Newvape flowerpot

golf.007

@zeroG

Totally get that fear. Find myself doubling up on certain things that I think I can't do without. Plusplus Glass bowl for the flowerpot. I've got 3!

That's what I love about the flowerpot. Gotta work hard to break it (driving over by car proof?).

On 24/04/2022 at 1:54 PM, Chairman O The Bored said:

Has anyone got any info on the Flowerpot Pro?

Just reading the blurb on the site while waiting for shipment. :wassnnme:

Cant find any online reviews or writeups.... is that a lot "safer"? does the whip work as a replacement for the glass? 

Hi there....

Did you receive it? 

If so what's it like?

Would be interesting to hear your opinion on it.

Edited by M Pamplemousse

Sorry. No idea why x3

Edited by M Pamplemousse

Hi,

It arrived (eventually...) and being a noob to all things FP, I was hoping for a basic get up and working flyer at least (even my little tinymight managed to include one), but nothing with the unit, not even a URL.

Im not a complete muppet, or so i thought.... and there is a short video of it being used on the product page, so i fired her up... but didnt get anything... tried temps from 400 - 700, without realising the balls are needed for it to get the draw restriction working and directed as it should... then, finally... vapour!!

I'm only on day 2, so finding my way with temp, load size and the general way of using it. My frame of reference is a volcano and i was happy with that for many years, for what that's worth. I have mostly used the whip, as one of the things i wanted was to lose the air pump and crinkly crinkly noise of the bags annoying the chairwoman all day and night, so need to do a few more laps with the glass bubbler.

Also, I haven't tried anything other than ground bud as the SiC dishes are out of stock.... 

I like it.... I kept leaving the "teacup" in the thing between pulls and getting seriously browned AVB!. Starting as low as 450 (can it be changed to C?) nice flavour and going up to 600 gets more vape, less taste as expected. It only needs a small amount to give a good hit and it seems to brown the AVB very evenly.

Happy to be a bit of a guinea pig if there are any suggestions.

The CNC hunk of aluminium looks and feels great, of course, but the little plastic wheel on the side that tightens and holds the "Tsunami adaptor" in place is cheap and feels ill thought out, i know aluminium isnt magnetic, but that thing just annoys me! The feet on the bottom are at the 4 corners of the main housing, but nothing under the the whole heat shield piece, so it can rock a little when sliding in and out the teacup. The orientation of the power socket, PID control and teacup, for me, dont sit naturally and could do with a rejig, so you can see the temp and load at the same time and not have the power cord coming out of the front. There are  few other design things I was surprised at for a $1k product.... but i didn't buy it to look at!

Cleaning is the thing i'm still getting an answer to. Taking off the guard th access the head is one thing, but the vapour path goes through the main body... I asked CH about this... yet to get a reply.

As I said, I like it.... I hope that continues as I understand how to use it better and get over my "design issues" as its performance that matters at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Hey All,

My budget 'FlowerPot' Setup, very stable, very happy with it :)  

B-Zero Assembly with mixed 3/4mm Rubies

20mm Coil

ShovelHead

Shovel Post 14mm

Globe Matrix Bubbler with Stand

14/10 to 14mm adaptor (got for Dynavap but I'm using it to extend the mouthpiece)

Got the end of a wooden rolling pin as a nail stand it works surprisingly well :) 

Also got a vinyl whip but managed to kink it already :( 

large.newvape.jpg

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

Hey @Openairbud@Openairbud@Openairbud@Opena

Bloody tablet :) can't edit it, hope you're well

The 'Big Rig Stand' comes separately but is designed for it

wouldn't have trusted myself with just the glass, 

It really is very stable, no worries of water spilling or hot nails falling off. 

:oldtoker:

• Like 4

Been rocking the B1 head for a few weeks now and really enjoying it, the poor showerhead that has been my daily driver for nearly 5 years is now in retirement.  Didn't think I would notice as much of a difference that I actually did, kinda trained myself over the years to start with a slow draw and increase speed throughout but you can just pull hard from the out and get instant vapour. Only bad point is it sticks to the stand post sometimes I guess that's why the design has changed abit. 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Its been ages since i posted any kind of pic, and I'm sporting a new bit of kit too :)

I'm really liking my B-zero with balls, excellent all round. I haven't been able to maintain the really low temps they are supposed to support, but I'm happy at 630 or so. It does however seem to deal with clean concentrates rather well at the lower temperature too. Very good, im glad i took the advice of the knowledgeable 'protagonists' earlier in the thread.

You'll make note that my injector head stand lasted just a week :badass:. I've used a no-nails product to reconstruct it, and it works. its not stuck on the diffuser head, or left any flavour influence, so it may look a bit crap, but its all good :) .... This was the original appeal of the Flowerpot, all metal. Your not going to smash titanium on your stoner room concrete floor...Glass however :(

Ive also got the shovelhead, and that's nice if you wanna add dynavap style pre-heat ^^. I often put the heater on the shovelhead, heat it for a couple mins, spoon in a scoup of weedage, and hit the hot bowl, that can properly take your breath away :D Proper terpyness!

