2017 Outdoor Grow Diary Winners

Dinafem-Mark

Hello all the time has come to announce this year's top 3 best outdoor grow thread competition winners  :yep:

Let me start of by saying this has not been an easy task :) . This was not the best season weather wise but we have seen some great outdoor grows this season and now it is time to announce the top 3 :)

As we could not select 3 we have done

1st-7mm RooR bong, Dinafem merchandise and 20 seeds of your choice :yep:

2nd-5mm RooR bong, Dinafem merchandise and 15 seeds of your choice :yep:

3rd-3.2mm RooR bong, Dinafem merchandise and 10 seeds of your choice :yep:

With 2 honourable mentions. The  honourable mentions will get.

Dinafem merchandise and 2 x 5 seeds of there choice :yep:

Now let's get to the part you've all been waiting for :bong:

1st place goes to @jadenugs

Jadenugs - Some serious plot preparation was needed to start this season and early March saw the grower go to work and clear out 2 main plots that will be home to our purple orange cbd and critical Jack in clone form with Dinachem from seed. The middle of May we saw the plants being transplanted to there outdoor homes which had been pre prepped with various amendments such as FBB and verve root
grow. A copper pipe slug protector was added and cages were assembled and put in place for the season. The end of May approached and both plots were looking great and the newly planted Dinafem ladies had settled in and gearing up for a nice outdoor season. The middle of June was here and we saw the addition of 2 AutoDinafem strains joining in the outdoor fun. Being auto bubba kush and blue critical auto. Just like the photoperiod strains the autos went directly into the prepared ground with added cage protection. By the start of July the photoperiod strains had really started to kick into a more vigorous growth pattern and the autos were doing very well. We also saw the grower add extra nutrients at this stage  (early July). Early July also saw the start of some bending and training to get the plants structure even to allow even light distribution and some leaf thinning out was done. The middle of July both plots got more nutrient added in the form of FBB  and Dr earth kelpmeal. With the autos now really going for it and both photoperiod strains at both plots are taking shape. With visable budsites showing these plants certainly did like this ground as they grew huge and fast. A few pesky bugs arrived at the plot at this time and were treated with Provado which did the trick very well indeed. The beginning of August we saw some bud rot issues which did like to attack the auto bubba kush with the smaller blue critical being unarmed. Early August we also saw more nutrients added in the form of 20g of Dr Earth kelp meal and 20g of Sulphate of Potash for each plant (added as a top dressing). We also saw that plot 1 was kinder on autos compared to plot 2. Also more bending and training was performed on the photoperiod strains. Mid August and the purple orange cbd are going crazy with auto bubba kush doing well and fighting the mold. All plants are now showing signs of bloom. The end of August we saw the autos come down with blue critical auto being the best resistant against mold. With more cropping and training needed for the photoperiod ladies at both plots and development is well on the way. The start of September and mold is in the air with only 1 auto left out,  the photoperiod strains are really now going for it. Mid September the final auto bubba kush came down and all 3 Dinafem strains are well into flower now. The end of September and the Dinafem ladies are doing well. Some un-needed growth was removed and more training needed. Now we are entering the final stretch and early October saw the last added feed to the Dinafem girls with other strains (none Dinafem) very close to harvest. Mid October and the purple orange cbd buds are swelling up fantastic and the other plot critical Jack and Dinachem are looking great and budding up well. Now to the end of October where we saw the Dinafem girls come down. As expected some were hit with mold but in general not to bad of a harvest and one great outdoor season and grow diary. A real shame you lost so much to rot but  this is our pick as winner for the best outdoor grow thread competition 2017 :yep:

2nd place winner @Moobman

Moobman-Had a nice early start with critical Jack auto in mid March. Late April 2 more AutoDinafem strains are in the dirt, blue kush auto and haze auto 2.0(failed) with haze 2.0 joining the fun in early May and late May auto white cheese joined the outdoor fun :yep: . Early June we saw our first Dinafem harvest of the season with the early planted/germinated Critical jack auto which did great with an ok yield of 20g. Considering the early plant out this shows it can be done :bong: . Late June both autos were doing well (haze 2.0 and auto white cheese ) with another Auto critical Jack joining the fun. The start of July saw the California hash plants germination and the autoflowering strains were doing very well. The middle of July we saw the haze 2.0 come down and the end of July we saw the auto white cheese finish up. Leaving the 2nd auto critical Jack and the 2 California hash plants. The remaining critical Jack auto was harvested early September(giving double the yield compared to the early plant out 38g). leaving the California hash plants to finish up after a nice long veg period but issues with light from a neighbour and not the best outdoor season weather wise the battle was on. October we watched the California hash plants develope into really beautiful plant after flowering was forced. They stacked on some serious weight and was great to watch unfold. The ladies (no1) finished early November with the other lady (no2) pushing right into the middle of the month. They pushed out some nice size buds. Considering the light pollution and not to good of a season weather wise this has been a fantastic grow to watch. It showed that auto flowering strains can be put out much earlier and decent yields can be achieved with multiple crops through out the season if multiple plant outs are done. A great showing of Dinafem/AutoDinafem strains and places 2nd in this season's outdoor competition :bong: .

