Zen Ken welcomes the simian

zen-ken

So....A little pre run of the system this time instead of just hoping it works.

Slight flow between pots and good undercurrent.....check.

Airstones creating a Jacuzzi......check (the new airstones work a lot better than the leaky pipe....the back pressure is less as the air pump sounds a lot better.)

Everything seems to be in place...no leaks....all clean....had silver bullet at full strength but this is just water to clean the system through.

New lids and new funky lime green net pots.

Lets go......wheres the ladies.....the x-stream is prepped and ready to capture some gorilla girls.

:yep:

• Like 4

So I have ten ladies in the prop......(I did kill one.... but as I had twins Im back to ten)

Will see how they get on for a few days and then transfer them to the alien.

I will make a selection on the final four when they start to show me some traits.

Peace and much love 

Ken

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

Just realized you're doing Gorilla as well mate! Nice one! 

I'm sure myself & @unity will be watching eagerly to compare notes to our Gorilla girls:smoke:

• Like 4

10 has become 8.....the poorer twin of my twins had to go unfortunately as did another that decided it wasn't going to even try to get out the root riot cube.

Normally I would keep them in the prop for a bit.....I have put them straight in the tent this time.....the MH is a good 1.5m away in a parabolic so I am not to concerned. (I have done this before but only with really vigorous plants.....and these babies are going for it).

I only need four of them so can afford a 50% fuck up at this stage.

The water in the alien is overfull.....at this stage you want it right up to the net pots...just touching/submerging them.....as long as the 'crown' is not underwater your good to go IMO.

NO FOOD they dont need it at this stage IMO.

PM root stim and gently PH adjusting but again not massively concerned about this at the moment.....will gently bring to 6.2PH

Will gradually add some food when they get over the shock of being moved.....probably a couple of days.....depends on plants.

I will hand top water for a day or two on lights out just get them side roots off and running.

As always ty to all of you for checking in and chipping in......your advice, opinions and encouragement are always very welcome as you know.

Peace and love

Ken

• Like 3

Alright there @zen-ken

8/10 ant too bad mate, could have been a lot worse.

Lookng forward to seeing some pics of your system, is it a diy jobbie? 

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @zen-ken

8/10 ant too bad mate, could have been a lot worse.

Lookng forward to seeing some pics of your system, is it a diy jobbie? 

Its an alien xl that I have adjusted the pipework to run like a pro system....with spray bar in the header with chiller and heater.... 12 airstones in 4 pots (manifolded them in strategically to help reduce root clog in me pipes)....filter and adjustable taps.

large_remo.jpg

Complete and utter overkill for my space as always from the garden of zen lol

• Like 5

9 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Complete and utter overkill for my space as always from the garden of zen lol

I dunno mate, I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not be able to have it, just like nanny McPhee :hippy:

I really like the idea of running dwc but the rez gets too hot, once I have a chiller I’ll have another go, growth was fast tho.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

growth was fast tho.

Yeah bro.....when they dialled in they grow at a rate I haven't seen in other methods tbf.

Very finicky.....but I use next to no nutes and can leave it to run itself for weeks in the beginning if necessary. 

• Like 3

I must admit to being very slack in my upkeep of the water zoo.

The Gorilla girls tho seem to have taken hold in there new home and I have the nicer problem of choosing four out of five (the other three are not looking as vigorous or showing the gorilla traits Im looking for).

I will make my selection soon but feel its time to add a little food and lower the light down....they are starting to look ready to eat. :yep:

The phenos look very similar in the five and I am very much hoping this is the case.

Much love to you and yours

Ken

:oldtoker:

• Like 4

It looks like I'm back from vacation just in time to see this legendary beast released from captivity. 

Nice to see you back growing my friend and I can't wait to see how our Gorilla performs in this crazy system  :yep:

Good luck mate I'll be along for the ride :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

Couldn't wait any longer and unfortunately I have had to ditch 4........Ashley the surviving twin made the cut tho :yep:

So.....I am off and running...the four seem very very similar at the moment so big up to dinafem for stabilising it the best they could.

As temps are still a little crazy Im not expecting this to be my finest effort but wanted something to fill the gap till the autumn.

Peace and much love guys

@Dinafem-Mark hope you had a good break bro :yep:

Ken

:yinyang:

• Like 3