Amnesia Xxl Auto, Critical+ 2.0, 2018 Outdoors Diary

Mcgarret

2018 Dinafem Outdoors Diary Competition

x1 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto

x2 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0

large.5ada51b2a4427_Dinafemx3.jpg

@Dinafem-Mark, thanks again, here we go... :yep:

Germinating indoors, 125w cfl for about a week, harden off in greenhouse then final 10" pots and onto the patio.

Weekly updates to follow, from lat 50.5º

:oldtoker:

eta: got another 3 seeds in the HSO competition, so that's 6 plants in total, enough for one old man to shepherd . :med:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 9

Ah I love c+2, really tasty smoke but you'll need to watch the rot at the end, it takes hold really quick. 

GL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

large.5ae6fbedaf5d3_DINAFEMWK1.jpg

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 8 days.

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 9 and 1 days old.

2 failed to germinate, hence the diff in sizes and ages and strains.

Just watering sparingly. Been under 125w CFL, 24hrs, will drop to 20hrs and up the bulb to 220w dual CFL for few more days.

Then into the GH to harden off, pot up those that are ahead - Jobs for the weekend Monty!

Will start feed at half strength (Formulex) to the autos, the Critical+ 2.0 will get normal dosage.
Going to early force flower the Critical+ 2.0 in my shed - preempt the mould season, @beezeethanks for the tip. :yep:

My weather (Lat 50.5º) was warm then back to cold, will be warming up mid this week.

Must get the GH ready, (cleaned). Should be about 16hrs day light by start of next week - bless the Lord and good planting everyone. :lucky:

M:oldtoker:

• Like 5

Mid July/Late Sept.
Just the one plant to force, have done 4 before - what a faff that was! :wallbash:

• Like 2

large.5af1fbfb0b199_DINAFEMWK2.jpg

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 16 and 8 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 15 days.

Feed: 3ml/L PM Soil Grow, 2.5ml PM Root Stimulant, 1ml PM Catalyst, 0.5ml PM Bio-Silicone, pinch of Epsom Salts.

Half strength dosage for the Autos.

Summary: Over the weekend, potted up to final 10” (7L) pots, had lovely weather but cooler now,

so still in the GH for few more days, then onto the patio.

Potted up the Critical to a 3L pot, next pot size will be 12L.

Signs of light patches on her but not the autos, seems to have recovered.

• Like 5

large.5afaa3ac68320_Dinafemx3Week3.jpg

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 22 days.

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 15 and 23 days old.

Feed: No feed for a week, soil still wet for the Autos, but gave the Critical+ 2.0 another litre cos smaller drier pot:

3ml/L PM Soil Grow, 2.5ml PM Root Stimulant, 1ml PM Catalyst, 0.5ml PM Bio-Silicone, pinch of Epsom Salts.

Summary: Third week, out in the sun for some fun! Weather has been good, but still cold at night so back in the GH at night time.

Night temps outside have been as low as 5ºC and double that inside the GH.

:spliff:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 5

Thanks so much for getting your 2018 Dinafem outdoor adventure up and running  :yep:

Your off to a solid start and you know I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest thus outdoor season :bong:

Good luck brother  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

WEEK 4

The Great Outdoors, great chillin’ with my girls… Wine, women and smokes…

large.5b0509fecc8e7_x3DinafemWK4.jpg

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 22 and 30 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 29 days.

Feed: soil still damp for the Autos, due a drink soon. Gave the Critical+ 2.0, 2L when I potted her up:

5ml/L PM Soil Grow, 2.5ml PM Root Stimulant, 1ml PM Catalyst, 0.5ml PM Bio-Silicone, pinch of Epsom Salts.

Summary: Weather’s been great and set fair for next week. Night time temps are in double figures.

Fourth week, out on the patio during day time, sun and breeze, evenings spent in GH.

Potted up the Critical+ 2.0 to final 12L pot - £2 at Tesco, bigger ones in Aldi but I don’t want to lift big tubs. :med:

• Like 4

WEEK 5

large.5b0bb6789b41b_x3DinafemWK5.jpg

x2 Dinafem Amnesia Xxl Auto, 28 and 36 days old.

x1 Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, 35 days.

Feed: 2L, dosage for the Critical+ 2.0: 5ml/L PM Soil Grow, 2.5ml PM Root Stimulant, 1ml PM Catalyst, 0.5ml PM Bio-Silicone, pinch of Epsom Salts.

1L, two thirds strength dosage for the Autos.

Signs of over fert on the younger auto, so just flushed, next feed will reduce the dosage and probably ditch the additives
and just give them grow feed, start some bloom and MagCal.

Summary: All have doubled in height! Roots showing from bottom of pots with the autos. Both autos are flowering though a week apart.

Fimmed the Critical+ 2.0 at seventh node to keep her bushy and low.

With lots of tree pollen blowing about and all the Frankenstein lightening saturday night, l wonder if that’ll pollinate my plants and mutate them into monsters. :g:

Just whacked Aphids on my peppers and Spittlebugs/Froghopper on my strawberries in the GH.

Jet zapped with a garlic and Ecover washing up liquid mix, killed the Spittlebug with tweezers but the adult Froghopper jumped about 1’ somewhere else.

Now I know what to look for and how to deliver the organic death blow.

Also, got a saucer of stale beer with dead slugs in it and two resident toads in the GH - nature’s weapons. :badass:

Tip: Check under plant pots and saucers for slugs, inside and outside the GH.

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 3

On 28/05/2018 at 9:21 AM, Mcgarret said:

nature’s weapons

Better than made made ones my friend and will do no harm to the environment  :yep:

Critical is vegging very well and nice to hear that the autos are now flowering  :)

Can I ask at what day did you start to see pre-flowers/pistils with the autos?

Thanks brother  :headbang: and thanks for the outdoor update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

no harm to the environment  :yep:

Wont find slug pellets in my arsenal. Nature boy. :angel_not:

Tuff ask for when the autos showed pre flowers/pistils, certainly flowering by end of 4th week for both autos.
I'll keep an eye on the next batch. Cos, I've germed 4 more autos on Sunday, 3 are up already. :smartass:

Looking like a good summer...

• Like 1