Please help me with lighting set up

magik1953

Hey Everyone 

Hope your all well 

I am happy to report that from all my reading I am going to adjust the set up slightly from what I originally thought I would be using. 

I am going to using a Secret Jardin DR60 60cm x 60cm x 170cm which I have found on Greens for £65 which is a bargain! 

The extra height has also influenced my decision in what lighting to use; I am going with the QB 135w by HLG. I have read a huge amount about these and seem to by all reports seem to great quality for the price. 

I am also going to buy the SMS hybrid controller because it is trusted and is something that I know will work in my space. I need it to be as quiet as possible :). I will combine this with 125mm KSA acoustic box fan and 125mm Rhino Pro CF. 

I am going to grow two autos in 6L air pots - one daytime smoke and one night time smoke. I know that this is slightly more risky as plants grow at different speeds but I am hopeful I will select correctly. ( Recommendations would be appreciated..... ) 

I will be growing in compost and using Biobizz... seems to be the most recommended. Ill pick up some thermometers, humidity readers, and other gadgets sooner to the time. 

My biggest concern is height and fitting everything in but I think that If I can train the plants with LST I should be able to keep them around 50cm max :) 

Can't wait to get started! 

A few more weeks to go :) 

Magik 

:smokin:

• Like 3

I have no experience of autos, but my present grow is sort of like 6 of yours in area and lamp wattage - so I would be thinking of one plant in a 14 litre bucket.

I'm thinking of trying a microgrow later in the year because I can't justify the electricity for a full one...

Go on, try a feminised photo hybrid - you'll have so much more control - no reason why you couldn't get 3 ounces in compost.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cultivateur said:

I have no experience of autos, but my present grow is sort of like 6 of yours in area and lamp wattage - so I would be thinking of one plant in a 14 litre bucket.

I'm thinking of trying a microgrow later in the year because I can't justify the electricity for a full one...

Go on, try a feminised photo hybrid - you'll have so much more control - no reason why you couldn't get 3 ounces in compost.

Hey Cultivator

Main reason for wanting to run autos is because I am too impatient. I really want something to smoke asap because I'm spending so much on weed! And it's not clean enough for my high standards lol

I was thinking once I have done the auto I was going to run a photo. Probably Fem because I can't be arsed with the possibility of a male. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, magik1953 said:

Hey Muppet

what would you recommend mate? I have literally no clue when it comes to pot size 

For auto's you want 10l pots at least, I favour 15l pots for auto's. Start them in small seed pots, then into the large pots after 10-14 days. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, magik1953 said:

Hey Cultivator

Main reason for wanting to run autos is because I am too impatient. I really want something to smoke asap because I'm spending so much on weed! And it's not clean enough for my high standards lol

I was thinking once I have done the auto I was going to run a photo. Probably Fem because I can't be arsed with the possibility of a male. 

Fair enough  - I haven't been paying much attention to autos  ... quite a shift for me to go for feminised...

Actually you now have 4 square feet, so two plants would work - it'll be interesting to see if that's enough light - you're in 250 watt territory now :)

Just seen this is in the micro section, I doubt you'd fit 2x 15l pots in a 40x40, unless you are hell bent on having 2 strains I'd go with one plant, prob' yield more with one plant than two (as daft as that sounds...) 

two flattish plants ...  or two triangular pots ?

yes 0.6 x 0.6, by say 30cm = 10 litres ? can that be right ?

Perhaps DIY container(s)

11 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Just seen this is in the micro section, I doubt you'd fit 2x 15l pots in a 40x40, unless you are hell bent on having 2 strains I'd go with one plant, prob' yield more with one plant than two (as daft as that sounds...) 

My plan originally was to grow in a 40x40 but I have managed to find a way to increase this to 60x60.

I think that two 10L airpots will work well..... the reason I was looking at 6 is because I am concerned about height and thought that smaller pot would help with this 

LST training is probably the best approach I guess. 

Magik:smokin:

Maybe I would get away with four pots of autos then? Will have a look at the size spec's and see. If I could get an ounce or more from each I would be chuffed :) 

I have seen various negative reports of Secret Jardin tents being really poor quality on here which is putting me off from purchasing one. 

They offer the tallest tent on the market for my size of  60x60, I believe.

I have found a Homelab Growbox 60'' which is 60x60x160 .... anybody seen any reports on these tents? I am struggling to see many reviews on them but this is my other option. Frustratingly Hydrolab and Green Qube - the two most recommended brands here do not stock the size that I am after. 

I have seen that it has been confirmed that QB 135w will be in stock from a European retailer on the 9th Feb so I am going to put my order in then :george: Really need to start my shopping now so that I keep to my schedule. 

@Muppet  I think I am going to go with square pots anyway, the more I read about air pots the more messy i think that they potentially could be. 

Have good day all 

Magik 

:smokin: