Amnesia Xxl Auto, Critical+ 2.0, 2018 Outdoors Diary

Mcgarret

On 9/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

That's a huge loss mate. Over 60% lost if my maths is correct  :(

Sorry mate, I hope the remaining 3oz is good?

If it was not for that darn mold 9.3oz/1 plants was a smashing yield  ;)

Sob story, just got over the loss, saved 3oz.

Made my first RSO from 2oz, made another mistake and burnt it! :headpain:

Technique adjusted, took another run at RSO with 2oz Dinafem Dinamed CBD (14% CBD, <1% THC) result 4gms RSO. :yep:

Ate a bit, tongue went numb, throat tingled, felt very relaxed, shrunk my usual aches and pains.:magic:

Next grows will include Dinamed CBD Plus: 20% CBD, <1% THC.:v:

Lesson learnt:

• choose strains with mould resistance
  • avoid strains with huge dense colas
  • plant out early (my 50.5º Lat gives 2 weeks head start)
  • harvest at first sign of mould
  • dry and cure indoors with dehumidifier/fans running
  • vacuum seal to extract any air and deny mould its environment

Even after 3 weeks curing, managed to suck 2gms per oz using a Vacuum Sealing machine, robbing mould of it's environment - air... :fart:

large.5b98d7241dfc8_VacSealing.jpg

Moto is you’re never too old to learn and if like me :med:, learn from your mistakes and share them so others can avoid them.

:oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 9

Wow, shame about the mould mate. I find end of August the worst time for mould down our parts. Hot and humid. I tend to do better with end of September to mid October, for the cooler days. However the quality of buds you will have harvested must be top draw with all that sunshine we've had till now. Those plants were into good hands that's for sure :yep:.

Great grow diary, the plants looked stunning! I sometimes wish I could shelter my plants form the OD conditions - I've though of lots of camo brollies could be a stealthy way of doing it :rofl:.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, Boomslang said:

Wow, shame about the mould mate. I find end of August the worst time for mould down our parts.

Maybe the fact I grew next to a medium sized pond added to the local humidity - my stupidity. :bag:

• Like 1

Dinafem 2018 Outdoors Grow Diary - Weights and Smoke Reports:

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 75 days old.

2.57oz/72gms.

Lost 15gms to mould, leaving 2oz for me.

Same taste and effect as the April germed pair of Amnesia Xxl Autos.

Bit harsh taste when smoked in a pipe, smoother in a joint, effect kicks in 5-10 mins later,

leaving me nicely relaxed but not spaced. :yep:

The Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Autos, gave an average of 68.5gms.

Didn’t include the runt which suffered from transplant shock and only gave 20gms.

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 56 and 59 days old. Harvested top and bottom separately.

9.32oz/261gms.

Lost over 6oz to mould, leaving me 3oz.:crybaby:

2oz burnt making RSO :ouch:, first attempt, leaving me fuming and cherishing the last oz. :headpain:

Strong cheesy smell, nice after taste, body buzz and deep.

Conclusion:

Prefer the Critical+ 2.0 even though she succumbed to mould so much, she’s a nicer smoke.

One seed left so will run her indoors but can’t veg for 8 weeks so won’t be getting 9+oz.

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark for the seeds and the chance to try them out(doors).

Must confess I prefer your HSO autos that I ran parallel to this diary, just my 2p worth.

eta: Good luck to all Critical+ 2.0ers - hope the mould don't take hold and you get to fill your jars.

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

Dinafem 2018 Outdoors Grow Diary - Weights and Smoke Reports:

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 75 days old.

2.57oz/72gms.

Lost 15gms to mould, leaving 2oz for me.

Same taste and effect as the April germed pair of Amnesia Xxl Autos.

Bit harsh taste when smoked in a pipe, smoother in a joint, effect kicks in 5-10 mins later,

leaving me nicely relaxed but not spaced. :yep:

The Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Autos, gave an average of 68.5gms.

Didn’t include the runt which suffered from transplant shock and only gave 20gms.

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 56 and 59 days old. Harvested top and bottom separately.

9.32oz/261gms.

Lost over 6oz to mould, leaving me 3oz.:crybaby:

2oz burnt making RSO :ouch:, first attempt, leaving me fuming and cherishing the last oz. :headpain:

Strong cheesy smell, nice after taste, body buzz and deep.

Conclusion:

Prefer the Critical+ 2.0 even though she succumbed to mould so much, she’s a nicer smoke.

One seed left so will run her indoors but can’t veg for 8 weeks so won’t be getting 9+oz.

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark for the seeds and the chance to try them out(doors).

Must confess I prefer your HSO autos that I ran parallel to this diary, just my 2p worth.

eta: Good luck to all Critical+ 2.0ers - hope the mould don't take hold and you get to fill your jars.

This is how you end a diary :bong:

Thanks brother and fantastic to read that the high CBD strains will be making more of an appearance in your garden. I must admit I'm loving our DinaMed Auto CBD  :bong:

Hope to see you next season my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers @Mcgarret really enjoyed your diary.... Some fantastic photos... Massive shame about the mold.... It was a real twist... Your plants looked monstrous... Such a Shame... It certainly been an unusual year weather wise...

Still top grow!  And lovely garden btw:yep:

• Like 2

Thanks @MacGanja for the kind words, but I’m just an average grower with average knowledge and skills. Seen some reet proper plants this season from other outdoors diarists.

Been a great start to the year weather wise, but mould came and took its share - not fair but lesson learnt. :smartass:

Next season will be running more outdoors, but no diary as just done 4 on the trot, need a break from the keyboard.

Plus, I’m strongly considering of joining my local Cannabis Social Club and might allow members some plants on my land.
Good idea or not? :badass: :police:  :bag:

M  :oldtoker:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 11:42 AM, Mcgarret said:

Good idea or not? 

A good idea if you know and trust the people my friend. If they are new to you I would get a feel first before showing your grow area ;)

Just a thought buddy :yep: better to be safe than sorry/arrested  :yep:

Good luck mate and hope to see you back once you've had a break :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2