smokies humboldt seeds search for the holy highgrade

smokie1 b c f c

5 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

cheers mate. smoking very nice this gear is. :smokin:

il be cracking some of the tester seeds soon as there here. thanks to yourself and all @ humboldt seeds for sorting out these gems to grow out. :cheers:

Our pleaser mate and enjoy :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

update on the amherst sour diesel she is getting real big long fluffy foxtail buds on her now she is into week 10, a few days of week 11 soon if my adding up is correct. lol this em dog is heavy gear i tell ya. best kush ive had to date, its up there with the fire99 i tried that's got fire og kush in crossed with cindy99, the gift of fire has got fire og in it so that's gonna be a f in blinding smoke/ taste/ buzz for sure. 

the smoothness of this em dog is 10 out of 10, the taste and high are all so 10/ 10. i know one thing il have this em dog in my mum cabinet for ever if can help it. it yields great too, so its a good all rounder.:yep: just what i was after, was a great tasting strain that had a good strong indica buzz that's good for night time, and relaxing/anxiety, and that yielded well. 

well ive found her thanks to humboldt seeds and uk420/ @HSO-Mark :punk:

hard part is going to be picking one of the 2 girls of em dog to keep as my new indica mum:unsure:

il choose when they have cured out a good 4 weeks from now. the amherst has got more of a fuel type smell to her late into flower, with a fruity hint in there. 

il be chopping the amherst soon, as i need the tent for my next lot that are waiting under sunlight,and a t5.  prob's chop the amherst in a few days at 11 weeks 12/12 she has put up with some stress i know that much the temps have been 34c some days lately. :wallbash:

oh i have some buds i left on the bottoms of the em dogs still flowering, looking nice, getting some fat calxs on them now there at like 10 weeks flower. il report on them when there dry how they smoke compared to the week 9 buds of em dog in my tubs. little test to see whats best for taste/ buzz for me. :yinyang:

il try n get some pics took of the amherst soon, she had just water only today, as last feed was 3ml per liter of fish mix. few days on water only and il chop her. all the buds are long buds,even the lower down ones are real tall cola's, doing a real fox tail bud shape. probs down to the heat, there were fluffy anyhow but there getting that stacked calx look to them. i wish i could leave her another 10 days, but with her drying out time, its to long. so il chop in a few days. then get the next lot in after a quick tidy and a clean up. 

then il be ready to pop some platinum yeti f3 and gift of fire f2 for the tester diary. i like the look of the platinum yeti f3. check this bud pic out below, of the p/ yeti f3 i got of humboldts page. 

platinum yeti f3

large.5b217c943e997_platinumyeti.jpg

proper frost monsters they are, all the cookies ive grew have been through the roof in thc, and had loads of resin on. nice candy/ cookie doe flavor. the thin mint cut sounds nice. 

large.5b217c7fa1db8_platinumyetif2.jpg

and a bud tub pic of the em dog while im here, brighten up this page. :smokin:

large.IMG_1184.JPG

• Like 8

On 13/06/2018 at 11:09 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

the smoothness of this em dog is 10 out of 10, the taste and high are all so 10/ 10.

By the sound of things you are really enjoying our em dog and she looks fantastic :yep:

11 weeks will be perfect to take Amherst sour diesel to and when you smoke this strain go easy at first brother. It's a Sativa high like no other and can firmly glue you to the sofa ;)

Also, great to read that you are keeping a em dog mother around as your new heavy hitting indica  :)

Can't wait to see the Amherst just before the chop which should be any day now ;)

Keep us posted as the Amherst harvest gets closer and enjoy that em dog goodness :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

update

hope everyone is cool, il chilling out smoking this em dog, shit kicks like a f in horse. lol its realy strong gear, and i aint getting a tolerance for it at all.:toot: this be a keeper for tastes and the strong indica hit all day long man. 

