Sweet Trainwreck Auto

Grow Chum

Ok chums, doing things a bit different this time, after soaking a seed over night, she was just starting to crack, I have placed in soil, just to avoid damaging shoot or having any problems with shock or air spaces in the soil when planting. Ec of water is .4 and PH 6:5. I do believe this seed soil stronger than last brand but I think everything will be ok, as a mentioned I believe I had an air pocket in the soil after planting seed with long curly shoot. Also having to adjust my ideas a bit as last several grows fast version seeds and they can take a bit more nutrient/soil strength.

Grow Chum.

• Like 1

Hi chums, day 7 now for the Trainwreck that was happy with the soil, She is doing well, nice size and colour for day 7, 10cm wide/3cm height, no feeding of course just water. A Sweet Cheese Auto is now in the grow, she popped above soil today, to play it safe I am keeping her in lower light at bottom of tent until leaves show, I think this will be a safer bet. My last grows for some time were started under HOT5 lights but they need replacing, when she straightens up and starts to show leaf I will place her at same height from bulb as the Trainwreck. So Christmas looks good. On another note I think this grow will be mostly organic, with the Batmix later on and some organic fertilizer if/when needed.

Trainwreck Auto @ 7 days.

large.59e9d4c6b3962_SweetTrainwreck@7day

Sweet Cheese Auto @ day 1

large.59e9d4d30fad6_SweetCheeseAuto@1day

The tent with Sweet Cheese Auto in lower light for now until she straightens up and shows leaves.

large_Tent.JPG.3418730e8a48bbc81365fbaef

keeping it simple and Sweet since 2012

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 4

Hi chums, things are going well, Trainwreck now in the Bat mix and looking happy, Sweet Cheese Auto is doing ok but had the leaves turning red where leaf meets stem, this is a phosphorus problem, should be no shortage of phosphorus in seed soil so it means PH had dropped below 6. Had this trouble with seed soil before, I have given a top dressing of lime and watered through with high PH water with Rhizotonic added, which I found hiding in back of my cupboard, normal colour is starting to return. The Trainwreck had some Rhizotonic also after transplanting. Both plants raised above ground level as my chain to short to reach the lower 10 L round pot, keeping reflector about 33cm/13 inches above plants. i think next grow I will try seeds in House and Garden Light mix then transplant into Bat mix as in this grow, am sure the PH will be better and less trouble growing in the early stages.

Sweet Trainwreck Auto @ 14 days, 20cm wide, 8cm height.

large.59f3221973b0d_Trainwreck@14days.JP

Sweet  Cheese (auto) @ 7 days, 9cm wide, 3cm height.

large.59f32226ede5b_SweetCheeseAuto@7day

Tent

large.59f322318478f_Tent@14days.JPG.7044

Keeping it Sweet

Grow Chum

• Like 4

Looking good geezer !  As always, nice update.

I still have not started a diary, am just being plain slack now.  All goes well my end, a week from flowering in the main tent and then the cheeky Sweet Trainwreck Auto looking similar to yours.

Fingers crossed for you ! :)

• Like 3

Hi Chum, thanks for sharing a new diary, they look very nice my friend.

Keep us updated ;)

Sweet smokes!!
jaypp

• Like 1

Thanks 101, things going good, wish you success.

Thanks jaypp, its a pleasure to share my Sweets.

Hi chums, 21 days into the grow now, so Trainwreck 21 days old, Sweet Cheese Auto 14 days old and now in her 10 liter pot of House and Garden Bat mix. The Trainwreck has settled well into the Bat mix, a little clawing but no nutrient burn, all leaves green and healthy, she had an initial 2 liter watering and then was not watered for a week, she seemed fine, no leaves removed and no training considered at this moment, just letting her do her thing. Sweet Cheese Auto is also healthy, I do believe the John Inness seed compost was not the best start for them, so next grow will be using something different, House and Garden Light Mix will more than likely be my choice for first two weeks of plants in next/future grows. Cold weather coming, I have placed some insulation under the separate floor liner in the tent, I am using a 125 watt tube heater in tent for 5 hours of the 6 hour dark period. 

Some simple photos today, left it too late to take natural light shots, so pictures in tent with some colour adjustment.

Sweet Cheese Auto @ 14 Days, Height 6cm, Width 20cm.

large.59fc8befdabb7_SweetCheeseauto14day

Sweet Trainwreck Auto @ 21 Days, Height 20cm, Width 35cm.

large.59fc8bfe08437_SweetTrainwreck21day

Tent @ 21 Days, raising Sweet Cheese Auto to same height as the Trainwreck. Reflector is 30cm above plants.

large.59fc8c0969eaa_Tent21days.JPG.9291d

Thanks for looking at my humble grow,

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 3

Hi chums, @ 23 days the Trainwreck side stems were starting to make their way for the light and had come out and above the big first fan leaves on main stem, these fan leaves, as nice as they were, were getting covered and it was time to remove them and do some LST. The fan leaves on main stem removed and top 5cm of main stem bent over, this has given me 13 growing tips in direct light and at a similar height/level, with two just underneath the canopy. Hopefully she will turn into a budding monster over the next few weeks.

Trainwreck at 23 days, fan leaves removed off main stem and top 5cm of main stem bent over.

large.59ff17c15f710_TrainwreckLST@23days

large.59ff17b2da642_TrainwreckLST@23days

Keep life Sweet.

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 2

On top form, looking sizeable for such a young age ! 

I have just re-potted my trainwreck and she is noticeably smaller than yours, I should probably have put her in the final pot last week like you did.

Fingers crossed for another update next week :)

• Like 2

Hi 101, thanks for popping in, with regards potting up, size of pots, for me I have tried many things and come up with what works best for me, for ease of potting on, feeding of plant and still getting plants the same size as if started in a final 10 liter pot for example. For me a 1.5 liter pot is best for first two weeks, with a seed compost or light mix, I will be going for a light mix next time as PH of John Inness seed cant be depended on. It is as best 6.0 at worst 5.8 and lower. Needs to be higher, which is easy enough with lime and a few tests but I am starting to switch away from that, the House and Garden Light mix I looked at looks perfect for starting seeds, it will have correct ph and it should match when transplanting into House and Garden bat mix. At two weeks I transplant into final pot, normally an 11.5 liter square pot, but I now have new lower in height 10 liter pots, expecting same yield from plants, they are same height as 6.5 liter square pots, so not only giving me a few inches more to spare in height in the tent, they are better at transplanting time, as the 10 liter pot is only twice the height of the 1.5 liter pot making the roots reach bottom quicker and watering safer and easier, the 11.5 liter pot was 3 times the height of the 1.5 liter pot so watering was harder to get right whilst roots grown.

Hi chums,

Everything going good in this grow, the Trainwreck is looking superb at 28 days and just 5 days after her pruning and training started. The flowering tips seem to be growing fast enough for me to watch them grow, lol. The Bat Mix is feeding her very well, I have no idea how long it would feed for but most shops say 3-4 weeks, she been in Bat Mix two weeks now. I was faced with a choice, do I just wait until she needs feeding and give a fast acting mineral feed, or do I add a slow release Organic top dressing of Fish Blood and Bone, to boost soil to a strong enough level to feed through next four weeks and until end of grow. Adding FBB was my choice and added it today, because the plant will want the extra nutrient in about a weeks time and it will take a little time for the FBB to start feeding soil. I am hoping this is going to work, allowing the soil to feed the plant and just water through grow. There is no doubt this is possible but I am guessing a bit on the timing and its a wait and see if it feeds plant for rest of grow. I cant see any burn problems arising, if does not feed until end I will use mineral feed to be safe but planning all organic feed method for now. I used 2, level 5ml spoons of FBB as a top dressing dug into top inch of soil. About 7 grams in weight, recommenced dose on box is 75 grams per square meter, about ten of my pots fill a square meter, so I came up with the 7 gram dose, the two spoons, another dose I have seen is 1 table spoon / 15ml or 3, 5ml spoons, so my dose should be safe, hopefully timing is right, I think it is as well as stating feeding every 4 weeks the FBB is recommended before periods of major growth/flowering, which is obviously what my plant is about to go through. 

The Sweet Cheese is doing good, she is 21 days old, I have removed fan leaves off main stem and started the training a little earlier than the Trainwreck. The Cheese at this time looks a slightly smaller plant than the Trainwreck did but am sure there wont be much between them at the end. I have pruned and trained this way anywhere from day 17-25, results are normally the same, I use to settle on 23 days, as I did with the Trainwreck but felt like doing the Cheese today to get the experience over. The leaves I remove normally become redundant later in grow.

Sweet Cheese Auto @ 21 days, training and pruning all in one.

large.5a05efd403b12_SweetCheeseAuto@21da

Trainwreck @ 28 days, looking like a flowering beauty.

large.5a05efe1a124d_SweetTrainwreck@28da

The tent, she will fill up.

large.5a05eff160628_Tent@28days.JPG.7aee

Keeping it Sweet,

Grow Chum

• Like 2

Hi chums, all is good, @ 35 days the Sweet Trainwreck auto is a picture of health, no leaves lost and flowering strongly. No feeding but gave her another organic top dressing of Fish, Blood and Bone. @ 28 days the Sweet Cheese auto is doing good, flowering nicely but a smaller plant than the Trainwreck at this stage in grow. She has had a top dressing of FBB today, she is doing good with no major problems but a couple of leaves showing some rust spots, a cal mag problem in my opinion, Trainwreck treated same way not had these spots so must not be far wrong. I believe the problem is soil not dry enough, so gave plants a spray of water with calcium and Magnesium added and now will watch results as soil dries out more. The House and Garden Special Bat Mix has definitely made growing the Trainwreck simple, so it will be in my future grows for now, but starting in the light mix first in stead of my usual John Inness Seed compost. 

Sweet Trainwreck auto @ 35 days, Height 44cm, Width 50cm.

large.5a0f00feca5d8_SweetTrainwreck@35da

Sweet Cheese auto @ 28 days, Height 30cm, Width 45cm.

large.5a0f00ee3a32b_SweetCheeseauto@28da

Tent @ 35 days.

large.5a0f010e56a11_Tent@35days.JPG.5a31

Simply does it,

Grow Chum.

• Like 5

Looks good, I have got these earmarked for growing at some point. You done these before? Just wondering how they stand up against their photoperiod aunties?

• Like 2