TSK RGSC DFG + MG DIRY

4 hours ago, beezee said:

Hmm, nice buds. You gonna push them to finish fully? 

gonna let them go until they're done or the rot bites, what ever comes first (sadly likely to be the latter)

never done them before so i dunno, i was hopin @panik would give us the official estimate, but youve done them before, you're the gentleman of guerrilla growing, how long do you reckon they've got beezee?

3 hours ago, the lone deranger said:

@tsk top work mate :yep:   i love the pink pistelled DFG's!!

Good luck with the rest.

thanks man, they sure are pretty. and the stink... daaaaamn! :)

thanks for lookin in, best with yours to bro

:cheers:

• Like 3

They got at LEAST 10 days left mate possibly 2 weeks looking from here , pics can be deceiving though.. :yep: 

Edited by panik
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tsk said:

but youve done them before,

First time for me this year mate, I did do greengold last year and I had some whitey freeze, but the slugs ate all of them. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, panik said:

They got at LEAST 10 days left mate possibly 2 weeks looking from here , pics can be deceiving though.. :yep: 

The big monkey man, thanks for the pro evaluation. Ten days to a fortnight?! Shit the bed, I thought a month or something. Wow, that's... Fantastic yet inconvenient. Fuck, I'm gonna need more drying space!  ;) cheers pan man...

10 hours ago, beezee said:

First time for me this year mate, I did do greengold last year and I had some whitey freeze, but the slugs ate all of them. 

Fuck, I thought you did them last year! That was someone else then. Sorry Beezee, yet you still replied, like a gent... ;)

7 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Top job mate. 

Not much to do with me Tommy, but I agree. Good job panik and crew and well done the sun and earth and wind and all that (not the rain so much)

Thanks y'all... :cheers:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

the last two DFG, 165 days from seed soak and dirt - both came down today. the beginnings of serious mould and more storm weather forecast for the foreseeable sealed the deal.

starting with the furthest away plant

large.DSCF6233.JPGlarge.DSCF6235.JPGlarge.DSCF6236.JPGlarge.DSCF6237.JPGlarge.DSCF6238.JPGlarge.DSCF6241.JPG

the other one. don't think its quite fully cooked, left quite a bit on it (i think)...

large.DSCF6249.JPGlarge.DSCF6250.JPGlarge.DSCF6251.JPGlarge.DSCF6252.JPGlarge.DSCF6253.JPGlarge.DSCF6254.JPGlarge.DSCF6255.JPG

here you can see it next to her recently dismembered sister from the pictures previous...

large.DSCF6256.JPG

they smell like Mr. Sheen and Gasoline! oily, greasy, sticky, dirty, filthy, nasty, bad BAAAD  plants - in exactly the way you want!

although leafy as one could like, they were pretty easy to trim due to the pattern of growth and the long stems of the fans. only a couple of hours and in the drying rig they went.

the drying rig looks like this

large.DSCF6262.JPG

the box stapled to the roof is also a drying unit, the silver extract fan bellow it is not directly under.

if we open it up and add all my so far accumulated weed from RGS in various stages of drying, it looks like this...

large.DSCF6263.JPG

the paper bag is the broke back bitch. the shoe box on top is the buds i left on her for a fortnight

large.DSCF6265.JPGlarge.DSCF6272.JPGlarge.DSCF6273.JPG

the weed in the box on the roof looks like this

large.DSCF6269.JPG

my assemblage of jars looks exactly the same as the most weed ive ever had all at one time...large.DSCF6267.JPG

apart from the last half of the dfg regrowth down by the trax (if it survives the storm) i have harvested all the plants i put out from RGS. 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

ive got 15 plants from other breeders still oot n'aboot, but i truly don't expect any of them to make it past the finish line. the weather only becomes less favorable from here on out, and its storm weather, so...

if any of them do finish then hooray, but im treating the above haul as this years completed harvest. and im pretty much chuffed to fuck...

last year i had one auto plant and two ultra skunk (not fully cooked), all chopped in october and all smoked by december.

this year ive been smoking these plants since late august (i think), and if i want to get through all of this by new year i have my work cut out.

next year ill be running primarily RGS strains.

im a solid convert and can't over state how impressive these plants have been at lat 56 in a volatile coastal climate. of the three that got snapped in half, the one that survived grew to the size of two plants and the other two both produced flowers despite being shaded.

apart from a few litres o water during the drought and a top dressing of Q4 before the rains they got nothing in the way of care. the Q4 may be the reason behind the leafyness. i have a suspicion that i never watered the original dressing of Q4 in well enough, and that most of it lay dormant during the drought. come the rains, suddenly theres all this N available and BOOM! leaf city. thats my theory, but its based on nothing other than being battered this last month, so even i don't put too much faith in it...

so thats about it. ill drop some updates when every things dry and ive accumulated enough jars to store the dfg, maybe do some weights for curiosity's sake... perhaps a smoke report...

otherwise its pretty much a rap. we came, we saw, we grew some buds.

need to say thanks one more time to @panik for letting me participate in this "competition" where in he sent me free seeds of robust and hearty cannabis strains (through the post at his own expense) that i did plant and leave well enough alone just enough to provide me with more high quality smoke than ive had before in my life... for zero money.

competition? yeah, well, call it what you want...

i win!

large.DSCF6259.JPG

thanks again!

big love to all the clandestine ganja farmer sisters and brothers...

