Growers-Ark.com

GrowersArk

@GrowersArk

Good morning guys i hope you can help me,On sunday i fed my plants your soil bloom plus traces for the 1st time as im about 2 weeks in flower..i started with using 2 ml soil bloom with 3 ml traces i understand about the 5ml per litr so all good,but when i sat and read the label on the soil bloom you recommend to flush once a week in ph adjusted water,this is something ive never done in mp compo so do i have to change the way i water em just to stop salt buildup ? i usually leave them to sit in runoff for 15/20 mins then put them back in the room, but now im thinking im going to have to water them till runoff,pick them straight up and into the room cos im so opposed to using ph in compo.

Btw your rootstim is the best ive used so i will defo be using it again.

peace

• Like 2

I just use Ph'd water every third~ish watering mate. Leave out the nutes, and just use the adjusted water. Every third session or so.....

@Arnold Layne

Ive never done it m8,i use PM Bloom last time around and plants were healthy all the way just thought id give these ago after all the great reviews and never noticed this before i ordered so its my fault,just not something im used too adding ph in soil,infact ive spent ages telling people to forget the stuff and now i need it.

peace

• Like 1

@Happy Hippy

What's your water like?

I had not bothered with Ph in decades. There's posts a plenty here on UK420 in which I say Ph is not something compost growers need to be concerned about. Then I moved here and all grows went tits-up! After much mucking abaht, and a lot of denial, I took the plunge and had my water tested. Oh!!! No wonder nowt was as it could be! So took the GA plunge, and I have not looked back since.

I still have questions I cannot answer, mind. Like, why are our house plants happy with tap-water? Would it be cheaper and better, in the long term, just to get an RO Filter fitted? Why aren't other local grows having the same difficulties I had (real head-fuck, that!)?

:g::upside:

One thing I can say with confidence, GA Nutrients have turned my plants into huge monsters that look like they want to eat me for breakfast! Last time I saw plants like this, was when I stuck my head in a tent run by a certain UK Cannabis breeder. Totally eye-watering!

And despite GA Nutrients being "chemical" nutrients (as in not organic), as I suspect they are, they have no negative impacts on taste, smell or hit. And that, for me, is the vital thing. I am a total aroma/taste nut. I believe that the aromatic aspect of Cannabis is taken too lightly. Far from being an interesting side issue, Aroma/taste go straight to the High/Therapeutic "hit". I've fucked up a Blues grow or two, and been left with good weed, but no "Blues Smell". Hit was OK, but not exceptional, and had a much reduced medicinal value. Yet, when grown right and fed right, so that all those terpenes can fully develop and attain their true potential, Blues has (for me) a therapeutical impact like almost no other. Quite extraordinary. And its medicinal value is in direct proportion to its aromatic profile.

@oldtimer1, If you read this mate, maybe this is why I didn't take a shine to the C3 I grew? Its an interesting thought. I think someone should be researching this, scientifically.

Good Cannabis is just so much MORE than THC + CBD, although reading around the weed growing related websites, you wouldn't think it so! Sadly, folks are in a mad dash and must have the latest THC bomb, or must Not! Or, they must have that CBD (it can raise the dead! I seen it, well, erm, that is to say my mate down the Pub told me his mate saw it. It was on the Telly, so must be right) strain that's just been released. And didn't that Jesus chappie "rise from the dead" after being wrapped in aromatic herbs or summat?

:smokin:

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 5

@Arnold Layne

Thanks dude for the long reply tbh im sure it was something i read many years ago that OT1 had written that said about the ph not needing adj in soil or any good mp compo but im now wondering if that was only referring to organic nutes.

I totally agree about the high is not everything the smell,the taste,the look all adds up to a great end smoke.

My water is hard and im right down on the seaside on the south coast,arse end of the country as Vince noir puts it lol...i think i will see how it goes and have a good read up of salt buildup issues in the meantime so i can be confident,i dont honestly understand how phing your water can stop salt buildup but as i like to keep the feed on the low side i hope it says in check.

I dont know if its the traces that contain the salts or the bloom,both i suspect.

peace

eta sorry it just came to me, im not doing hydro/coco for which i understand the need to ph but im only in Verve mp compo and until sunday they had only ever had the root tonic from GA,seaweed or fishmix..so if i have say 7 weeks left for flowering and they only get watered every other day if i dont leave them to sit in runoff this is almost drain to waste anyway so salt buildup should not be a issue really.

Can you tell i dont want to use ph in my soil lol

peace 

Edited by Happy Hippy
  • Like 2

On 26/09/2017 at 10:54 AM, Arnold Layne said:

If you read this mate, maybe this is why I didn't take a shine to the C3 I grew? Its an interesting thought. I think someone should be researching this, scientifically.

@Arnold Layne

I don't know  the answer to your question my friend, I make/cook things I personally like, I really prefer subtle scents and flavours , I hate blunt over riding smelly varieties like blues or cheese, just the smell of tham make me want to puke.

I did make smellyberry to help vrg get going, to me they were vile, but some people loved them, I still get PM's today asking for seeds.

I prefer much more subtle flavours, none of my cooking lack a wide terpene profile, it may well be that what pleases me does not please you, that is fine by me, if we were all the same life would be really boring. I seem to remember you not liking smile either an yet you are growing one again, I hope you like it, for me smile has that special something, no matter how down I am it never fails to cheer me up, I like its taste, its smell, for me its really pleasant all round, the best tasting and most psychoactive  I have ever tried was grown under CMH, I think many things allow plants to express their genetic potential, nutrition/environment and light all play a part. I always used big halides for breeding and selecting, I tested identical cuttings under just hps and you would not believe the buds came from identical plants.