i was just feeding the amherst some water only looking at the big old furry colas flopping about, i was going to chop her tonight, but she has loads of white hairs, id say she has about 20% brown hairs and flowering is swelling up nice, i can see some big old calxs forming so im going to leave her another 5 days or so. she is at around 11 weeks now i think, im not sure on that like as this em dog has me on kush mode. lol 

its amazing how cannabis tastes and smells can change at the end of flower, and more so in the jars after drying out. i have some em dog here im smoking that i took at about end of week 10 and it has a miny taste in there, with the og kush/ coffee type taste, now the buds i took of her at week 9, tastes pure og kush, with a deep chemdog funk type thing, no mint at all, but the same plant about 10 days later and its totally different to the week 9 buds, il remember that next run of the em dog clones i took, i have 2 clones from each of the 2 em dog plants. so 4 clones, il pick the best looking one for a new em dog mum, and flower the rest, il make the pick soon of the best tasting em dog, to keep. the one that is more chemdog like is the better yielding plant so im unsure at the mo. :yinyang:

il take some pics the weekend of the amherst before the chop folks, and some dry em dog bud shots of whats left, im smoking that the most at the min still. and now i have good news on my next crop of humboldt goodies as the new tester seeds are on there way to the uk. cheers @HSO-Mark and humboldt seed co, and uk420 without there would be no todo. lol :headbang:

peace smokie1:rockon:

• Like 4

Nice one smokie!! You make me wanna try this em dog now lol

"Has me on kush mode" is exactly what i thought after trying their black dog.. im growing and smoking it since about 6-8 months now and yet no tolerance. Sure you'll like it! 

Big up

Looking forward to see those test diaries!! :rockon:

G

• Like 4

cheers @G_lab that black dog looks sweet i have been looking at that in grows and the choc mint og. 

i took a few pictures of the lonely amherst sour diesel at 11 weeks 12/12. temps have been in the 30c range the last 4 weeks about. max of 32c lights on, and about 25c lights of with min humidity at 29% to 33% max/min.

the temps has caused my amherst to foxtail like crazy. the pics ain't to clever people but you can see them just about hey. lol i cant wait to buy a new camera next week. no more blurry phone pics. :wallbash: be just in time for my new grow diarys of the hso testers and some RGSC gear and some dinafem seeds. :smokin:

here are the pics of the amherst anyhow folks, been on water only the past 6 days or so. so shes ready for harvesting. i did some bits but taking the amherst down tomoz, il try and get some better pics before the culling of the herbs. :yinyang:

you can see in the pics below there are lots of white hairs still pumping out the goods, she smells very diesel likelarge.IMG_1216.JPGlarge.IMG_1215.JPGlarge.IMG_1203.JPGlarge.IMG_1205.JPG

• Like 7

Time to get the Amherst down brother. With this outdoor heat it's causing serious issue mainly with the dreaded budrot so best to get them down  ;)

A 7 days flush should be fine. Leaving a nice clean product once dry and cured of course  ;)

Let us know how you get on with the harvest mate and I'll drop back in for some dry bud shots when the time comes  ;)

Until then thank you for the great diary  ;)

It's been a blast  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

cheers @HSO-Mark its been a blast my friend. thanks to yourself and all @humboldt seed co for the great genetics. :yinyang:

well its done everyone, i have chopped down the amherst sour diesel, some fluffy buds that have some great sativa structure to them, with lots of stacking going on of the calxs. going to be a good yield i think, the buds are heavy, with lots of stacked calxs. loads of resin on them i have a nice ball of finger hash here to smoke. 

i chopped the last bits of the em dogs too, i left some lower buds on them, and they have got real fat now, with lots of purple buds all over the tops. itl be good as i have some em dogs in the jars from week 9 flower, and some tubs of the same em dogs at 10 weeks. now with whats drying out il have a ounce or 2 of em dog taken at 11 weeks with the amherst. so cant wait to try the em dog at 11 weeks. and the amherst. 

i have now turned off the 600w hps light, and left the extraction fan on 24/7. i leave it hanging in the dark till the stems snap , then into the jars. id guess in this heat were having lately it will be dry in about 7 to 9 days. il report back when its all dry and ive had my first tester joint of the amherst sour diesel. cant wait to try her, she has a rite old stink to her, i was like dam this stuff hums. lol the 11 weeks em dog buds i left on the bottoms stink the most, pure fuel but a very dank type fuel smell. carbon filters deffo needed working 100% with these 2 strains. 

il report back when its dry with some dry bud shots from both strains. 

peace

s1:bong:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 3

good day everyone, nice hot few days sun man, its a roasting it is. going to be good for outdoor grows. :yinyang:

i was just looking at the amherst sour diesel pics from at week 10 flower, and there wasnt as many white hairs on them then, probly say about 20% max, the other 80% were all brown/ orange hairs. here is a couple of pics from week 10 below. 

