Sweet Seeds Gorilla Girl vertical hps/cmh coco

zztopbudz

large.20180310_182352.jpg

Here we go again. I would like to thank Sweet Seeds for letting me sample some of their Gorilla Girl. 

2 strains ive heard a bit about , Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies , so I fancy a look of course. 

I wanna see what all these usa strains are about. 

Here is the Blurb on em .

This strain is the resulting hybrid from the cross between two of the most famous and powerful genetics coming from the USA: Gorilla Glue X Girl Scout Cookies.

The GSC specimen used for this cross comes from the phenotype known as “Thin Mint”. An Indica-Sativa hybrid with Sativa predominance.

Gorilla Girl® (SWS74) is a strain with a very powerful effect, featuring very high THC levels that can reach to between 20% and 25% in optimum growing conditions. Some specimens can even exceed these levels. The resin production of this strain is copious, covering all the flower calyxes with aromatic trichomes. The buds are very resinous and compact.

Gorilla Girl® features intense taste and aroma, with cypress tones and a touch of wood, complemented with hints of earth and citrus.

The plants look like balanced Indica-Sativa hybrids, very productive and vigorous, with long and flexible side branches.

Data Sheet

Variety SWS74
Indica: 40% / Sativa: 60%
THC: 19-25% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-600 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September

I'm currently running from sweet seeds, Black Jack , Cream 47 , Green Poison and Mohan Ram. 

Their genetics are extremely good and every plants a winner so far.

So I popped three of them in the hope of whittling them down to one winner. 

A 24 hour soak and they went into the coco. You see in the background are 3 Sweet Amnesia Haze they were good enough to chuck in as a freeby so I germed them as well. 

Both went in together and 4 were up in 48 hours . 

The gorilla Girls not yet. 

large.2018-03-17_18-18-02_zz.jpg

Here is where they are living until they show themselves. Just in front of a vertical 400hps.

large.2018-03-17_18-17-08_zz.jpg

We have some movement at last. 

large.2018-03-17_18-18-36_zz.jpg

The left one died at this stage as it couldn't free its leaves and 1 never showed and one had a similar problem getting from its shell. 

large.2018-03-17_18-18-48_zz.jpg

Here is the one that made it and today she is 2 weeks old exactly. 

large.5ac0a2e0d0fbf_2018-03-3111-00-56zz.jpg

She is already showing vigour and strength and a rather fat stem for her age. She is also growing at a fair rate for a seedling. 

large.5ac0a2e40aa4e_2018-03-3111-00-28zz.jpg

This is the room she will live and probably die in lol if she can veg quick enough. 

large.5aba66d1161a4_2018-03-2419-02-04zz.jpg

Just like the 2 plants I will be vegging 9 plants of different strains around a 40w hps vertical bulb like so. 

They will grow big and encompass the bulb , creating a doughnut of weed. 

large.5aba66c790281_2018-03-2419-03-14zz.jpg

They will be fed from a 100l water butt inside the room via that white plastic pipe and their will be 3 plants down the left , three on the back wall , and 3 on the left. 

large.20180302_114158.jpg

I intend to be flowering this room when my other flowering has finished in 4 or so weeks but I have to use the 9 biggest plants . I'm hoping this Gorilla Girl will be big enough to make the cut .

Or she may go into my other room that is slightly bigger than this one and be be vegged for a good couple of months , to a tree size (for me anyway).

Time will tell as I really don't want to flower her if she isn't ready or big enough . 

So far I'm positive because she has healthy power grower written all over her. 

More in a week From Gorilla Girl

zz

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 10

gorilla girl sounds good this is something I will tag along for never seen this ran yet good vibes sent to you :bong:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HOBBIT said:

gorilla girl sounds good this is something I will tag along for never seen this ran yet good vibes sent to you :bong:

Cheers hobbit , the signs are good so far. She is the most vigorous of all my seedlings so far. A strong plant even from the seedling stage. 

she is gonna be a pretty one 

zz

• Like 2

I'll tag along for this grow if you don't mind :) Gorilla Girl is a strain on my radar atm. I'm already growing some thin mint GSC from seed and I have a GG4 mum I'm about to take cuts from. It'll be interesting to see how these two strains combine. 

Best of luck.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 0:29 PM, bearukc said:

I'll tag along for this grow if you don't mind :) Gorilla Girl is a strain on my radar atm. I'm already growing some thin mint GSC from seed and I have a GG4 mum I'm about to take cuts from. It'll be interesting to see how these two strains combine. 

Best of luck.

Sorry Bear 

Missed this one brother. You are most welcome mate. I think she , or hope she is a bit special. 

zz

• Like 2

Here we go again. 

Almost 3 weeks old now tomorrow and she is growing really well. 

I potted her up into 1 l pots and I'm impressed with her growth and slightly squat nature. 

Also I have just 2 slots left in the other room for flowering in about a month. So I have removed all the babies and fired up my other new room. 

The 250w is perfectly adequate for heating now outside temps have warmed. 

I much prefer it for small plants the metal halide blue. 

large.5ac9e5b2f1fcb_2018-04-0712-27-24zz.jpg

Here she is Growing well for 3 weeks and just been potted up into 1l . I think she will explode in the coming week. 

large.5ac9e5ad17ef5_2018-04-0712-29-04zz.jpglarge.5ac9e5ae59fcb_2018-04-0712-29-00zz.jpg

Here is where she is sitting probably 5 inches from the bulb , sideways of course and all heat goes up and out away from the plants. 

large.5ac9e5b0b0906_2018-04-0712-28-24zz.jpg

She is just at that stage where rapid growth is imminent . 

large.5ac9e5abd8f3f_2018-04-0712-29-10zz.jpg

So far cant knock her at all. 

