Inside the Hive

flighty

@jadenugs I did think about that, but Essex Kush is already going in a different direction and dense nugs are the aim ;)

I'm already thinking critical Cheese and I've got some nice hashplant seeds called 'aunt of farook', I'll have to have a look thru my indoor seed stash for another couple. 

• Like 2

ACM x EK by any chance for the dense nugs?

I'm sure you'll come up with something good for this project with the evil funk :) What's the nugs like on the early ammo cbd? And what happens if you chuck normal pollen at plants from femmed beans, will they revert back to regs?

• Like 2

EK x greengold mate ;)

Early ammo had nice buds, but I'm not looking to make loads of high cbd beans, I already have them lol

Genuine male pollen will always produce reg beans on any girl. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beezee said:

I've got a fool proof method of reversing plants if your interested? 

Sweet :thumsup: always up for learning more bout this amazing hobby we all have. :v:

• Like 3

Here we are at the end of week 2! The girls are really starting to get a move on now :)

Due to the cold weather I've had to make a modification in the tent. I was using the big passive intake, but I was getting floor temps of 16°C :thumbdown: So I've blocked that up and setup some ducting from above the tent to the oil rad. Almost instantly temps went up to 18°c, for floor level this is more than acceptable :)

So a bit of detail, SD #1 is like a rocket, she's on a mission to the sky! She did get a bit of a knock just before I took the pic when I was messing about with the ducting, but nothing serious. 

large.15116946718411.jpg

Next up is SD #2 she's going well, but defo a bit slower. I'm sure she'll still yield nicely :)

large.15116946795852.jpg

WWa xxl #1 these seem to be doing exactly as expected. They were a day later breaking soil so they ain't as big as SD1, but they're by no means slow. The fingers on the leaves are really long and contrasting to the SD. 

large.15116946892903.jpg

WWa xxl #2 is as above, and looking nice. 

large.15116947010494.jpg

I nearly did a @jadenugs special and forgot the canopy shot lol

large.15116946626280.jpg

The spots on the leaves of some of the plants are from where I chucked some diatomaceous earth at the fan due to a few gnats (already grrrr), I've also put up a sticky trap and they seem to have disappeared. 

Also, just a note about watering... I still haven't given any of them any water yet and the pots still have some weight, clingfilm is working ;)

There is a 6l watering can on standby now, but I can see them going to the end of the week before they need a drink! 

Evil funk are still looking nice, although I keep forgetting what they are so I'll tell you all as a note... 

Funki Cheese (UKC/DG x UKC/DG) x evil skunk (UKC x EWS) 

I've had to raise these up a bit as they were getting a bit leggy in little pots on the floor. 

large.15116947092915.jpg

I'll post up the details of the new cob lamps soon, now I know what they are, and they should be arriving within a couple of weeks. 

That's all for now :D

• Like 9

just a thought, do's harkas kill fungus gnats/flys ? i think it may kill them. its a chemical n half but kills mites first spray. it interferes with there breathing of sumin,so may kill them:unsure:

i have used it for spider mites and aint seen one since. allso change the top few inches of soil on each pot, as that's where they lay eggs/breed. chuck it away and replace with good grow shop soil,like bio bizz all mix. no bugs. 

• Like 4

Cheers for looking in @smokie1 b c f c but I think I'm good now. 

The big pots have neem leaf powder in the top, so I know they'll be good for a while. The flies were coming from one of the little pots, which has now been treated and no more gnats are appearing when I check it :)

• Like 4

Great start mate and glad you've got on top of the fungus gnats they are such a PITA!  :yep: You can tell you've won the battle as they are a decent size already :) 

What is it with everyone forgetting canopy shots around these parts? :unsure:

• Like 2

:wassnnme: Aye it's easy done, forgetting those canopy shots lol

Coming on a treat Beez, rocketing on mate.

The gnats will have less chance once you're rooted out, cling film removed and on a wet/dry cycle ;)

• Like 3

Ha ha thought you'd like that @jadenugs

Yeah they're getting on with it now, I'm noticing growth everyday! 

Poxy gnats have got no chance this grow... I'm well prepared :skull:

• Like 3