I also run a tiny glass bowl that sits in the right area, again, a single scoupo, and one really long, hot hit, literally hits the spot lol

Gotta say, that I've not really experienced the flavour overload i was expecting from the balls effect, but never the less, i like it :) and its various options even more :)

You can see how dirty it all is, its getting used again. I'd shelved it for a bit as getting a bit one dimensional, but this balls and glass effort has livened it up a bit - all over again. :D

Awesome!

large.B-zero.jpg

• Like 4

On 23/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, Cainedbutable said:

@Exhale noob question,  what do them balls do?

cannabishardware:

the balls create an obstructed air path forcing the air around the balls resulting in better efficiency. This creates instant vapor!

You are able to customize your experience by using different material balls that are widely available. (Ruby, Sapphire, Quartz, SiC)

Using different size, shape, and material balls will change the flavor and performance of the head.

• Like 3

What's the next step after ruby? If that is entry level? - What is the entry level material if it isnt? and/or advanced material of the same? I can pretty much guarantee that my red balls aren't a genuine precious gem, last time I saw that many real rubies, i was at Windsor castle.

Essentially, what does what? Is it a temperature thing? but I thought I was vaping at a fairy accurate temperature already? Airflow I get for diff shapes, but that's shape only, and maybe mas, but probably not if there's no movement...Not colour...colur surely cant effect can it?

lol

• Like 1

If you have a UV torch to shine at the Rubies, they should fluoresce :idea:

You probably know they're Corundum and that the Sapphires are made from the same stuff so that's just a sidestep 

I'd say Borosilicate, Quartz and Quartzite are entry level by price and hardness 

There's soda glass boiling beads too but I think I'd rather pay the little bit extra for the tougher glass options

It's all about the hardness and heat retention so if you've got the money there's Silicon Carbide and Cubic Zirconia at the top end 

I don't get that tho to be honest and think Titanium balls should give a punchier hit as Ti heats up and cools quickly so it should give it's heat to the air quicker

But I can taste Ti so that's out, for me lol 

Aand I don't think the coil and PID are quick enough for Ti judging by the time it takes for the showerhead temp to recover from just being placed on the bowl, if you watch the PID.

Different shapes and sizes, and combinations of those, will knit together differently and effect the density, heat transfer and airflow differently 

So who knows, the possibilities are endless 

I prefer the 3mm rubies to the 4mm if that helps lol 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

If you have a UV torch to shine at the Rubies, they should fluoresce :idea:

You probably know they're Corundum and that the Sapphires are made from the same stuff so that's just a sidestep 

I'd say Borosilicate, Quartz and Quartzite are entry level by price and hardness 

There's soda glass boiling beads too but I think I'd rather pay the little bit extra for the tougher glass options

It's all about the hardness and heat retention so if you've got the money there's Silicon Carbide and Cubic Zirconia at the top end 

I don't get that tho to be honest and think Titanium balls should give a punchier hit as Ti heats up and cools quickly so it should give it's heat to the air quicker

But I can taste Ti so that's out, for me lol 

Aand I don't think the coil and PID are quick enough for Ti judging by the time it takes for the showerhead temp to recover from just being placed on the bowl, if you watch the PID.

Different shapes and sizes, and combinations of those, will knit together differently and effect the density, heat transfer and airflow differently 

So who knows, the possibilities are endless 

I prefer the 3mm rubies to the 4mm if that helps lol 

Didn't really have a clue about any of that! Cheers again :)

I figured they would just be red boro glass, or maybe a cheaper carbon quartz - like those lil 10 cent gems you get in rock shops.

Sapphires huh...now where my wifes engagement ring...? lol 

the silc bowls/dishes seem to be popular for dabbers, but again for them its about flavour, not necessarily about heat retention? 

I get a 'taste' every now and again from the f/pot, funnily enough more with the water, than dry - no dirty bong water btw - just a 'taste' fleeting, and it doesn't linger, and only every now and again...

I obviously knew what I was talking about when I let the pre-selector choose my 3mm ruby balls then ;)

lol

PS, I dont really have much need for a UV torch past looking at rubies...what do you use them for?

Edited by zeroG

It's supposed to zap bacteria n stuff but I'm not that convinced  

so it's main use has been finding Rubies on the floor to be honest lol 

and marveling at the magnificence of the glowy green spiral on most of my enail cables, while wondering why they do that??  :headpain:

You could take a few balls to the local take away and hold them up near their UV bug zapper Or nip into a night club to check your balls 

I dunno if it's still a thing as I don't use cash much these days but a lot of traders used to use a UV light at the till for checking notes  

• Like 1