Lovely grower

zz

• Like 4

Another 7 days and I think she is 4 weeks old from popping her head up. 

This was her last week. 

large.5ac9e5abd8f3f_2018-04-0712-29-10zz.jpg

This week yesterday , she is growing so well , so I potted her up into a 2l pot as well. 

large.20180414_121201.jpglarge.20180414_121210.jpg

So far she is perfect for my needs. A quick grower and a nice short plant with tight nodes. 

large.20180414_121213.jpg

From the side , that's how I like them, looks like she will be a shorter type plant hopefully. 

I'm sure in her new pot she will do well the coming week. 

large.20180414_121224.jpg

Growing nice and steady and just a pleasure to grow. 

large.20180414_121234.jpg

Over and out for another week. 

zz

• Like 2

Morning all. Well I am having to face facts that my clones that were supposed to take up the last 2 slots in the flowering room look like they are on deaths door. So I needed the next two biggest plants to go back in under the 400 and veg like fuck, for a month or so and then its flower time. 

The 2 winners that had been potted up were of course Gorilla Girl and her sister strain freeby Amnesia Haze .

Gorilla Girl On the right , Amnesia Haze on the left . 

large.20180418_113254.jpg

The Amnesia Haze accepted the bigger pot and timed feeds and stronger light with pleasure. Extremely weird looking leaves on this girl. 

large.20180421_131431.jpg

The gorilla Girl is on the right and having timed feed just once a day at the moment . Next door is a slightly overwatered , not quite ready for timed feeds, sensi star. 

large.20180418_160806.jpg

Gorilla Girl Has no such problem and is growing rapid daily . She will probably be potted up within a week at the rate she is going. Hopefully she gets big enough to produce a fair bit of bud. 

large.20180421_130958.jpg

That's where Gorilla Girl is residing on the left , basking in the sideways light of the 400w hps, in 25 to 27 degrees . Now I will pot them up as quick as they can grow and so within 2 to 3 weeks they should all be in the big 11 l pots. 

large.20180418_160744.jpg

More to come in a week and I'm sure she will have doubled in size. 

over and out 

zz

• Like 4

Looking good mate, I like looking at your room it always gives me a smile great use of space! Whats the max headroom again? I know its not much! :yinyang: 

PS - have you got thrips dude? Theres a few suspect looking plant! :ninja: 

• Like 3

Very interested to hear how the GG grows, I’d heard rumours that the original GG4 was prone to hermie but I’m sure sweet seeds have dealt with that issue.

I'm keen to know how it compares to the jack 47 that I’m doing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Syrup said:

Looking good mate, I like looking at your room it always gives me a smile great use of space! Whats the max headroom again? I know its not much! :yinyang: 

PS - have you got thrips dude? Theres a few suspect looking plant! :ninja: 

Hs ha mate , hope you are well . Yeh its about 1,1m tall, I can just kneel up if I'm careful and slow. 

But most of the work is done from laying down lol.

Ive not seen no thrips mate touch wood. a few plants look rough because I'm pushing them hard with the pot ups and coco is just a little too damp. Please god no to thrips lol, ill keep looking . 

The leaves have been splashed to fuck as well. 

Steptoes grow ennit lol

zz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmungo said:

Very interested to hear how the GG grows, I’d heard rumours that the original GG4 was prone to hermie but I’m sure sweet seeds have dealt with that issue.

I'm keen to know how it compares to the jack 47 that I’m doing. 

Welcome mate, 

ill keep an eye out but I aint seen a hermy is well over 10 years dude. You see its pretty full on but vertical , I should easy see any hermy traits quick enough. 

zz

• Like 2

I'm very pleased with Gorilla Girl and her growth . She is looking very much like an indica dom at  the moment, very stocky. Chucking out the leaves and loving the 400.

large.20180428_110707.jpglarge.20180428_110648.jpglarge.20180428_110657.jpg

I have done no training with her but I decided to pot her up as she will reward me with a growth spurt . 

large.20180428_114754.jpg

Now potted up into 6.5l , she is on the left , gonna be a nice size to flower in a few weeks. 

large.20180428_114804.jpg

In position you see she is coming on in size. I think in the next  7 days she will more than double her size. 

large.20180428_123032.jpg

Very happy, excellent growth , 0 problems. 

Bloody lovely

zz

• Like 3

Looking good, fella!

you can give them a higher EC, or Cal Mag. They are hungry girls!

Thanks for posting,

Stay sweet!

jaypp

• Like 1

Cheers Jaypp my friend. Sometimes the flash makes the plants look a bit yellow but trust me, Gorilla Girl is growing like a dream. 

Her Veg growth is so rapid that she has been potted up into her 11 l final and as you can see she is beginning to get that mature look . 

large.20180505_140359.jpg

She grows just as if she was being pinched out and throws out veg from all over. 

I may yet top her . 

large.20180505_140311.jpg

Bigger pot and now 2 feeds a day . A few weeks veg at least before I flower . 

This week I'm gonna get some wires in behind her and pull her back against the wall and start to train her into that corner. 

Ideally I want her to be trained round to the left as well so all the lights 360 degree spread is used. 

large.20180505_140220.jpg

She loves chucking out massive ole fans does this girl. 

Over and out for a week 

zz

• Like 2