush, as pk is harsh stuff, just boost and enzymes. Then back to the usual suspects A n B, Cannazym, CannaBoost, for a few more weeks and then the base nutes will be dropped. From what I have learnt, Cannaboost is like a sweetener......maybe next time i might just use warm water and a spoon of mollasses :naughty:

Will be back later with some pictures, I must apoligise for my terrible photography skills - as my teacher used to say "must try harder" :bangin:

Live long and prosper.

Simple Symondo :hi:

• Like 3

Hi @sy100276 Great grow man. We have a few Bb Headband out in the wild gg style...thought you'd like to see them:

large.5b4afde114e82_2018-07-1508_53_10.jpglarge.5b582d2322f10_2018-07-2508_53_27.jpg

Really short bushy babes as you say, tight internees and lovely structure ovreally.  Hope they'll be flowering next time we visit. Keeping an eye on your grow...all the best bud!

• Like 3

@zug Thanks for the kind words, yours look like they are loving the outside life -top job. I found berth really opened up once flipped. 

• Like 1