Amnesia Xxl Auto, Critical+ 2.0, 2018 Outdoors Diary

Mcgarret

@Jack010 :thumsup: they are bushy plants, wonder if that's what the Bible references as the Burning Bush... :g: 

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 1

WEEK 11

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 39 and 75 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 24 days forced flowering.

large.5b45fcd94865a_x3DINAFEMAUTOSFEMWK511.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 75 days. Buddage has bulked up. Zingy Lemon/Pine aroma.

large.5b45fccebb901_DINAFEMAmnesiaXxlAutoday72.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Bud, 75 days, frosting up nicely.

large.5b45fccc92cfb_DINAFEMAmnesiaXxlAutoBudday71.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 24 days forced flower.

large.5b4601818e017_DINAFEMCritical2.0day24forceflower.jpg 

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Bud, 24 days forced flower, starting to frost up… :naughty:

large.5b46017f3dd1a_DINAFEMC2Budday24forceflower.jpg

Feed: 4ml Bloom, been drinking 2L every 2 days in this heatwave. Had two flushes with 2L plain water, since.

Critical+ 2.0 is getting 4ml Bloom, half grow feed as well, same as last week.

Summary: Took the earlier Amnesia Xxl Auto last week, 74 days old, nearly dry in this weather, but not a massive harvest.

Fingers crossed, no mould on the other plants, daily vigilance an imperative - got my defence set up, tracking any incursion into my zone,

not taking my eye off the ball - come on Ingland!

Seeing as this summer has seen unusually perfect growing conditions,

the theory that Autos take a bit longer outside than indoors might be blurred this year?

Heatwave over now, got one more week of dry weather, low 20s Cº, followed by rain for a few days, same temps, but humidity and mould risk up.

Hence, I’m aiming at taking the last Amnesia Xxl Auto in a week, making her over 12 weeks old by then. What say you @Dinafem-Mark? Do you concur? 

Second wave of Amnesia Xxl Auto is bushier at this stage and nearly as tall as her elder.

Should be done late August, just before the Critical+ 2.0, she’s got about a month more of forcing.

Rough maths equates 1hr less daylight per fortnight, waiting for about 16 hours daylight to leave her out to flower

without reverting, she’ll have been in flower for over 6 weeks by then too - to long into flower to reveg me thinks. :smartass:

Spider’s Arse.

large.5b45fcd751544_SPIDERSARSE.jpg

Bug - Shield Bug? Last year they were green, this summer they’ve either got a tan or is a new visitor?

large_BUG.jpg

Grub - curls leaf up together housing a cocoon with its head showing, squashed it.

large_GRUB.jpg

Sheep - keep them off my ladies, but watered and feeding on my fields, got lots of organic poo for next year.

large.SHEEP.jpg

:oldtoker:

eta: Slugs and snails conspicuous by their absence this summer.

Note the browning fields - farmers are crying:crybaby:out for rain down ‘ere - Lat 50.5º. 

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 8

WEEK 12

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 47 and 79 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 32 days forced flowering.

large.5b4dc88c61b2d_x3DinafemWeek612.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 79 days. Zingy lemon/pine aroma has changed to a stingy/menthol scent, reminds me of Vicks Vapour.

large.5b4dc884eb378_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoday79.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Bud, 79 days.

large.5b4dc88323e30_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoBudday79.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 32 days forced flower, starting to stink… :naughty:

large.5b4dc888c251e_DinafemCritical2.0day32.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Bud, 32 days forced flower.

large.5b4dc8876c2cd_DinafemCritical2.0Budday32.jpg

Feed: Third and last flush with 2L plain water, for the April auto.

Critical+ 2.0 is drinking 4L, 4ml bloom, 2ml grow, half strength PK booster.

Summary: Now it’s chop time for the April Auto. Foliage is knackered and has done it’s job.

April Amnesia Xxl Auto showing amber trichs, pistils 85-95% brown, fox tailing and stacking.

Can’t complain about a slight shower of rain this morning - wash of any dust before she's down.

Been a wonderful summer for growing - veg patch too. Such stonking growing conditions that the

second wave of May auto is almost two weeks ahead in bud development than the April plant.