And finally our 3rd place winner. Is last year's winner @beezee

Beezee- Coming off last year's win beezee hit the ground running this season with the "critical swarm" and various autos that were grown out in the Welsh valleys. The plot prep was started in mid March with last year's remains to clear up and a planned plot extension was done. The plot preparation continued into mid April and we also got to see some organic nutrients being made through the use of "comfrey" (I also believe we saw some chillies to keep the Ganja company).

The end of April arrived. The holes at the plot got dug, coco and other amendments were added to the native soil along with a "comfrey" topping. The start of May the seeds were germinated and the show began. With 4 Dinafem strain for 1 plot Critical Jack, critical cheese, critical+ and PAK. With our critical+2.0 being saved for plot 2. The 2nd of may the seeds had sprouted and potted up into seedling trays and by mid May all bar 2 seedling were up and ready to go.

Around this time (mid May) autos were germinated for the greenhouse project which were our auto blue kush and auto critical Jack. The middle of May we saw some strains damping off and dying which is never good to see but the critical cheese and critical+ remained unaffected with our pak being the main lost strain. With the auto critical Jack being lost the greenhouse was home now to just our auto blue kush which was benefiting from a bigger pot and fresh pot up :yep:

The start of June and the babies at the plots were progressing well. Nicely protected by cages and growing at a steady pace. With 2 white widow auto joining the fun. Mid June we saw the loss of our purple afghan kush but she was fastly replaced by critical+ cuttings. Now at mid June we are seeing nice growth from the critical strains with the greenhouse auto blue kush growing at a nice pace. By the end of June the plot plants are out growing there cages and the greenhouse auto needed some training and bending.

Mid July came and the auto blue kush was really going for it in the greenhouse. With her companion strain critical+ auto CBD being hit with some bud rot issue with the later planted auto white widow still growing well and now showing signs of bloom. Also around this time silicone was being used to help reduce any more potential mold issues.

The end of July and the beginning of August we saw some bud rot issue all over the place which forced the auto blue kush to be harvested early at day 70 but the best decision in my opinion as rot was running riot :( . Now the plants at the plot were really kicking into gear and the grower was on top of things and bending the Dinafem girls to his will :yep: . August was a bad month for mold with the auto white widow being hit but the added critical+ auto continued growing at a nice steady pace.

The plot at the end of August was looking ok but was also hit with mold. Out of the critical variants our critical+2.0 looked to be flowering much faster with the other critical strains starting there flower show.

By mid September all critical strains at the plots are well into flower with the growers own strain "Essex kush" really going for it and packing on some serious weight and lovely pink colours to the pistils. The end of September approached and beezee was already taking up supplies for next season. This is dedicated outdoor grower! :yep:

The end of September and the critical plot was hit quite hard with rot issues with critical+2.0 being the least affected. Critical cheese was hit very hard with critical+ fighting the mold and critical Jack now showing signs of bloom. Early October and the critical cheese was not looking as bad as expected when the plot visit came. The critical+ was not performing well but critical Jack was really starting to show promise so some leaf thinning out was done to help aid airflow :bong:

Due to the rot issues with critical cheese mid October came and there head's came of so the viable buds could be salvaged and dried :yep: surprisingly not much loss to the dreaded rot :bong:

The end of October the remaining critical cheese were harvested with critical Jack and critical+ given there last feed and critical Jack needing a little support due to the high winds down in the valleys :)

The time for harvest came early November with the tops being taken first with the lowers being left behind to finish up. Both our critical Jack and critical+2.0 were relatively unaffected by mold/rot and the descriptions from beezee sound Devine. Our critical+ was not the biggest plant and for these conditions there are better outdoor strains for this specific grow environment.  Considering the weather this season, this was a great grow to follow and as expected the "critical garden" was not a disappointment :bong:

So there you have it all our 3rd place winner  :yep:

The 2 honourable mentions would be

1 @MacGanja

2 @mokka

Both these growers had amazing season with great results and some beautiful Dinafem girls grown :yep: Thank you guys :)

We would also like to say a huge thank you to every member that has taken part this season :yep: . We know it has not been the best especially weather wise so all being well next season will be better and we will be back doing this again. 

