The 2018 HSO Pot Noodle Challenge!

I've had some security issues and had to close down ops until further notice. I'm currently in the process of moving house as a result, I'm hoping I can still get one done by the end of the year, but every day I go without my new space reduces that possibility.

Sorry I haven't kept you guys up to date, this last month has just been a nightmare, I can't begin to describe.

@crticalcontent@Jibba jabba @Resonance:rofl: only a sativa leaning auto hybrid, but it doesn't take a lot for me! @SevernValleySavant I wasn't too sure about tagging everyone because if people are having a break, there's usually going to be a good reason and everyone around here understands, but also thought people might be interested in how things panned out. I hope the shit storm calms down for you, stay strong.

I myself have long breaks (first came on in 2009) so I don't always remember the old names, but I'm pretty sure @vince noir rock n roll star diaries a few years ago gave me the confidence to piss about with an LED and not feel like I was doing something wrong :yep:. I've grown a fair bit of auto mazar (which i've gone off) but I'm sure he was an influence there too.

Edited by leapsure skemor
further thoughts
  • Like 4

On 30/09/2018 at 10:16 PM, leapsure skemor said:

@vince noir rock n roll star@HSO-Mark you're in luck, I just vaped some sativa. The situation as of now, 30th September, appears to be as follows: -

Name Plant age Styles Weight
@Resonance Flower D10 DWC,   
@Jibba jabba Flower D22 Mediumless, Top  
@cocopips Flower D37 Hempy, Top  
@leapsure skemor Flower D49 Soil, Semi Mainline  
@highlo Harvested Fytocell, Mainline 20.3g
@zibzabz Harvested Soil/Coco, Top Pending
@speshul91 Harvested Soil, Vertical 2.2g
@vince noir rock n roll star Harvested/Re-Re Veg Vince Noir 114g
@zztopbudz in veg 05th Aug Coco, Top  
@BDG in veg 31st Aug DIY soil, Vertical  
@craigfjyp in veg 8th Sep Soil, Vertical  
@SevernValleySavant MIA    
@goldie_2007 Retired    
@Fonz MIA    
@LEDBUDZ MIA    
@smokie1 b c f c MIA    
@freshstart MIA    
@Razza420 MIA    
@JamJar Retired    
@buddy13 Retired    
@Openairbud Retired    
@crticalcontent Retired    
@perkie_uk101 Retired    

Thanks So much for putting this up brother. A nice easy way to track each diary  :yep:

I'll drop you a pm mate to see if you would be willing to keep this going until the end  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 10:20 PM, goldie_2007 said:

I had 5 out of 5 duff seeds, germed, then wilted, consider me retired.

i had 2 die after germing to mate, they were in used coco tho. i have 1 seed left in the fridge il join in next comp with that as ive been away for a while but im back lol 

my 3 testers are all looking males. ive popped a few more platinum yeti f3s. gotta try these regular humboldt genetics now im back. how did people get on with them ?

• Like 2

@smokie1 b c f c Germination was the hardest stage of this grow. I knew it would be a challenge but we had more growers fall at the first hurdle than the grand national lol

Next time I'll try pick a strain not soon hard to germ ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

@leapsure skemor Any chance you could go through the thread and do another chart to show the progress so far?

Not now maybe closer to the end of this month?

That would leave December for diaries to be finalised then winners announced in early Jan 2019 :yep:

I must say this has been a blast :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@vince noir rock n roll star I think all grows are finished or very close to being completed  :yep:

Not going to be easy picking the winners as this has been a blast. Shown the potential of the strain, under some hard conditions and all in all a great showing by all involved  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

E2a- Winners will be one of my first tasks bsck in the new year  ;)

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

@HSO-Mark 

Can i make a wee suggestion for future noodle comps,,, A grown in medium part and a grown via hydro part ?

Yields can be so different between the two.

Or just have the grows all restricted to soil or hydro i guess.

cheers:hippy:

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 11:51 PM, Resonance said:

@HSO-Mark 

Can i make a wee suggestion for future noodle comps,,, A grown in medium part and a grown via hydro part ?

Yields can be so different between the two.

Or just have the grows all restricted to soil or hydro i guess.

cheers:hippy:

We could easily make 2 sections for

Soil/coco 

Hydro

That's no issue and could be even more fun :yep:

Thanks for the input mate much appreciated  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Final yield was about 2 gram on each plant. Should have been more. I feel with a different strain i could be onto so.ething with the hempy

• Like 3