just bought a shit tent...need a good model

skorpio777

i bought the mammoth 1.2 x1.2 x 2M tent ,  put it up tonight and zippers bust, dont want to force them anymore,   see a little light in there too up the line / stitching of the zipper .....hopefully the store will refund me as i only bought it last week....tent is poor quality at £120.00

what is a good brand of grow tent ? 

then again i may just cordon off my wall with MDF , paint white anti mould and f**k the tent .

advice guys thanks !!

• Like 1

I still have the first tent i started growing in 11yrs ago, budbox, say no more

@badbillybob theres a recent thread started by strummer saying the SJ's are shite. Ive just bought a SJ too but its still in its wrapper so i cant report back on that yet. The only reason i bought anything other than a BUDBOX was because i needed a certain size tent to fit my space & BUDBOX dont do that size

Edited by Robot808

I think the DS models are pretty crap, but my DR was excellent.

Was taken down and put up about a dozen times, and altho it had plastic corners, they never failed me, no light leaks at all, and overall it performed really well, unlike some other garbage ive had. Had good port holes and plenty of them and thick skin. Only down side was the poles would furr up due to water leaks and high RH, as they are I think, alloy.

Must admit the bud box pro looks quite handy. thick poles and the water bar 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

@badbillybob i have 5 tents altogether & 4 of them are BUDBOX, never had a problem with any of them ever. All different sizes, as my growing progressed i kept buying bigger lol

Just for the record, im not using 5 tents, i use 1 for flower & 1 for veg, all the others are now packed away for a rainy day. 

• Like 4

The tent I have is a dr, I think they've tried to cut corners in recent times. I have a dr60 from them which I have had years and is the sole reason I choose to go with them again. The different between them in certain places is noticeable. Seems most recommend hydrolab and green qube so I would go with them next.

• Like 1

I had a DR120 that lasted a decade, but I have to say the new Green Qube was easier to assemble, has quieter zips and the strength of the poles is amazing.(I copied the marketing images and did swing from them )

Reports on the newer Secret Jardin tents seem to be less than favourable.

I had to replace my DR60 after it ripped upon reassembly and went for a Mammouth Lite 60 which I was impressed with for only £40. The actual tent material looked more like a sports bag when I opened the box, but when assembled is surprising solid.

• Like 1

I've had a budbox 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m for the last 18 months and it's the only tent I've ever used. The only issue I've ever had is the finger grip on the main zip I used snapped off a month or so ago and I got around that by looping a length of cord through it. Apart from that, I can't complain at all.

You mentioned the supports of your tent furring up due to rh issues and you will have issues with any tent with metal supports if your external temps and internal rh aren't kept in check. With this colder weather, the metal poles will aid condensation so I get around this by making sure my extractor is running 24/7 as my external rh is always between 40 and 50%, which is perfect at the moment for me as I'm mid flower.

bud box without a doubt one of the best on the market i love mine i also have a secret jardin dp90 and that is alot thinner material and cheaper all round 

@GreengoStarr exactly same has happened to my door zipper on the budbox door i use a keyring through mine and it still looks as good as day i put it up .

the only thing i dont like about the budbox are the holes for the squirrel fans in the side curtains and the floor mat walling not having corresponding holes 

Edited by doobie01
adding

Just bought a hydrolab, solid tent, plenty socks and sturdy white poles. Some nice size options available for awkward spaces.

Greenqube are also quality and I was impressed with my little prop tent from mammoth but the zip is quite noisey on that one.

My secret jardin was a fairly recent one and i wasn't impressed.