Also remember we are running the best indoor grow diary competition in the 2017-18 section. All diaries in this section will automatically be entered :) with similar prizes on offer :yep:

Thank you again to every member and the UK420 community for your support. We could not do this with out your help :)

There you have it all the conclusion to this year's outdoor season :yep:

Well done to the winners and again thank you to everyone that took part  :) Hope to see you all back next year! :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 9

So there you have it all another successful outdoor season and one I've thoroughly enjoyed watching unfold :)

Winners look out for pm,s so we can get prizes out and fingers crossed before Xmas  :)

Thank you again to every member that took part and all being well we will be back next year  :bong: until then I'll catch you all in the Dinafem section or HSO  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 8

Congratulations to all the winners especially @jadenugs for taking 1st place :yahoo:, well deserved mate, and to Dinafem for the competition in the first place and Mark for running it all summer :yep:

• Like 7

How'd I miss this????  

Thanks very much Mark and the dinafem team! Considering how bad my season was, 3rd is very surprising and unexpected. 

Next year will be better, watch out @jadenugs :P

• Like 7

congrats to all you guys great work under the big metal halide in the sky. any one who has a successful outdoor grow is a winner lots of uncontrollable factors. great job may next year be better than the last, looks like beezee is on a mission.

sam

• Like 4

Congratulations guys! Some great work guys! We'll done @jadenugs for first... Well deserved mate!

Congrats @Moobman and @beezee.....good work lads! Some cracking diaries..Sorry moobman I didn't follow your diary but have enjoyed  catching up... Beezee your starting going to build up a Dinafem collection now? Nice one! :yep:Congrats to mokka aswell with his diary and amazing green house...I can honestly I have never experienced green house envy before!  All in all a very trying year.. but it's a testament to peoples growing skills... dedication and genetics that have given people a decent harvest!

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark  and to the Dinafem crew for the opportunity to try your genetics.. :yep:

• Like 4

@Hazeworks I'm just waiting on the delivery from RooR mate :yep:

They should land this coming week and I hope to get prizes out and delivered by Xmas  :bong:

This year they are slightly different being 18.8mm joint. As soon as they drop I'll get some shots up :bong:

This was a really hard decision and I hate not choosing all as winners but then it would not be a competition lol

Was a great season and hopefully we will do this again next year :)

Will chat with the winners via pm  ;)

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 5

I´d just like to say congratulations to @jadenugs nice diary, well done. 

Congratulations too, to the other winners, it´s been real nice following your grows.

Thanks Mark for running the comp, I´ll get a pm off to you, and thanks to everyone who read and added comments to my diary. All the best for next season! 

• Like 5

Well, what can I say? :D

Thanks a million @Dinafem-Mark and the Dinafem crew for picking my diary for first place, I'm over the moon :guitar:

Well done to the other winners @Moobman and @beezee can see you upping your show big time now to get your crown back :king: and especially to the honourable mentions @MacGanja and @mokka Just shows how good all your diaries were for Mark to add these prizes, must have been a tough job deciding.

I take a bow to you all :notworthy: Some excellent diaries which I enjoyed following and also learning from. We all know how hard it's been this season with rot etc and how much graft, risks and upsets that we have to deal with so well done all who entered the competition, it's been a blast :)

Great write ups on the diaries for the summaries Mark, must have taken a lot of time reading through, taking notes and summarising all this information, would have taken me all year lol

Oi Santa Clause you cunt

Where's mi fucking bong?

I've unwrapped all this other junk

But I'm dying for a chong.

I wrote you a fucking letter

And I even sang you a song

You worn out geriatric fart,

Where's mi fucking bong? lol

All the best lads and good luck for next season :yep:

• Like 5

@Moobman nice one mate, you won't be didappointed ;)

I'm thinking of the bubba kush cbd and OG kush cbd, maybe Santa sativa and Critical cheese or even Blue cheese. I was quite impressed with Buddha's blue cheese so it would be good to see how Dinafem's compares and I reckon I know the answer to that :)

• Like 4