ltk and blue dream

Cantharellus

Well I just built a new room and its pretty tight.  Blue dreams all began acting weird week 4 and 5. Only 3 seeds so hard to base much on it. LTK 1 is in week 8 and still going strong no bananas. Female seeds blueberry cheesecake is in week 7 still going strong no bananas. LTK 3 and 4 are in week six going strong no bananas. To be honest I expected bananas in late flower on 50% of the plants with them being femmed seeds. I did not expect them from the blue dreams in weeks 4 and 5. LTK 2 started throwing  them in week 6. I rotate my plants daily so they get even light. If I had a light leak I would expect them all to react. Anyway nobodys perfect maybe I fucked them up but they have showed no stress and were all good looking plants before flowering, even the ones that were runts and odd growing. The strains I have been growing the last 15-20 years are AG13/hp,nl5 x haze, blueberry, earlypearl x haze. I have made quite a few crosses with these with no problems. I was pretty careful building the room, but again maybe I missed something. Believe me I have been looking lol ! Oh and temps are 18 off 21 on. A little low but never been a problem before.

Edited by Cantharellus
temps
  • Like 1

Well I just built a new room and its pretty tight.  Blue dreams all began acting weird week 4 and 5. Only 3 seeds so hard to base much on it. LTK 1 is in week 8 and still going strong no bananas. Female seeds blueberry cheesecake is in week 7 still going strong no bananas. LTK 3 and 4 are in week six going strong no bananas. To be honest I expected bananas in late flower on 50% of the plants with them being femmed seeds. I did not expect them from the blue dreams in weeks 4 and 5. LTK 2 started throwing  them in week 6. I rotate my plants daily so they get even light. If I had a light leak I would expect them all to react. Anyway nobodys perfect maybe I fucked them up but they have showed no stress and were all good looking plants before flowering, even the ones that were runts and odd growing. The strains I have been growing the last 15-20 years are AG13/hp,nl5 x haze, blueberry, earlypearl x haze. I have made quite a few crosses with these with no problems. I was pretty careful building the room, but again maybe I missed something. Believe me I have been looking lol !

• Like 1

temps 18 lights off 21 lights on. I added a heater just for this grow as my lights off temps normally run down to 15 or so.

• Like 1

Please accept my apologies for the hermi issue my friend. Needless to say we will replace these seeds no questions asked  :bong:

This said you should still not be expecting hermi issue from our feminized seeds. If you take a look around hermi issue and feminized seeds is not as common as you would think. Normally it only occurs when stress is involved and this is more typical near the end of a grow so no damage can be done + 99% if the time the male flowers are sterile  :)

Will check back in on the next update mate until then thanks for the update continued updates much appreciated brother!

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• 3 weeks later...

Well I made it through to harvest all 4 of the LTK. By the end all were showing bananas for me. I gave copies to a friend in January and he is seeing the same results. I am running #1,3,and 4 again after checking my room for the 100th time for leaks. None of the plants were totally finished IMO the first time through and were taken anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks early. All bananas were the late flowering type and no seeds were found. Of course the best one of the bunch was #2 which showed her bananas at 6 1/2 weeks or so. It had great flavor and terps with a good punch. Lemon and gas it how I would describe it. #4 is the second best of the 4 and has the lemon /gas flavor with a hint of pepper. Not as loud as 2 but still pretty good. #1 and 3 are similarly lacking in terps and flavor and I would describe them as average. There are some very good plants in this line I am sure. Will post up some pics of the 1,3,and 4 clones as they finish here and also will report if they toss any bananas the second time around. 

• Like 1

@Cantharellus That's not the best news with the hermi issue and please keep me posted if this happens again with batch no2 :yep:

Some strains even with no stress or environmental changes will start to put out nanners (male flowers) very late in the flower phase which is the female plants last ditch attempt at reproduction. Typically the pollen is unviable but best to be on the safe side :bong:

I'll pass this info to our breeding team to see if this is a know issue with this strain :bong:

Would love to see a few shots when you get the time my friend  :)

Thank you for this grow diary and please keep me posted on future progress  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

This is the second run of these. #4 is by far the most desirable if I can get it to finish sans bananas . Not much of a yielder unless it can make it to the end. I just started some long flowering fem sativas I am hoping for a trouble free run here to give me some confidence in these fem beans lol.

• Like 1

Just going off the pictures i woukd say you look to be jjst ober half way thtkugh tbe flower stage and the buds are swelling up a treat.

They still have plenty of time to stack that weight on  :)

I know this is your 2nd run of this strain can I ask how many weeks did you flower batch 1 for?

Looking good in here my friend and as always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Yes they are all at halfway or just past. The first time around #1 went 8.5 weeks and I saw one banana and it was close to done. #3 went 8 weeks before a few bananas but needed another week or two to finish properly. #4 made it to 7.5 weeks and needed 2 more weeks or more. #2 which was culled made it to only 6.5 weeks needed at least 3 more . If I can get #4 to 9 or 10 weeks I will be happy with the result I am sure. The last week or two always make a huge difference.

• Like 1

shame about the hermies dude. i was gonna pick the ltk too, but then thought no due to the hermie traits in thai, just like durben, its hermie prone indoors.

i read online that the blue dream can be hit or miss, and that a few are real tall sativas, others more hybrid looking. but that's just what i read online when reading what to pick. i went with em dog and amherst sour diesels, all so have mango sapphire ,and bubbas gift for the pot noodle grow off. you having a go with the bubbas gift in noodle comp mate ? the pics i seen in the hso picture thread looks like some real dense fruity bubba. 

this bud shot of your lemon thai kush looks fruity as it gets. sticky nug for sure. happy smoking. :smokin:

large.IMG_0866.JPG

• Like 2