Critical+ 2.0 is almost ready to come out of the shed, been flowering for nearly 6 weeks,

need another week or so to drop down enough hours of daylight (15hrs) to keep her floral.

I should work out a formula that takes the stage of flowering divided/multiplied by hours of daylight

to give a day on a calendar to indicate the release date - must be an app for that? :g:

eta: dry weight of the Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, taken 14 days ago was, wait for it, weight for it… 17 grams...

Nope, not a typo, (I was getting 71 grams from the indoor autos). Call it 20 grams with the loss to mould.

She didn’t like potting up and sulked for ages. The smoke is a bit harsh and not really much to write home about,

expect it will cure with more time, expect better results from the other Amnesia Xxl Auto - bigger, older, healthier.

Interested in everyone’s cropping autos now and what strains? Bet there’s some brilliant crops this summer.

A dive into the forum will tell. :yes:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

WEEK 13

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 53 and 85 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 38 days forced flowering.

large.5b5c8d9614ff9_x3DinafemWK713.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 53 days.

large.5b5c8d8ac2421_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoday53.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 85 days.

large.5b5c8d8ccfe0e_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoday85.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Bud, 85 days.

large.5b5c8d88eba61_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoBudday85.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Bud, 85 days, sexy intimate close up… :naughty:

large.5b5c8d875ebdf_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoBudday85closeup.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, chop time, day 89.

large.5b5c8d85b14f1_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAuto89days.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 38 days forced flower.

large.5b5c8d9021ccb_DinafemCritical2.0day38.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Bud, 38 days forced flower.

large.5b5c8d8e7819b_DinafemCritical2.0Budday38.jpg

Feed: 2L plain water, for the April auto, May auto on same feed regime as her older sister till flush.

Critical+ 2.0 is drinking 4L, 4ml bloom, PK booster.

Summary: 

Chopped the Amnesia Xxl Auto, at 89 days, this last week. The pistils were withered and trichs were brown, think I left it too long. 

Found bits of mould on it, not lots, but enough to annoy :headpain:and tell myself to chop earlier with the May germed plant.

Also, this time, too much crispy dead foliage to remove.

Critical+ 2.0, out of the shed, been forced flowering for 6 weeks, 42 days.

Long enough to remain flowering with 15hrs daylight now and dropping daily by 4mins.

We’re now roughly half way between the summer solstice and the autumn equinox, :yinyang: this and 6 weeks into bloom should keep her from revegging.

Plus, don’t have to jail :chains: her in the shed every 8pm and release her 12 hours later. 

Weather has just broken yesterday, heavy showers, wind and much needed rain again tonight and tomorrow.

Return to warm in August. Been bringing the plants into the GH for protection, doors, vents open, and 3 fans blowing - mould is my nemesis now.

Although it’s been a record breaking remarkable summer - drought and heat, I’m in a temperate rain forest zone, high humidity lately. :sweaty:

As I’ve managed a second crop of Amnesia Xxl Auto this summer, I’ll keep posting with the May Amnesia Xxl Auto and the Critical+ 2.0.

Chop the Amnesia Xxl Auto in about 3 weeks, 5 weeks for the Critical. Nice now, being just 2 plants to care for and wised up to their traits.

Weights and smoke reports for the April Amnesia Xxl Auto due in about 2 weeks. Been drying indoors but temps have been 25º+, with a fan. :sweaty:

Wow, so much info but that’s the real deal with my diaries, warts and all.

Apols for slight blur on pics - lower left of pics - factor 50 sun lotion on lens.:photo:

Red Beetle on Dinafem Critical+ 2.0. Shifty bug-ger, wouldn’t stay still.

large.5b5c8d942b083_RedBeetle.jpg

Pond, can always jump in when the wild fires come.

large_POND.jpg 

Love my garden, thought I’d share the bigger picture with fellow Jardiners. <_<

Third summer here, mashed the old Leylandii hedges, put in a veg patch and GH. Got my fields and woods to play in, as you do… 

Moon Rise - evening before the (obscured) blood red moon.

large.5b5c8d9111562_MOONRISE.jpg

Sun already set, moon struck by light reflected from blood red clouds, me struck by wonder. :magic:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

Love my garden

Oh man, that's one lovely garden and view behind, I'm looking all the time on zoopla to find similar but everyone I finds to far from work and kids school.

Poxy terraced house I'm in now does my head in, can't wait to move. 

85 days was perfect brother and a fine looking specimin  :yep:

I would have replied sooner mate but it was vacation time lol

She's down and harvested now and as said one lovely looking lady ;)

So we still have the late plant out amnesia xxl and your forced flower critical+2.0 still in your garden so let's see how they fair ;)

Thanks for the outdoor update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 7/28/2018 at 8:22 PM, Jack010 said:

Oh man, that's one lovely garden and view behind, I'm looking all the time on zoopla to find similar but everyone I finds to far from work and kids school.

Poxy terraced house I'm in now does my head in, can't wait to move. 

Stick with the terrace for now, took me 2 years to find my retreat, pull up the draw bridge and tell civilization to naff off. :yinyang:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 3

WEEK 7 & 9

Welcome back from hols Mark. :hi:

x1 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 63 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 49 days forced flowering.

large.5b6333da25ab1_x2DinafemAutoFemWK97.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 63 days.

large.5b6333d5b83e2_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoday63.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Bud, 63 days.

large.5b6333d339c43_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoBudday63.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 49 days forced flower. Had to support lower colas, drooping from their mass.

large.5b6333d8b1861_DinafemCritical2.0day49.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Bud, 49 days forced flower.

large.5b6333d757ea1_DinafemCritical2.0Budday49.jpg

Feed: 2L for the Am Auto, 4ml bloom, 0.5ml MagCal, half strength PK booster.
This will be her maximum dosage, start flushing next week.

Critical+ 2.0 is drinking 4L, 4ml bloom, 0.5ml MagCal, PK booster. Bloom to 5ml next week.

Summary: Skipped week 8, as that was in sync with the April autos, and by the time I’d finished cropping,
it was nearly ninth week for the May auto and seventh week flowering for the Critical.

Can’t see any detriment from outing Critical+ 2.0 last week. Slight knock came from being blown over 3 times last wknd. :thumbdown:

The auto, is looking better, bigger, denser than her earlier April sisters, smelling strong too. August forecast is dry and warm.

Shall take the Critical in about a month (or sooner) and the Auto in about 2 weeks (or sooner) to pre-empt mould - once bitten… :smartass:

@Dinafem-Mark not going for 85/89 days on this Amnesia Xxl Auto, more like 77/80, stay tuned...

Moth

large_MOTH.jpg

eta: nice looking buds curing from the April auto.

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 9

That critical+2.0(forced flower) is looking fantastic mate, putting on some serious weight now as evident by those huge side branches :yep:

Nice to read support has been implemented as those branches are only going to get heavier  :bong:

With the critical+ 2.0 being at around day 55 of flower now, How much longer do you think she has left before you get the scissors out? 

Thanks as always for the outdoor update, things look great  :bong:

Until next time  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

That critical+2.0(forced flower) is looking fantastic mate, putting on some serious weight now as evident by those huge side branches :yep:

Think the technical term is Donkey's Dicks. :smug:

Nice to read support has been implemented as those branches are only going to get heavier  :bong:

Got to keep air moving, can't let them touch and sweat... :sweaty:

With the critical+ 2.0 being at around day 55 of flower now, How much longer do you think she has left before you get the scissors out? 

Day 56 saw the saw come out, had to amputate the top half due to mould threats. :no:

• Like 1

WEEK 10 & 8

x1 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 70 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 56 days flowering.

large.5b6ef03b5ce56_x2DinafemWk108.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 70 days.

large.5b6ef0375e5ac_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoday71.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Bud, 70 days.

large.5b6ef0342ad2b_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoBudday71.jpg

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, Chop, 73 days.

large.5b6ef035e6e62_DinafemAmnesiaXxlAutoChopday73.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 56 days flower.

large.5b6ef038d605c_DinafemCritical2day56Flower.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Bud, 56 days flower.

large.5b6ef032c357c_Critical2.0Budday56.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 56 days flower, MOULD. :thumbdown::(:angry:

Shot taken in the morning, by late afternoon, mould had reached the top of the bud.

large.5b6ef031bd667_Critical2Mould.jpg

Dinafem Critical+ 2.0. Chop, 56 days flower. Ended up only taking the top half (lots of finger and scissor hash).

large.5b6ef03008771_C56days.jpg

Feed: Flushed Amnesia Xxl Auto with 2L water.

