Dinafem Roadrunner#2 autos

Carpcatcher

15 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

That was almost certainly the issue, big, dense buds being hung upside down, on their branches still, when the weather is humid outside, and a shed isn't going to get constant airflow and a breeze either, especially your shed which you said is sealed to help protect tools. So I reckon they moulded from the centre, inside out. You can only get away with drying that way indoors, and in a grow tent/room with controlled humidity. Or in a shed when conditions are hot and dry (as they were in July). 

My tactic is to let the plant go as long as it can (but always chop if wet/humid weather is forecast) and then I immediately remove all fan leaves and trim off any other excess leaf matter. This helps with airflow and I also find it much easier to trim the buds when they are damp. If the weather is still hot and dry, I will dry the buds on the branches still, hanging up in the shed (July/August). And I never get mould this way. But if the weather is going to be wet and humid, I will break the buds up into smaller pieces to help them dry quicker and minimise mould risk. Even then they still dry fine in the shed during the summer months, even if it is wet or humid. As I said though, I prefer to bring them in after a few days once the smell has started subsiding. Again, sorry to hear about you losing that plant. 

Thanks for the advice mate :yep:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2018 at 5:03 PM, Carpcatcher said:

Thanks Mark, I’ll be a lot more prepared next year and will learn from my mistakes. 

The grow was easy, the roadrunners didn’t ask for much and grew well left to themselves, lack of prep by my in the drying stage ruined it, I should of had somewhere better to dry with ventilation and odor control

I might look at an indoor set up so I can get a crop later this year while I wait for next years outdoor season :yep:

That's great to read that she was easy to grow and this year let's say it was a "practice" season. Next year you'll be better prepared with a grow or 2(If you start indoors) under your belt  ;)

Hopefully you'll do an indoor adventure and hopefully it will be Dinafem  ;)

Until your next Dinafem adventure  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2018 at 7:38 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

That's great to read that she was easy to grow and this year let's say it was a "practice" season. Next year you'll be better prepared with a grow or 2(If you start indoors) under your belt  ;)

Hopefully you'll do an indoor adventure and hopefully it will be Dinafem  ;)

Until your next Dinafem adventure  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks Mark and yes I’ll be sticking with Dinafem, I already have 3 blue amnesia xxl seeds that I bought when I got the roadrunners, 1 Roadrunner left and also 1 critical 2.0 auto that I got as a freebie so that will get me started:yep:

• Like 2

On 10/09/2018 at 5:20 PM, Carpcatcher said:

Thanks Mark and yes I’ll be sticking with Dinafem, I already have 3 blue amnesia xxl seeds that I bought when I got the roadrunners, 1 Roadrunner left and also 1 critical 2.0 auto that I got as a freebie so that will get me started:yep:

That's what we like to hear  :bong:

Do you only do outdoors my friend or do you also do indoors?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

That's what we like to hear  :bong:

Do you only do outdoors my friend or do you also do indoors?

All the best 

Mark..

This was my first grow Mark, I’m currently converting my loft into a spare room so when that’s done I’m going to build a 3’x3’ grow cupboard up there for indoor grows, hoping to have it done by the end of the year then I’ll be able to get a grow in early next year before the outdoors season starts again. How many of the blue amnesia xxl would you recommend in that 3x3 space with 300w of LED? 1 plant in a big pot or 2 or 3 in smaller pots?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2018 at 9:23 PM, Carpcatcher said:

How many of the blue amnesia xxl would you recommend in that 3x3 space with 300w of LED? 1 plant in a big pot or 2 or 3 in smaller pots?

With that size area. Yes mate either 1 plant in a big pot 20l+ or 2 plants in say 10-15l :yep:

That will work put perfect buddy ;)

Nice to see you now have the growing bug, it's a great hobby and quite addictive. Please tag me when you start your indoor grow my friend   :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

With that size area. Yes mate either 1 plant in a big pot 20l+ or 2 plants in say 10-15l :yep:

That will work put perfect buddy ;)

Nice to see you now have the growing bug, it's a great hobby and quite addictive. Please tag me when you start your indoor grow my friend   :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

I will Mark, thanks for your help :yep:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...