large.IMG_1128.JPG

large.IMG_1127.JPG

now here is a picture below of the same amherst plant, from just before the chop at about 11 and a half weeks of 12/12 flower. you can see how the buds have exploded with new white pistils,about 80% white now. lol its due to the heat, as all sativa's tent to foxtail late in flower when temps are high into the low 30's, its been about 32c lights on, with 28c lights of, humidity is about 30% in lights on and off. deffo a 10 week phenotype of amherst i have here, i would say 10 weeks and 3 days is spot on. il remember this when i run her next run. 

the lights now off, so the amherst and last bits of em dogs i left to go to 11 weeks flower too. 

cant wait to sample this amherst. its got a rite stink to it. :hippy:

large.IMG_1216.JPG

• Like 6

So glad to read that the Amherst sour diesel is now down and drying along with the final tops from the black d.o.g  :yep:

As you have black d.o.g harvested at

Week 9

Week 10

Week 11

This will really give a much better experience and representation of the strains whilst showing you the optimal harvest window for this strains and your needs :yep:

With this hot weather I'm seeing a lot of bud rot cropping up and mainly on the more heavy sativa dominant ladies which in itself is strange as I normally see this more in our heavy indica dominant compact strains.

Glad your cropped out mate and this was a great read from start to finish  :yep: and a solid outcome  :yep:

Onto your next adventure brother  :bong:

Will look out for your thoughts on the asd once fully dry and cured of course  ;) and that 11 weeks black d.o.g is going to blow your head off lol

Until then enjoy that dank and frosty HSO goodness  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

On 27/06/2018 at 1:37 AM, smokie1 b c f c said:

carbon filters deffo needed working 100% with these 2 strains. 

Good to know :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

hi @HSO-Mark yeah the em dog sure does kick mate, the 11 week stuff is less tasty that the 9 week em dog, not much just a little. cheers mate its been a great time growing them out, my next run on here will be the hso testers and a few others in with them i have waiting. :yinyang:

• Like 1

the amherst is dryed out already , its this heat.:wallbash: i had it in the tent with extraction on 24/7 on low power. took about 5 days i think, i hung the buds hole on the big long stems to make them dry slower too. the lower down buds i left on a few days to swell up i have cut hole on the main stem and hung the bottom half of the amherst and last bits of em dogs are on the main stem drying in the tent. so its all down now in the jars mostly, the amherst sour d has lost allot of its smell due to the heat in the last 2 weeks and drying in like 25c plus, but its coming back now its in the jars. :hippy:

so apart from a amherst smoke report and dryed bud shot pics, this diary is done everyone, and now in with the new seeds from hso.  :yinyang:

• Like 2

1 thing I was going to ask. Do you think the heat was what changes the Em dog  flavour as I would have thought 2 extra weeks would have boosted the strain but this sound opposite. The buds harvested at 9 weeks are better than 11, is that correct mate?

The heat will degrade trichomes so it's logical that the terpines would also be affected. Very interesting to know :yep:

Will look out for the Amherst smoke report when the time is right  ;)

Enjoy brother  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 2:27 PM, HSO-Mark said:

1 thing I was going to ask. Do you think the heat was what changes the Em dog  flavour as I would have thought 2 extra weeks would have boosted the strain but this sound opposite. The buds harvested at 9 weeks are better than 11, is that correct mate?

The heat will degrade trichomes so it's logical that the terpines would also be affected. Very interesting to know :yep:

Will look out for the Amherst smoke report when the time is right  ;)

Enjoy brother  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

hi mate, only just seen your coment as ive been off the boards as i had to shut down growing for a while. im back now tho, all is well. ive got some more em dog seeds ive just put into there first 4 inch pots today. as i lost the 2 mums from this grow. 

yes the flavour was more full on at week 9 than week 11. as you say the heat from the 600w bulb cooks the terps off, is was hot in the tent this grow was i remember. 

i will update in here with pics of the 2 new em dog girls when there getting going into veg mode. il be cloning both for sure. ive grew loads of kushs and stuff over the years but them em dogs were pure fire. cup winning bud i tell ye. anyone on here tryed the em dogs ? or smoked any 

im germing some more platinum yetis f3s and some gift of fire f2s too, so the em dogs will be in the tent with some p yeti and gift of fire. the last 2 p/ yeti were males, should be more fems in the left over yeti seeds mate:oldtoker: will update my other tester thread when there into dirt. :yinyang:

• Like 3