• Like 18

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tommy tucker @Mr_cocofibrelover @Boomslang cheers like! 

the year is a wrap. lets stick a bow on that shit...

MIGHTY GOLD

large.DSCF6351.JPGlarge.DSCF6357.JPGlarge.DSCF6358.JPG

what is there to do but repeat - this strain is a beast! 

eager to grow, insect tough, high drought resistance, resilient as fuck to being snapped in half and bounces back double the size. 

variety of phenos, none completely mold proof but very, very respectable performance...

early pheno  is not pictured here, was very physically motivational with the initially harvested branches, pretty satisfying mental disorientation from later buds. taste was... variable. cant really recall any dazzling experiences, but high and look was great.

pheno pictured is the later developer. smell is - custardy? but from a distance. some far away lemon curd in there too. mildly spicy, vauge waft of skunk now and then. not a reeker, subtle smelling plat. taste is hard to convey. it varies between buds, but i dont find it particularly delicious, which is a shame, as i have tons...

the high varies from bud to bud. some can be a bit racy for me, but usually the first joint is a kind of a jolt, followed by a settling down of spirit afterwards.

the third joint of this and its mong-ville, happy to watch youtube talks about pyramids or chakras or some such shit. i dont get much done...

not the best choice of an early day time smoke for me but there are plenty of other times its very fine...

ill definitely be doing the mighty gold again next year, the early plant carried a few beautifully self cooked seeds and i still have a couple un-popped seeds that were  issued for this here competition, so whoopee doop! thanks for this time, see you next year...

DFG

large.DSCF6336.JPGlarge.DSCF6338.JPGlarge.DSCF6337.JPGlarge.DSCF6339.JPG

[insert strong sentiments of positive delight here]

yeah, some kind of outdoor legend in the making here. insanely vigorous, hardy, stinky, lovely greasy beasts! i dont think much needs be added to how explosive these beans are with growth. take a little longer than the mighty gold but provide almost twice as much from two plants as mighty gold did from three...

the smell! Mr. sheen and benzine, citron and oil refinery odors.  when dried and cured the taste is very close, with a heavy emphasis thankfully on the lemon.

its FrEsH and lip smackingly good when vaped through my wee dynavap. the high is very raised eyebrows for me, thoughts per minute seem to get ramped up, wild tangents appear in brief crystalline entiretys and im off writing for ages trying to capture them... its not as racey as the mighty gold, much gentler amplification process...

if smoked on top of other stuff later in the night then i get pretty disorientated and a bit chipmunk like in attention. there is a point where it can swing from high brows to heavy lids and body relaxation...

multifaceted weed. delighted with it...

delighted with the whole thing. this year has been my best yet, though only my second outdoor harvest. 

if not for RGSC and this diary i would have harvested three pretty okay easy sativa and a dicot critical - 4 plants out of 20.

WITH the inclusion of the seeds for this diary, heres the total final haul...

large.DSCF6331.JPG

and ive made several runs of canna butter and some RSO and been smoking without pause since late august... never mind the trim bag (for bho) or stem box (for "chai" tea) or brown bags in the corner still drying

i punch the air like live aid freddie mercury!

2018 = nailed it.

thanks @panik and all who have followed and commented. s'been afuckin pleasure and yer a wodge of legends i dont feel quite qualified to associate with. thanks for yer tolerance.. ;)

until next year...

• Like 10

Wow great review mate , I thank you for taking the time and posting some amazing pictures in your diary and its full of information for any newbie or someone interested in getting a outdoor on, so that is great and exactly why we do these diary's to contribute information to the forum an those who want to read an learn so well done you,.. you done a great job this year and pulled in a great crop off plenty of smoke which is the main goal im glad it all turned out well for you in the end and I look forward to seeing you 2019 grow,.. top job,.. ;):yep: 

Edited by panik
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr_cocofibrelover thanks man, it's now officially an award winning diary! 

large.IMG_20181205_133405_862.jpg

Rockin!! I am Jack's sense of utter delight...

Thanks @panik for the abundance of bounty. Next year's diary can be expected to feature the above seeds popped and pictured in glorious infrared night time HD!!

What a brilliant year this has been. :)

Cheers everyone. 

• Like 6