Critical+ 2.0, was on 5ml bloom and later flushed with 4L water.

Summary: Mould has arrived, earlier than expected, Sod’s Law! :fart:

Critical+ 2.0 has it worse.

Consequently, no option but to chop the top half of the Critical at 8 weeks.

She looks almost done, earlier than expected, think less than a week and bottom half down. 

Heavy rain this weekend. Having to rush the plants into my GH with 3 fans blowing, sheltering from the elements.

Then whip them out again when it turns sunny - pampered little princesses! :notworthy:

Weights and smoke reports for the April Autos:

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto (Runt with mould), took 74 days, gave 20g.

Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, took 89 days, gave 65g.

Not yet decided which is the best for taste and effect, they’ve both got a nice buzz which kicks in.

Quite harsh to smoke as dried too quickly during the heat we’ve just had.

Could have left more leaf on them to slow the drying process and aid the cure but over ruled by the risk of mould appearing.

Next batch of the May auto is drying normally and should be nicer to taste so will award my rosettes and rankings then - white coat, trilby at the ready.

GH, x3 fans, x4 plants and Jimmy the Jinge, another fan of my place.

He visits, eats, sleeps and slinks back into his feral fields.

large.5b6ef039f2c03_GHJimmytheJinge.jpg

eta: nice to see some rain after 2 months of drought.

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

That bud rot came in very fast and much earlier than I would have predicted. 

56 days flowering for critical+ 2.0 is not far of the optimal harvest window, maybe 7 or 10 more days but when bud rot strikes it's best to crop out, just as you did :yep:

On 11/08/2018 at 4:06 PM, Mcgarret said:

Next batch of the May auto is drying normally and should be nicer to taste so will award my rosettes and rankings then - white coat, trilby at the ready.

This will give you a better impression of the end product mate, give them a nice slow cure and you'll have some super tasty outdoor flowers to smoke  ;)

Greenhouse looks good, plenty of air movement and a nice ginger friend lol

Thanks for the harvest update mate :bong:

Enjoy that naturally grown bud. ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 7:24 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

That bud rot came in very fast and much earlier than I would have predicted. 

56 days flowering for critical+ 2.0 is not far of the optimal harvest window, maybe 7 or 10 more days but when bud rot strikes it's best to crop out, just as you did :yep:

Yep, she looked almost done, took the bottom half 3 days later.

Quite a big loss due to the mould - she yielded 9.3oz, had to dump 6oz on the compost!

large.5b8fa78a422e6_8oz226gmsMOULD.jpg :wallbash::russian::headpain::nope::bag::sadwalk:

• Like 6

Same thing happened to me the first time I did c+2, now I dry as fast as I can for the first 2-3 days then try and slow it down a bit changing the heat and extract fan speed :yep:

• Like 3

On 05/09/2018 at 11:11 AM, Mcgarret said:

Quite a big loss due to the mould - she yielded 9.3oz, had to dump 6oz on the compost!

That's a huge loss mate. Over 60% lost if my maths is correct  :(

Sorry mate, I hope the remaining 3oz is good?

If it was not for that darn mold 9.3oz/1 plants was a smashing yield  ;)

On 05/09/2018 at 6:32 PM, beezee said:

Same thing happened to me the first time I did c+2, now I dry as fast as I can for the first 2-3 days then try and slow it down a bit changing the heat and extract fan speed :yep:

Good call brother, get as much moisture out as fast as possible to reduce rot then once the humidity from the bud is out slow the process back down to even out the drying stage :yep:

Definitely worth keeping in mind for next season, actually every season in the uk growing critical+2.0 :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3