JamJars Attempt with a Kingsize

@HSO-Mark thanks mate :) Flower is the easy part imo! Vegging is the hard part for me lol

Original curry.. well im not going to lie shes struggling. Had a little feel of her today and the bottom half of the main stem is already really woody, which i suppose is down to the slow start. No idea what im going to do with her.. tbh i think if i stress her atal she will die off so i may just leave her be for a little while longer to see if she kicks into gear. 

As for training i will probably leave her to get real lanky and then just supercrop her main stem over just before flower. 

If you have any ideas on what i can do to help her out im all ears as i do hate seeing a plant suffering lollol

Il get some pics of her for you all tonight :D

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

Original Curry

Shes had a rough ride.

Ive put her up ontop of my insulation duct which sits halfway up my veg box but a little bit back from the light so i think this may give her a boost of safe light but not sure how she will respond.

large.20180710_195710-1209x1612.jpglarge.20180710_195719-1209x1612.jpg

Oh and she looks so down in the dumps because she just got bathed in a nice warm mix of 2mlpl Fishmix 1mlpl BioBizz Grow. She drank a total of 500ml.. no idea if thats good or bad but i thought id measure it anyway lol

Atb 

JJ

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 5

Little update for Sticky Rib..

Starting to show preflowers now and the plan of 5 main budsites has worked ok.. will probably be the same as if i just did one big bud but just spread between 5 lol

Looks nice though.. 

large.20180713_075827-1209x1612.jpglarge.20180713_075859-1612x1209.jpg

Ohhh and i loved the idea of hanging thw pot noodle in the air (cant remember who is was now) ive made a little hanging basket from some garden wire lol

large.20180713_082117-1209x1612.jpg

POTNOODLE TOP TIP lol

so ive seen and read that alot of your potnoodle cups are drying out very quickly.. mine isnt at all which i think maybe because i left the lid on ;) keep the pot moist for a good 3 days atm. 

Atb

JJ

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, JamJar said:

i left the lid on ;)

Alright there @JamJar 

Top tip there JJ :yep: 

Is that mite on your sticky rib mate?

Take it easy.:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Jibba jabba always got a few white mites hanging around but they do very little damage. Never had any infestations its weird. I always spray my plants during veg and early flower with rapeseed oil mixture which kills most of the little bastads. 

• Like 2

I used to have a mite problem, I used a product recommended on here,large.IMG_2687.JPG

Treated my plants twice in a week, and I treat them when I take them from veg to flower, as they have to come out of the cabinet, and my shed is alive with things,I treat the inside of the cab with it to, it was about 35 quid I think, and it can be applied with the lights on no problems, I really don’t like smoking bugs :puke:  Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

@Jibba jabba i only ever have mite issues during early flower. Spray them up with the rapeseed oil concuction and within a week there all dead or stuck and dying. I usually do my last spray around week 4 and use a loupe to check to see if any are alive lol

I agree smoking mites isnt nice.. il have a look at that stuff you reccomend.. but 30 quid is alot of money for me lollol

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JamJar said:

30 quid is alot of money for me

Me too mate, as I am currently unable to work properly, or walk, tho I am slowly progressing, tho I truly believe that it’s just me being able to tolerate pain better, so I know where you are coming from the piss poor front :wacko:.

Thats the concentrate too so you can make many applications from one packet:yep:

Anyway enough of my waffle, 

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

Alright @JamJar I took an interest in mainlining from what I saw in your led grows so I'm thoroughly disappointed to see you here and not practicing the preach lol.

Looking nice though, I've had similar problems as your original curry, just very lacklustre, low energy and a bit fussy. I know they're slow to veg but your main one is going for it in comparison.  It's all about the quality though keep her going! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, leapsure skemor said:

Alright @JamJar I took an interest in mainlining from what I saw in your led grows so I'm thoroughly disappointed to see you here and not practicing the preach lol.

Hey mate

Im still mainlining all my girls :) but to be honest i have come to the end of my tether with LEDs.. my smd boards are working just fine but i really do miss the density of the hps lol

So after all the faffing about and more reading than ive ever done.. ive gone and bought myself a new digital ballast for hps. I will be keeping the blurple for veg but i think that will be it.

Ohhh and mainlining with a potnoodle pot.. not possible imo.. i think by mid flower the root issues would be insane. Ive tried to keep the method simular though but just with 1 topping.

Atb

JJ

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updates. Wont bore u with the details again lol

Trying to get everything update today but lights are off in the tent so can start with Original Curry.. shes now alone in the veg box and is finally kicking off. I recon another week before i put her in the tent.

large.20180805_143041-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180805_143053-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180805_143101-1612x1209.jpg

@Jibba jabba you must have jinx it mate because the spider mites have gone wild in my tent lollol i think it must have been down to my lack of attention the past month :( ontop of it now. Im thinking about completely starting again after my current grow and using the product you advised me to.. try get rid of the bastads for ever.

Im also looking into live ladybugs lollol

Atb

JJ

• Like 4

This heatwave would have contributed to the conditions being rip for a spider mite invasion mate :( Glad to read your ontop of it and eradicating the "borg"

Original curry has a nice shape, well structured and most of all looking nice and healthy :yep:

Nice work so far my friend and as always thank you for the diary update  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 07/08/2018 at 8:09 PM, HSO-Mark said:

This heatwave would have contributed to the conditions being rip for a spider mite invasion mate

The potnoodle has been smashed by mites.. i think it may be because it higher up in the tent so not much air movement and little hotter.

large.20180808_200535-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180808_200521-1209x1612.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics lol

Although shes struggled shes starting to pack on some weight now so this tulip i plan to roll may be bigger than i thought lol

Atb 

JJ

• Like 3

Original curry update.

She finally has started to veg lol last week has had some progress i think..

When do i flip? What you guys thinking? I had a look at the roots and id say there 2/3 left which is surprising. I think this strain was a perfect pick @HSO-Mark im glad i have this second potnoodle as i think i flipped too early on the last one? :D

large.20180813_183820-1209x1612.jpglarge.20180813_183800-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180813_183844-1612x1209.jpg

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 3

So yesterday came down the first potnoodle.. was a tad early compared to what i usually do but mites loved this noodle pot and after a close look with loupe, they were only on the leaves and not the buds so i chopped and shes hanging lol

At a guess id say it was around day 45 which now thinking about it.. probably way too early. 

large.20180816_194749-1191x1443.jpg

One bud i trimmed before hanging up so it drys abit quicker.. im hanging out to try this strain and i hate waiting lol

Original Curry 

Shes just sat in the middle of the veg box soaking up all 125w of blurple led as the rest thats in there are seedlings over in the corner :D

large.20180816_195231-1191x893.jpglarge.20180816_195241-1191x893.jpg

For the first time im checking the roots quite regular.. id say there getting close to 50% to filling the pot so you think its time to flip? Or push it a few more days/feeds. @HSO-Mark @vince noir rock n roll star

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 3