JamJar - Purple Moby Dick & Sweet Deep Grapefruit

JamJar

On 04/09/2018 at 2:22 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

When you do your oil run, take safety very serious mate, do it outdoors, plenty of ventilation and don't spark a joint up

A little question on this subject lol

How far away feom the pot do i have to be to smoke? lollol il ve putting it in the garden.. will i be ok to smoke in the shed..? I dont want a mushroom fireball in my garden lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

A little question on this subject lol

How far away feom the pot do i have to be to smoke? lollol il ve putting it in the garden.. will i be ok to smoke in the shed..? I dont want a mushroom fireball in my garden lol

Are you serious mate? If your evaporating alcohol off don't be now where near with a lighter of cigarette. Especially not in the same room. 

Yes, alcohol is a lot lighter that Butaine so does evaporate quicker but I would not be nowhere near with a flame. I even leave mobile in the house lol

Might be a bit over cautious but my shed is still there and not in the next county lol

Be careful mate. I'm not far away if needed. 

I do hope your joking :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Are you serious mate? If your evaporating alcohol off don't be now where near with a lighter of cigarette. Especially not in the same room. 

Yes, alcohol is a lot lighter that Butaine so does evaporate quicker but I would not be nowhere near with a flame. I even leave mobile in the house lol

Might be a bit over cautious but my shed is still there and not in the next county lol

Be careful mate. I'm not far away if needed. 

I do hope your joking :)

All the best 

Mark..

Well thats answered that question..

It is kinda your fault for me asking thw question because im smoking this sweet deep grapefruit lollol

I will definatly not be anywhere near it. Im sure i can go a few hours without one. Silly question :wallbash:

• Like 3

@JamJar yeh I'll second that buddy, I've done this before and it needs to be done with great caution, be careful mate and deffo no naked flames anywhere near this or anything electronic, be safe buddy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, colboyxx said:

@JamJar yeh I'll second that buddy, I've done this before and it needs to be done with great caution, be careful mate and deffo no naked flames anywhere near this or anything electronic, be safe buddy.

Agreed, as much caution as possible when messing with solvents. You can have a break and leave the iso to evaporate whilst you have a cig/joint break. I would advise you don't get to baked you need your head in the game brother  :yep:

This is one reason my next investment will be a rosin press, solvents are good, love the science but 1 wrong move and I'm orbiting mars lol

I'm not far away @JamJar Any questions just drop me a line ;)

Safety first  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@colboyxx @Dinafem-Mark 

Thanks guys.

Decided il be using my spare room the evaporate the alcohol with the window open, door shut and a fan blowing it out the window.. my spare room is on the 3rd floor of the house so it will be well away from any electronics or naked flames.

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

I've set off a batch of ISO when cooking it down over a bain marie on the stove. The mix bubbled over and BOOM -flames everywhere. It took my eyebrows off. Luckily I had thought it might happen and I had a wet bath towel handy to cover it all. Pretty scary if you not expecting it :) I use a slow cooker now!

edit. ...and a belated Happy Birthday -21 again!!

Edited by bearukc
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, bearukc said:

I use a slow cooker now!

edit. ...and a belated Happy Birthday -21 again!!

I went straight in for the slow cooker method.

My jar and bud is in the freezer along with 1l of 99.9% iso. Im guessing it needs a while to cool down so maybe next weekend il do the batch.. from what i hear it can take bloody ages to evap the alcohol..

Thaanks for the bday message i had more happy bdays on here than i did anywhere else it was wicked day :)

• Like 4

So as thr topic of iso is ongoing i might aswell post my efforts here. Majority of this trim was the sweet deep grapefruit and dinafem white widow but there was some other bits in there too.

Only just finished my test batch as it was my first attempt ever and was abit scred after the warnings lol

large.IMG-20180910-WA0014-907x1612.jpeg

Around 3g of popcorn and trim with around 60ml alcohol.. put it on low setting in the slow cooker :)

Only took around 20 mins to half hour to get to this point above..

Now the next part confused me.. as i think the past few days ive been over reading on the iso guides and got toally confused and flustered. 

I ended up leaving it until it stopped bubbling.. i then mixed it all together and it started bubblng again so i left it. After around 10 mins it was a dark golden colour and the stikiest thing ive ever come across lol

large.IMG-20180910-WA0016.jpeg

No idea on the yeild as i was too exxited to try my first dab lol

Will put some more pics up tomorrow after ive done the main batch :)

Any tips appriciated as i say this turned out to be nice and golden. Some of it was like glass and some still soft so when mix together at the end it is a really tough sticky ball.. almost like caramel :D

Atb

JJ

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bearukc said:

and a belated Happy Birthday -21 again!!

I generally try to ignore birthdays and stuff like that, as I am a miserable bastard,but hope you had a good one.

Nice job with the iso mate :haveadab:

Every time I have done a iso evaporation it shits me right up, so I mainly just blast trim or bud for extracts, I know that is no safer but I feel better about it, also I really like watching all the bubbling in the purge.

So what’s it taste like?

And more importantly did it smash your face in? 

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

So what’s it taste like?

It tasted very strange but nice haha its hard to put a name to the taste.. definatly resin based but a little fruity.

It did fuck me up pretty good but tbh not how i thought it would. But i put that down to my teq.. i definatly did it abit wrong haha

Will be doing lots of concentrating now lol addicted already

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

But i put that down to my teq..

It can take some getting used to for sure,

I don’t really smoke/vape that much concentrate so it works when I do, so easy to build up a tolerance to it,then it becomes wasteful, 

Take care dude.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

Managed to get 1 decent pic before lights on.. the PMD sure is a frosty girl :D

Ohh and no idea how but i ended up with a small clump of qwiso in my hair.. its never coming out im guna have to snip it out lol

large.20180910_203648-900x1200.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

I generally try to ignore birthdays and stuff like that, as I am a miserable bastard,but hope you had a good one.

Nice job with the iso mate :haveadab:

Every time I have done a iso evaporation it shits me right up, so I mainly just blast trim or bud for extracts, I know that is no safer but I feel better about it, also I really like watching all the bubbling in the purge.

So what’s it taste like?

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

I just made ISO for a couple of friends fighting cancer. It tastes like hash and it does smash your face in!!

It my birthday on 3rd October and although I usually ignore birthdays, this one is my 60th so it seems more significant. :)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, bearukc said:

It my birthday on 3rd October and although I usually ignore birthdays, this one is my 60th so it seems more significant. :)

That's a HUGE one mate and must be celebrated  :bong:

@JamJar So glad you did a test batch mate and I did tell you this hobby was addictive  ;)

Lovely bit of ISO. Nice clean looking and makes my eyes red just looking at it :bong:

Thanks for the update brother  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3