just bought a shit tent...need a good model

skorpio777

The best one I bought was a "no brand " tent .It has really heavy duty fabric and good thick plastic zips but there's too many holes on top and too few on the bottom .Also I prefer no panel with mesh and Velcro seams .I have a dr90 and it's OK .The poles and plastic joiners are similar to the no brand tent .The zips not bad but smaller . Other manufacturers have really good poles . 

I got a couple of hydrolab tents there awesome quality, just been shopping round for a 40 quid tent to use as a drying room some are shocking, the zip tore off 1 in my hand in the shop lol 

Edited by nl5
  • Like 3

Another big fan of green Qube's, I use a couple of roof Qube's now and they're pucka. 

Solid as all round. Loads of nice little touches like the door clips and smaller drawstring holes for cables etc. 

They're reasonably priced too.

@skorpio777 if you can build a grow room, you should mate. 

You can custom build it, usually lots better, but for about the same price as a tent. 

But If you're in rented accommodation, tents can be a god send.

I've had to dismantle and hide all my plants a couple of times in the last 6 months, and only the tents have made that possible. 

• Like 1

I always wanted a bud box tent.

I have had a few cheapo tents and they were just ok.

I have a secret Jardain and that beats all my cheapo tents hands down.

But those bud box tents look like quality.

• Like 1

Alot of the cheap thin ones are pretty much useless and are the same build quality of a wilkos mini green house or a child's canvas wardrobe covered in black and white.

I bought a cheap nasty one from a website a while ago when I was just starting up and ripped it in the corner putting it up the floor mat didn't fit correctly and the zip tore from the door material due to the stretch needed to shut within a month it also glowed when the light was on in a dark room.

I threw the poles and floor away and just use it as a dust sheet for trimming on now

I used a few different sized budbox tents around 2007 and quality was decent, I think the rubber zip thing came off one of them thats about it.

Then i went stealth cupboard :ninja: for a bit.

I can remember unboxing my first tent and they sent wrong size lol I was expecting a budbox small (still got to this day :)) it was a massive 2.4m job 4 lamp tent lol ended up flogging it to chap at local-ish grow shop at the time.

:smokin:

I got a pretty good idea on how to improve tents but wouldn't ever get it patented and the companies with manufacturers already set up and more funding would soon just copy the idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stummer said:

I got a pretty good idea on how to improve tents but wouldn't ever get it patented and the companies with manufacturers already set up and more funding would soon just copy the idea. 

......so you may as well tell us the idea then?

My tent is a cheap Aussie brand, saggy as Nora Batty's nylons, and the pencil thin poles started bending with the weight of all my shit, so now I reinforce my tent roof with some mesh, it really helps as it gives you unlimited hanging options.... not just for lights and filters, but also Yoyo's etc

gallery_89266_13376_248179.jpg

I think it's galvanised or something, as I've had no rust issues.

gallery_89266_13376_32715.jpg

just bend it over each side and done. You can just unzip the top zip and slide it in.... adds an extra 2 minutes to your tent putting up time.

gallery_89266_13376_89086.jpg

Edited by teehee
  • Like 14

Well hydrolab and green qube have the passive intake flaps sewn into position and with velcro straps. Why not have the same feature done on the front of the tent? Acting as double protection for any light leaks. That way should you experience any leaks around the sip area your covered. Pretty basic but it'll do the job.

• Like 1

I have used or seen friends use pretty much most of the grow tents available on the market. For me, the best are HydroLab (they have new sizes now), followed by Green Qube. I prefer HydroLab as they have loads of ventialltion ports on each side. Green Qube only have one intake at the bottom in their tents, even larger 3m x 1.5m tents. :wallbash: Secret Jardin were good ten years ago, but the quality has gone down since then. A friend got a new Secret Jardin tent a year or so back and it wasn't terrible. 

• Like 1