I have not completed rebuilding the grow area, but when I do it will be CMH that I will be using for breeding selection, there is no doubt in my mind that when it comes to light that they walk the walk for best genetic selection at this point in time. I already know how to create an ideal environment, I may also develop my own form of compost again, not like a lot of the no dig methods I've read about.

If you don't mind I  will quote something I wrote a good while back, it says a little about my cooking philosophy.

On 19/07/2010 at 9:43 AM, oldtimer1 said:
Hmm a point about smile, oldtimes, oldtimes backcross and C3, while each has common strain characteristics, it also should be understood that within each strain there are many variations to be found, so personally I don’t think any of the above strains should be judged without growing out as many seeds as possible, none are highly inbred to produce a uniform product.
This was one point where myself and Vic_High used to disagree, he thought a good breeder should select and refine, that a uniform F1 hybrid being an ideal product, where as I think combining general characteristics within certain variables, is better, in other words I like the idea of each seed producing something a little different to its sibling, it gets me excited not knowing what treasure I might find when growing out a group of seeds.
So growing out as many seeds as possible gives a much better chance of finding a keeper that you really like and also finding something exceptional, each seed a packet of possibilities.
While I'm on, one of the reasons I don't make feminised seeds apart from there being no males for people to play with/breed or hack, is the fact that fem seeds have such a small gene pool, its about as inbred as you can get. I like the idea of as wide and diverse gene pool being conserved, all of them selected from exceptional plants, the best of the best. It gives the chances of further selections and improvements being made in the future, people useing them to combine with other exceptional plants.
I have nothing against feminised seeds, its a product that some want, if you want a uniform set of plants, then they are for you, they are a seed sellers delight, but its not what I'm about.
Edited July 19, 2010 by oldtimer1

• Like 17

@oldtimer1,

Re Smile and C3 ~ I think the reason I'm revisiting these is partly explained in your post above. That is, like you I don't like to "Drop" a strain without I first off grow plenty of the strain. I said somewhere recently, that folks are too quick to ditch strains. And as you say....

I like the idea of each seed producing something a little different to its sibling, it gets me excited not knowing what treasure I might find when growing out a group of seeds.

I know I've been too quick to drop strains myself. Prohibition means we all grow fewer plants than we otherwise would, I guess.

I am somewhat behind in things technical, so this question may sound dumb! Is "CMH" the same as the usual Metal Halides I use, or is it something newer/better? I use MH for the first and last two weeks of flowering, but if I read you aright you're using CMH right through from seed to smoke? lol Time for me to hit the search button, I reckon!

Thanks for answering though mate. I know your time is full, and appreciate your input. :yep:

• Like 1

@Arnold Layne I don't care what variety you find, what I do care about is my hope that you find at least one that helps you.

CMH topic, its a lot to read but worth it IMHO, once I had a little bit of sight back and was able to read a little every day, I pinned the topic.

• Like 6

@oldtimer1, Thanks for the link.

I have difficulty reading anything long these days. I think its largely due to my memory being poor, but I also get huge clouds of "floaters" across my vision if my eyes tire even a little. Aqueous Detachment, apparently. I had a minor Retina Detaching problem a few years ago, but at least this new "Detachment" is not so serious. Just limits my reading.

Like you, I'll have to read this one over a long period!

@Arnold Layne CMH are the biz. :) I only have 2 150w atm but will be getting the 315w when funds allow. Also, Smile is my favourite weed. :) 

I keep meaning to get my water checked by GA, the big thing that helped me with my water was when I started bubbling for an hour with ascorbic acid to get rid of the chloramine. Again funds are an issue here and I am waiting till I use up my old nutes.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:51 AM, Arnold Layne said:

I am somewhat behind in things technical,

If you find yourself in a position to try CMH please do. Like most who have tried it I cant praise it enough. 

I have been growing the same cut of KillerSkunk on and off now for years and this is the first time I have personally grown it under CMH. The difference has took my breath away it really has. 

I now honestly believe that CMH has raised the Bar for Cannabis Quality both in terms of terpine profile and potency. 

This plant isn't even 7 weeks through here.

medium.DSC_0210.JPG.d4279bb8036f124a75a2

medium.DSC_0199.JPG.3b40dd4cc439777f0cfd

My cut of KS was taken for its quick flowering period and its fruity / berry flavour. But it was never a Resin station. Under CMH its a totally different plant. 

• Like 7

One day, maybe! But we've just purchased a new house, and until we've got it ship shape there are no funds available for CMH.

Hopefully they will soon bring the prices down, though. If they do, I might be able to purchase them sooner  :unsure:

:(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2017 at 7:45 AM, GreenVision said:

If you find yourself in a position to try CMH please do. Like most who have tried it I cant praise it enough. 

I have been growing the same cut of KillerSkunk on and off now for years and this is the first time I have personally grown it under CMH. The difference has took my breath away it really has. 

I now honestly believe that CMH has raised the Bar for Cannabis Quality both in terms of terpine profile and potency. 

This plant isn't even 7 weeks through here.

medium.DSC_0210.JPG.d4279bb8036f124a75a2

medium.DSC_0199.JPG.3b40dd4cc439777f0cfd

My cut of KS was taken for its quick flowering period and its fruity / berry flavour. But it was never a Resin station. Under CMH its a totally different plant. 

Were they grown under a mix of CMH and HPS or just full CMH?

• Like 3

Has anyone used tge growers ark soil range without ph'ing their water? I am thinking about switching to GA next run as i have soft water.

• Like 1