just bought a shit tent...need a good model

skorpio777

Bought this one a couple of weeks ago....

https://sweetseeds.es/shop/en/greenhouses/1680-armario-dark-box-120x120x200.html#

Pretty happy with it, good zips which is, for me, one of the most important things a tent should have.

The one design fault is the lack of an extraction sock top/rear on one side. There are 2 in the middle but the light hangers get in the way if you want to hang the filter/fan via either of them. There’s an extraction sock in the roof but that obliges me to have a 90 degree bend in the ducting pipe whereas I want a straight line.

Fussy bugger, yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Secret Jardin, some of those tents from the first batch are still up. Small poles at 16mm and if they are used for that long, the brackets for putting the poles in can break. (after 10 years) This may come from the tight fit of the tent itself. I think later models are using 19mm poles. You can replace the brackets.

I always thought the DR could do with elasticated corners on the tent to make it easier putting it up. The bag it comes with, has anyone ever got there tent back in that ?

You might see a bit of rust on the old DR tent poles and a broken zip, but its still ok after well over 10 years of being taken down lots of times.

The tent with the 25mm poles and metal brackets sounds good. But the original DR tents had everything you would need. It was the blueprint for most tents.

Before tents there was wood, hammers, nails and screws.

21 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Before tents there was wood, hammers, nails and screws.

Don't forget gaffa tape and staple guns! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have a mammoth tent and i agree its poor quality indeed...the only reason i grabbed the tent is there was no other i could find on the net the size i wanted - 2m x 1m x 2m.

To be fair even though i know they are poor quality im going to purchase there 2m x 1.2m x 2m version as again cant find that size anywhere.

Green qube look like a solid tent.

Farmer

The same Hydrolab tent has lasted me 4 years now, a slight stress tear around one pole and a few 1-2mm diameter holes that are easily covered up by metal foil tape.  I thought the company had folded, glad to hear they're back, they were responsive when I had a zip problem with mine.

• 9 months later...
On 06/02/2018 at 8:43 PM, Robot808 said:

@badbillybob i have 5 tents altogether & 4 of them are BUDBOX, never had a problem with any of them ever. All different sizes, as my growing progressed i kept buying bigger lol

Just for the record, im not using 5 tents, i use 1 for flower & 1 for veg, all the others are now packed away for a rainy day. 

good point. for a start up buy a bigger tent than you need as you WILL grow into it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Homebox ambient PAR+ lining.solid heavy wearing fabric from outside.quality zips,22mm poles and absolutally light proof.apperance strange at the begginig cos is cream ish colour with black edges.looks like sketch from cartoon.anyway i think those are solid make.ibhave been growing since 4:20 this afternoon but so far so good(my humble opinion only).

I use secret jarden and although cant compare it with other brands i really like the quality.

I like the generous amount of cable clips and the fact they throw in two web supports when in fact the plant supports have nothing to do with the tent itself and probably cost a few quid for them to make.

And I like the fact its possible to pack it away into its bag after unlike most.

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2019 at 9:02 PM, decentcriminal said:

I use secret jarden and although cant compare it with other brands i really like the quality.

I like the generous amount of cable clips and the fact they throw in two web supports when in fact the plant supports have nothing to do with the tent itself and probably cost a few quid for them to make.

And I like the fact its possible to pack it away into its bag after unlike most.

I got my secret jardin DR240 a long time ago when they first came into the UK stores. It was a store demo and the price was right. Still over 200 quid though.

The mylar is peeling off on one of the doors (the one I always seem to open) and the 16mm poles give me the jitters a bit and now way would I hang off that frame like you can with the Green Qube 25mm poles and steel connectors to fit poles in.

My original plastic brackets/connectors did break, I am now thinking of purchasing some cheap shitty tent on fleabay as it has 25 mm poles and the steel fittings. If I can use that instead of my own 16mm it may be worth it. I could use the old poles and the new canvas to make a bespoke sized mum and clone station.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2018 at 0:21 AM, grooving said:

The same Hydrolab tent has lasted me 4 years now, a slight stress tear around one pole and a few 1-2mm diameter holes that are easily covered up by metal foil tape.  I thought the company had folded, glad to hear they're back, they were responsive when I had a zip problem with mine.

My hydro lab tents are all showing there age now, both have tears in and a few holes, they have been up and down dozens of times and are about 5/6 years old so I guess they have served me well.