Inside the Hive

flighty

Welcome to what will no doubt turn into an update overload again :D

So I'm going to be doing an auto grow over winter and dinafem kindly donated White Widow xxl and Sour Diesel, thank you very much! 

large.15102269688791.jpg

So my kit is as follows 

Ds90 tent - 90 x 90 x 170

Pots - 15l buckets with holes drilled in the bottom 

Compost - Levington advance M2 with ~20% coco coir mixed in 

Heat - 1 x 800W oil rad with another on standby 

Circulation - 2 x 6in clip on fans 

Light - currently under a 600W dual spec dialled down to 250W while I wait for a friend to build a 300W(draw at the wall) luminous led cob setup that he kindly wants me to test for his fledgling company. 

So the tent has been sterilised with 70/30 ipa after drying all my outdoor bud, pots are ready 24h before planting seeds and light and heat turned on to warm the pots and the seeds are planted direct into compost at around 3pm yesterday. 

The pots are also covered with clingfilm and a hole cut in the middle for planting /seedling growth. The reason for this is to stop the compost drying out under the light and to prevent over watering young autos. 

large.15102269687430.jpg

You can see a digital hygrometer in there, temps seem to be stable at around 22C, but I'll monitor this closely, especially while they are young. 

Lastly, I nearly forgot that I mixed in a bit of neem leaf powder to the top of the compost and I have pebbles to go on when the clingfilm is removed. This will hopefully help prevent gnats, if it doesn't I'll be buying some gnatrol to kill the fuckers :D

I think that's all, but feel free to ask any q's

• Like 15

@beezee I was just going to ask if you kept a mum of the C+2 ?

Yes mate I have five in my tent at the minute in veg, so I need to take some cuts to make a new mother. It's always difficult to clone, I loose a lot and the ones that root take ages to come back round to looking normal lol . 

Dont know if it's anything to do with being from a feminised seed ?

scoops

• Like 2

Yes mate, I still have the same mum from last year's outdoor grow :)

I think it's just the strain that's a pig to clone, but most of mine seem to take if I'm persistent enough, one took 8 weeks to root! 

• Like 2

Both sour diesel have shown above soil today. #1 at the front of the tent looks excellent.

large.15104139881160.jpg

#2 might need some help to shift the husk, but I'll wait a day before I intervene. 

large.15104139882711.jpg

No sign of the white widow xxl's yet... 

• Like 8

And off we go :D

#2 looks like it will shed the husk on it's own dude.

Did you presoak the compost with any rootstim/seaweed or owt before putting the cling film on?

• Like 3

@jadenugs no mate, the compost was already damp and the coco obviously had to be wetted, so I added about half a litre of plain water per pot. That should be enough for at least a week with the clingfilm ;)

• Like 3

Here we go properly then, the 2 WWa xxl have popped up over night - result 100% germ!

large.15105055238121.jpglarge.15105055236670.jpg

Just for reference both #1 are at the front of the tent and #2 believe it or not, are at the back lol

SD #2 shed her husk on her own too, but she seems a bit slower than her sister. Early days yet, so let's see what happens... 

large.15105055370453.jpglarge.15105055369422.jpg

• Like 7

Nice one beezee they're off to  a good start,  I'll tag along if you don't mind, Sd auto sounds right up my street :skin_up: have you run her before? 

Edited by Openairbud
  • Like 3

No mate, I've not tried the SD before. I do really like diesel tho, there used to be a lot of diesel black around when I first started smoking :)

• Like 3