Blue Berry Headband

sy100276

Good evening fine people,

Yes, that is correct........Symondo is alive and well and ready to do a diary.

Now I have been in a self imposed exile, as I was very sad when the chat shut down. But it looks like my one man protest is not going to prevail.  So here I am with a diary, although it has been so long I cant even remember how to mention folk.  lol

This will be a bit different as this will be a flower diary. 

Will be back to give the history and background of how this chap got his hands on these great genetics.  But wanted to get the ball rolling, and you can call off the search parties.

Peace, love and positive vibes.

• Like 5

@sy100276 great to see you back my friend and welcome to the relatively new HSO support forum on UK420  :yep:

I've got your pm and I'm happy to help and can't wait to see what you can do with some of the HSO line up ;)

To mention folk now just do the @ sign andand start to type the name and it will come up for you I just do the @ sy and your name is there :yep: no space after the at symbol  ;)

Again, great to see you back  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

Good day one and all,

@HSO-Mark Thanks for the warm welcome mate. Yes, it should be fun.  

Well, let me begin at the start.....

I had a very good friend visit me.....with a gift. We shared a few laughs and some club buscuits, rolled a doob. Oh my god......i was in heaven. Bloody damnn fine this is I said. Blue berry headband - Hso was his reply.  Well after getting pretty baked, he left. But as he departed, my friend whispered - I will take a cut for you.

A few weeks transpired and there was a knock a at the door, it was only my friend with a box.......what was in the box  hear you ask......well shave my head and call me baldy. Only a bloody clone of his bbhb.

I removed to cut from its soil encasing, tickled the roots slightly and in to a small sqaure pot of coco, with some clay pebbles at the bottom.  She spent a few weeks under a T5, during which we dished out harsh training and topping, oh and you know how I lurve leaf stripping, so she had a good dose of that, more than on one occasion. This does not look pretty, but they soon bounce back, we want bud sites here.....not massive fan shades. i must add, I do not do anything from the week before switching to flower.  

The pot sizes, were 0.5 - 3.5 - 10l - 30l fabric.

Light schedules were, Veg t5, then 2 x 900w led until week 3 of bloom, which is when we moved to 2 x 315x cmh.  

We are now coming to the end of wk 3, so buds should be getting a bit fatter.

Here are a few pics that I have taken along the way.

large.bertha1.jpglarge.bertha2.jpglarge.bertha3.jpglarge.bertha4.jpglarge.bertha5.jpglarge.bertha6.jpglarge.bertha7.jpglarge.berthastem.jpg

Stay strong, and stay baked.

• Like 6

@Jibba jabba We live in hope my friend, I do like big girls :wub:   Happy to have you here.

Good evening, 

Here we are almost at the end of week 3, day 20 to be excact.

Bertha is being fed 2-3 times per day, on a heavy feeding schedule with......Canna nutrients.  I am doing a run to waste, feeding by hand kind of dealio.  Maybe 8-10 ltres with a 25-30% run off. of which I remove most of.

Here are some pics as of 5 min ago.

Time for a doob, and a chat to myself i guess.

Day 20

large.5b64a1501a4b8_Berthd20bloom.jpglarge.5b64a15407468_Berthd20bloom2.jpglarge.5b64a15e28a38_budd20.jpglarge.5b64a16047750_bud2d20.jpglarge.5b64a162e1bab_bud3d20.jpg

• Like 5

@JamJar  I have not heard much about it tbh, But I have had the pleasure of sampling her......and she is up there with Smile in my book.  She is a good Mum, to have.

I started the cut under a T5, then I moved to a 900w LED, as she grew another 900w LED was added. After the second week of bloom I added the CMH, 1 x bloom, 1 x veg. She will stay under these until the end.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by sy100276
  • Like 3

@sy100276

Hello fella it’s good to see you back and with a diary  :yep:

cracking use of training techniques and Bertha is looking like she will reward you handsomley :punk:

All the best duder Ill just be over here skinning up :skin_up:

peace :smokin:

lil d. 

• Like 2

@lildaveham  Thanks for the warm welcome Fam.

Your kind words are greatly received.  Yes, I am a strong believer in training (plants), although at the start - it can look a bit shocking tbh.  Hopefully Bertha will be kind with her fruits.

Day 21 bloom now, so we are heading in the right direction. I do hear on good advice that Bertha could be done in 8 weeks, but 9 is ideal. But as we are now running CMH, these do reduce the flowering times by 7 days. so quickly approaching the halfway point.

Now time for a brew and a bifta.

• Like 2

Gettings fellow gardeners

Well here I am, on feeding duty with my dearest Bertha. But this is just a little update.........

day 21

Boom shakka lakka.

I have missed this place and the people. Glad to be home.

I have taken 3 cuts of Bertha which have rooted the jiffi pellets took 8 days to be pricise, and were moved to party cups. (I do lurve these red cups of joy). They are currently in the led veg tent, looking a tad rough, but they only got a cup a couple of days ago- they'll be fine.

Laters, man gotta feed mi gal.

• Like 1

Good day,

Looks like the weather is on the change, and these bad times are on the way out.

Now this was just a little update on my thoughts, with regards to Bertha.  She has been fed with canna A + B all the way through, along with Rhitzotonic and Cannazym. Things seem to be fine and dandy, no tip burn and she is loving life, but we are now into week 4 of bloom and it seems there are a few options.

Boosters, Pk boosters, Cal mag?  What the hell?  Do folk really pay actual money for this snake oil?  Now there could be a slight increase in yield, but isnt that kind of steroids - and we all know how great they are for the body.  So for the rest of this grow, this chap will not be using any boosters or such products this time round.  I am feeding her twice a day, so we shall see what happens.

I have heard that she is done in 8 weeks, but perfect at 9 weeks.  I have also heard the Bbhb is not a big producer, well this does not worry me one little bit. It is much better to have 2 jars of primo bud, than 6 jars of meh.

Here are a few shots from this evenings first feeding......Oh, a quick note. I did not do any tidying up after flipping to flower. In the catalogue it does advise to not take too much off, as in lollypop. So thats what I have done, but looking at the size of her, she could of handled a trim. But we do have some matirial for a hash run.  If it turns out as nice as @lildaveham effort, I will be chuffed. (Great info in that mans diary btw)

On a side note, I have spoken to @HSO-Mark, and OMFG he has only blessed me with the chance to do a diary with 2 strains. Black dog, and Bubbas gift. I am already thinking about what way to go with them. Quite fancy 4 x 1m scrogs, with 4 x cmh and maybe a cheeky couple of led panels down the middle :wub:

Stay safe, Stay stoned.

Day 22 bloomerino

large.5b68c2b46f170_Berthad22.jpglarge.5b68c2d1133d0_berthabud3d22.jpglarge.Berthabudd22.jpg

Before I go, let me introduce you to my Maxxy baby  (16 mnth American Bully) 

large_Max.jpglarge.5b68867f9a909_Maxchilling.jpglarge.5b68867d88283_Maxsleeping.jpg

• Like 3

Now that's what I call a big plant and aptly named, "Birtha" love it :yep:

With that lighting she must be getting close to 2250w from the wall, would this be correct @sy100276?

Now this is going to be one crazy flower show enough lighting for 4 plant, 1 huge plant, and a grower who knows what he is doing. How could this not turn out fanatically :yep:

Thanks for the update on birtha mate. She's a monster ready to put on one beautuful flower show ;)

Until next time  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2