My First Diary: 3 PAK, 1 Purps#1 and 2 Bubbas Gift

Rick Grimes

Hi, I've been growing for a few years but never done a diary so this'll be my first.

Ive done quite a few different Dinafem strains over the years my favourite being Critical 2.0. After reading great feedback about the PAK and HSO Bubbas Gift I thought I'd give them a run along with a freebie of Purps #1.

From what I'm reading these 3 strains should present a similar growth pattern with slow veg growth and no too much stretch in flower, so the plan is 7-8 weeks veg, seedling currently in 0.25litre pots, with 3 more pot ups to finish in either 11 or 15 litre pots. Some topping and training will occur on the way. I certainly don't claim to be the greatest grower so any advice and feedback is very welcome.

setup is a 1m veg/auto tent with 5inch extract and 400w dual spec HPS, flower tent 1.2m tent with 6inch extract and 600w HPS. 

All 6 seeds germed and are 5 days above ground. Not much to see right now but If someone could link me to an idiots guide to posting photos I'd be grateful and I'll get a couple up.

• Like 4

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick Grimes

• Dinafem-Mark

• Jibba jabba

• Smokebelch

I've tried uploading pics to an album but it says I need to resize them. How do you do that on an IPhone?

• Like 3

@Rick Grimes you will need to download an app from the app store to resize your shots :) very easy to do my friend  :)

If you have no success just ask and I'll see if I can do it for you :)

Right now onto the grow :)

Firstly thank you for documenting your Dinafem adventure on the UK420 platform  :)

Secondly nice choice of Dinafem and HSO strains to play with and from what I've read you have a decent set-up for the girls :)

All 3 strains you have chosen will grow perfectly together. Very similar growth structures and flowering times so this should work out very well indeed  :yep:

And finally I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate  :)

Again thank you for getting this grow diary going and if you need any help just ask :)

We have a great community here you'll do great  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I apologise for not keeping this thread up to date. I've finally managed to upload a group photo to my gallery. How do I now put that photograph in this thread?

• Like 2

Group photo above of the plants. 

Now ive finally worked out how to upload photos I'll be posting some more soon.

The plants have had a few obstacles in their short life with an hps bulb failing early in their life while I was away and there were seriously cold temps outside. Luckily the veg/auto tent is next to the flower tent which lent them enough heat to stop them freezing all together, but they were quite pale by the time I got back.

shortly after that I noticed both tents had a spider mite infestation which was treated with harkers and a few other bits which I'm hoping has done the job.

I'm really happy with how they've recovered now though. They were flipped last Friday after ~2 months in veg. They have been topped once and had a fair amount of LST. They are in 15 litre pots after pot ups from 0.25litre, 1.4litre, 3litre and 7.5litre pots.

I'll be getting them out of the tent towards the end of the week to clean the bottoms up and adjust the wires, so I'll take some individual photos then to show how I've done the LST.

• Like 2

Great to see you have figured out how to upload this is going to allow us to see what's going on and help more ;)

Considering the early bulb issue and then spider mite problem you look to have tackled these issues and now plants look to be growing well :)

A nice selection of nutrients available and nice size 15l pots which will most definitely help to produce big plants with healthy root zone established  ;)

Glad you got the picture issue sorted mate :yep:

I'll drop back in on the next update to check progress out  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

I've had 3 of the plants out this evening to feed and tidied up the bottoms a bit. I wouldn't say it was aggressive enough to be classed as lollipoping but it could be argued.

Plants are are 9 days into 12/12 and looking beautifully green with very few pale leaves. The photos are of two of the PAKs. I'm hoping you can tell from the top picture the shape I was going for with the training.

I'll try to remember to take a few more pics when I tidy up the other three tomorrow.

the tent is slightly crowded with the six plants in 15 litre pots. I certainly could have gone for 5 plants.

I forgot to say in earlier post that they are in canna terra pro soil and they've just been fed 2ml/l of canna terra vega and a small amount of cal/mag, each plant taking just over 3 litres. In the past I've tended to frequently have mg issues in my grows mid flower so I've learnt to add a small amount of Cal/mag early in flower and late veg to save 'chasing' the problem later on.

Thanks for looking

• Like 2

Top 2 pics are the Purps#1, bottom 2 pics are one of the Bubbas gift.

The Purps has shown slightly more stretch than the other plants at this stage.

• Like 2

On 28/05/2018 at 8:21 AM, Rick Grimes said:

The Purps has shown slightly more stretch than the other plants at this stage.

Now this is the info we need when watching newly released strains, thanks mate :)

You are about half way into the stretch phase which should start decreasing over the next 7-10 days then we will see what this strain can really do  ;)

You've got a nice structure. Lots if bud sites showing and some very healthy looking plants  ;)

This is a flower show I'm glad to have a seat front and central for ;)

Let the flowering fun begin :)

Thanks for the update mate I'll drop back in on the next  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of pics above of a Dinafem critical jack auto that I cut down mid week that has been in the veg tent. Top pic was taken at the chop, other is after a few days drying.

The pics don't do the super frost justice! 

In the same tent is a dinafem critical cheese that's smelling super fruity but has another couple of weeks left

• Like 2