Jacks Critical mission

6 hours ago, Jack010 said:

Why would they all die in one place??

Something taking them there and dispatching them...? Blackbird, Thrush?
That ,or it's another outbreak of novichok... :nuke:

Watch out for wind damage too, if bushy and tall... :headpain:

Looking lovely, hope for happy harvest... :yep:

• Like 5

Quick water run yesterday, all plants at this plot are getting huge. Most well over 6 feet now.

large.image.jpglarge.image.jpg

They are the ones at the back. All over 6 feet.  Looking a lot better this week, did look a little pale last week but they had fish mix and we had rain so prob broke down some ffb that was scattered weeks ago.

Getting really tall and yet to flower, looking like mid October finishers I think.

The two topped ones are well over 6 feet now. Hurry up and flower.

Had a few days of rain so I didn't take water. Put some SOP and bone meal down to help flower

You have some monsters on your hands my friend  ;)

Do you have anyway to get some support for those huge side branches? 

When these girls flower they are going to stack on some serious weight and it would be a real shame to lose any  :yep:

Flowering is coming and I can't wait to see these beasts in bloom ;)

Another nice outdoor update . I'll drop back in on the next :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a photo from afar today, wasn't visiting the plot, just prepping a plot near by so climbed up a tree and took a photo. :D

The tallest one at the back must be over 8 feet. It's the untopped critical , going to need a step ladder come harvest. :yep:

On 4/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, beezee said:

Ah I love c+2, really tasty smoke but you'll need to watch the rot at the end, it takes hold really quick. large.5b6ef031bd667_Critical2Mould.jpg

My pic of my Critical+ 2.0, day 56 of flower. Found lot more mould inside the buds while drying... :wallbash:

Like beezee says... Watch Out. :down:

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

It's really gutting aye @Mcgarret, I lost nearly a whole plant in the gh last year when I didn't check for a couple of days :( I spent ages training it into a stunning shape too 

• Like 3

@Mcgarret @beezee

Theyve gotten much bigger than I thought, hopefully I get a good bit even after mould losses.

I just weighed the auto mazar from this plot and after a lot of mould I've ended up with just over 9oz, my plan from the whole plot was 10oz so I'm nearly there already. :yep:

I planted out nearly 3 times the amount of last year cos most plants stayed small last year. I based my numbers on them results so I should smash it this year thanks to better prep and better weather.

Only need 6oz more from all my plants to match last year, hopefully get more than that from the 8 plants in this plot  :D

Gonna smash that target then mate! 

Don't be shy taking the Critical a week early, I guarantee it'll still be a pukka smoke. One pheno I kept would finish in 7 weeks anyway, indoor and out ;)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, beezee said:

It's really gutting aye @Mcgarret, I lost nearly a whole plant in the gh last year when I didn't check for a couple of days :( I spent ages training it into a stunning shape too 

Yep beezee, GH grows need proper ventilation and extraction. Same happened to me in my first GH grow - third mouldy!

14 hours ago, Jack010 said:

I just weighed the auto mazar from this plot and after a lot of mould I've ended up with just over 9oz, my plan from the whole plot was 10oz so I'm nearly there already. :yep:

I planted out nearly 3 times the amount of last year cos most plants stayed small last year. I based my numbers on them results so I should smash it this year thanks to better prep and better weather.

Only need 6oz more from all my plants to match last year, hopefully get more than that from the 8 plants in this plot  :D

n1, Jack010, last year was shite weather, this year, the opposite! :yinyang:

I need to hone my outdoor technique while keeping a winter crop going indoors until outdoors delivers the kilo I need annually. :thisbig:

I smoke 2g a day and plan to get into the oil sector, without fracking anything.

:oldtoker:

eta: On the subject of mould, I recall some1 on here saying could still use mould contaminated bud for cooking or making RSO.

I asked the question this weekend but got some ambiguous replies, not sure if I should risk it?

I got several oz of slightly contaminated bud and was hoping I could turn it into RSO.

What say you two? 

Edited by Mcgarret
mouldy advice
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

On the subject of mould, I recall some1 on here saying could still use mould contaminated bud for cooking or making RSO.

I asked the question this weekend but got some ambiguous replies, not sure if I should risk it?

I got several oz of slightly contaminated bud and was hoping I could turn it into RSO.

What say you two? 

Nope, bin it!

It's not the mould itself, but the by product (might be pathogens, can't remember) that can cause you serious ill health, they won't be killed like the mould spores would if cooked or doused in alcohol. 

Edited by beezee
  • Like 3

On 20/08/2018 at 3:19 PM, beezee said:

Nope, bin it!

It's not the mould itself, but the by product (might be pathogens, can't remember) that can cause you serious ill health, they won't be killed like the mould spores would if cooked or doused in alcohol. 

I agree, not really much that can be done with affected buds as said pathogens , micro element's etc are present which "may" transfer into the end product. 

Now, would a solvent like iso or Butaine kill the pathogen, maybe but you would not know 100% without lab testing etc.

With this subject you'll find debates from both sides but I feel once budrot sets in the best place is the compost pile :)

@Jack010 Some monster plants getting ready to bloom. Hope you are ready my friend, these are going to be HUGE  :bong:

Thanks for the outdoor update mate, I'll drop back in on the next :headbang:

All the best 

Mark.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Cracking grow mate, monster plants ;)

I lost a big Critical Jack last year to mold. One week it had 2 buds with mold on. Cut them out and the next week there was only one bud without mold lol The whole plant was annihilated.

Keep an eye on them mate :yep:

That's a plot to die for btw

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

Keep an eye on them mate

Im hoping that , with them being that tall, they will always have a breeze on them, that will help a bit.

Hope they don't rot to bad, think they all will be October finishers as well. 

I used this plot last year but only had holes, think turning over an area has really helped them. Will do all my plots like this going forward.

Thanks for dropping in.  :yep: