Dinafem Roadrunner#2 autos

Carpcatcher

I’m actually most of the way through this grow but I have taken pics along the way so will add them.

I picked the roadrunners for stealth as I didn’t want anything too big in the garden. I have a tropical plant border in the garden and the plan was to plant them in there amongst the other plants to try and hide them a bit. I dug two holes about 18 inch deep and 18 inch wide and filled them with a compost mix I’d made (1/3 coir, 1/3 Multi-purpose compost and 1/3 green waste compost) I sowed the seeds in 2.5L pots using the slotted pot inside another pot method so I could plant the pot about 7 days after germination and not disturb the roots. I used the same compost mix in the pots and covered the tops with clingfilm and put them on a sunny windowsill. The first one sprouted after 5 days and the second after 12 days, they were put outside as soon as they sprouted and planted in final position at day 7large.A4306C9C-B582-4380-88B8-7AEB13598A03.jpeglarge.8E65AEF4-0BD1-42B5-980F-A84565C081F6.jpeg

• Like 1

Here they are in final positions at day 28, they were slow to get going but now starting to grow welllarge.63A91F99-9620-4FA0-A76A-A61D23684094.jpeg

Edited by Carpcatcher
Wrong info
  • Like 1

Day 48 and growing well but this is when I started to notice browning on new growth which became lots of little holes as the leaves grew, it took a while for me to figure out that it was damage by mirid bugslarge.DDA51797-A4EA-48BB-A53C-626CA6FD81EC.jpeg

• Like 1

Close ups of the mirid bug damage and the bugs, they prey on aphids but if they run out of prey they suck sap from leaves which causes the holeslarge.0999CFF0-4488-4286-98AA-44B0CEC40A0D.jpeglarge.46CB9233-0225-4F5B-8F85-DFBA98194FD3.jpeglarge.95294088-1BAE-4999-AC37-E692C235D9F0.jpeg

• Like 2

never heard of then bugs mate ...  will they  damage the buds too ?   lets hope not ahh   and that you get a good harvest ... is there anything you could spray on them safely  to prevent them doing any more damage ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vortex said:

never heard of then bugs mate ...  will they  damage the buds too ?   lets hope not ahh   and that you get a good harvest ... is there anything you could spray on them safely  to prevent them doing any more damage ?

Luckily they havent damaged any buds, I managed to get them under control by killing them by hand each day until numbers dropped. Those pics were from a few weeks ago, I’m just about to post some up to date pics that I took yesterday. Plenty of buds developing now

• Like 2

Right this post will get me up to date with some pics I took yesterday on day 63 

Both plants have got a lot bigger than I expected, both are 1.25m high but are totally different, one is a Christmas tree shape with one main cola, the other is a bush 1.2m wide with multiple colas,  

large.385E0D6B-573E-4D7F-A447-DBD8CCE0525A.jpeglarge.822E4766-083E-4B19-A34E-29AACA7446DA.jpeg

The Christmas tree shaped one is on the leftlarge.D7B54F06-2986-4218-AEC6-F142EDEA60EB.jpeglarge.6053688D-69E4-4F7F-A9F2-F4F9D0ECDDBA.jpeg

• Like 6

Pistils have started changing from white to yellow, trichomes are cloudy and smell is a lot stronger so hopefully they’ll start to put some weight on over the next week or so although if the smell gets much stronger I might have to chop early before I get a knock at the door!large.8A58540E-B823-492B-8536-7761429B19D2.jpeg

• Like 2

Well I've not seen our Roadrunner make an appearance for a long time and I don't know what as she's a solid little auto :yep:

Roadrunner2 was our 2nd auto and a better representation of what autoflowering genetics can do, since then our autoflowering line has grown immensely so it's great to see one of our 1st autos still being grown out :bong:

Both plants are looking great and thank you for documenting your Dinafem adventure on UK420. 

I'll keep checking in as the finish line approaches  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Update on the roadrunnners, both are doing well  and escaped with no damage in those gales over the wknd and are starting to put some weight on, the smaller younger one looks like it will finish first although both still have a while to go. 

Heres the smaller one at day 68

large.CF8D535C-A712-4EA6-9848-1D14D7B3B38D.jpegand here’s the bigger one at day 75

large.EA7D95FD-1B5F-4D3A-A29E-162BFAA0DBC0.jpeg

and a pic of them together

large.08EE74BB-B0C3-4227-9590-710982B22ACD.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Well I've not seen our Roadrunner make an appearance for a long time and I don't know what as she's a solid little auto :yep:

Roadrunner2 was our 2nd auto and a better representation of what autoflowering genetics can do, since then our autoflowering line has grown immensely so it's great to see one of our 1st autos still being grown out :bong:

Both plants are looking great and thank you for documenting your Dinafem adventure on UK420. 

I'll keep checking in as the finish line approaches  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks Mark, I also got 3 blue amnesia xxl and planned on putting them and the last roadrunner on a gorilla plot but I ended up to busy to do it so that will be next year now. This is my first grow and I’ve enjoyed watching these roadrunners develop, they seem to be happy even though they’re a bit crowded in the flower border, I wasn’t expecting them to get so big