Your Best HSO Picture's

HSO-Mark

49 minutes ago, zibzabz said:

@Smokebelch Cheers dude, she was a pleasure :wassnnme:

@Dave 420 I went for the Ewe 2 too, and the Em dog. I've got a baby HLG QB at the mo, in fact that photo was taken under it :yep:

how are you liking THE HLG?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dave 420 said:

how are you liking THE HLG?

To be honest I only got the HLG installed about 1/2 way through the last flower cycle. I swapped out a viper spectra 450 (200w) for the 100w plug and play in a DR60. 2 plants finished under it with a dry weight of 180g. Not amazing, but not bad for 100w!

I did notice an almost instant improvement with the lower growth compared to the burble, maybe the diffused light?

I'm now running the 100w QB and the vipar 450 side by side until I get my hands on some more QB magic.

One day I'll find the space for a 550, but until then I'll just have to watch yours! :woot:

• Like 4

I'd love to move away from my HPS's because they're so damn hot and expensive to run, but I'm too scared to take the leap, especially considering the initial purchase prices of these alternatives. I'll be keeping an eye on how y'all get on with these various set-ups though, will be interesting to see how they compare to equivalent rated HID's.

8 minutes ago, SevernValleySavant said:

I'd love to move away from my HPS's because they're so damn hot and expensive to run, but I'm too scared to take the leap, especially considering the initial purchase prices of these alternatives. I'll be keeping an eye on how y'all get on with these various set-ups though, will be interesting to see how they compare to equivalent rated HID's.

It was the GML show that swerved me towards HLG... Not that I've ever used HPS (outdoor boy until very recently) He's done a couple of side by side grows. If you haven't already checked it out?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, zibzabz said:

It was the GML show that swerved me towards HLG... Not that I've ever used HPS (outdoor boy until very recently) He's done a couple of side by side grows. If you haven't already checked it out?

Yes, I watch the show that's wot took me to, HPS is too hot and too expensive buying bulbs every 5 minutes. At least with them, you should never have to buy another ever again:yep: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SevernValleySavant said:

Led,s have made a massive leap forward in the last few years with some very productive units on the market along with some not so good  :yep:

Think about it like this.

With an hps/mh type hid (high intensity discharge) light you need to change that bulb say every 2 grows. If your doing 4-6 grows a year this would need new build 2-3x a year. If we say a 600w dual spec hps bulb is £20 x 3 per year that £60/year x that by 5 years (the LED expected life span) and your upto £300 just on replacement bulbs and LED do run at around half the operational cost ;)

I think the key is choosing the right company  :yep:

It's most definitely now competing with hid lighting imo  ;) very interesting times ahead :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Well, here's the end product - or some of it anyway.  It's one of my three HSO Blue Dream autos at it's peak.

I cropped most of this one yesterday.  Sticky work :)

It's not clear from the photo but there's a lovely cola on that main stem :thisbig: - been trimming today and the house of full of pungent sweet/spicey/deep forest odours :yep:

large.FullBlueDream.jpg

GGing, as opposed to indoor, brings with it a load of variables over which you have little or no control

but the sight of one of these beauties in full sunlight is a reward on its own :magic:.

I'll be cropping one or both of the other two later this week.

:lucky:

A

:yinyang:

• Like 6

On 15.01.2018 at 7:05 PM, golf.007 said:

Bubba's gift.

large.IMG_3694.JPGlarge.IMG_3661.JPGlarge.IMG_3660.JPG

This strain has been great fun and easy to grow, very much looking forward to getting them in the jars and running the cuts on round two.

atb

Very nice ladies:smokin:

• Like 7

@golf.007 that bubbas gift looks some real dense bud, loaded with resin too. i have a bubba island kush reveging now that's purple too in this heat. lol 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Amaethon said:

Well, here's the end product - or some of it anyway.  It's one of my three HSO Blue Dream autos at it's peak.

I cropped most of this one yesterday.  Sticky work :)

It's not clear from the photo but there's a lovely cola on that main stem :thisbig: - been trimming today and the house of full of pungent sweet/spicey/deep forest odours :yep:

large.FullBlueDream.jpg

GGing, as opposed to indoor, brings with it a load of variables over which you have little or no control

but the sight of one of these beauties in full sunlight is a reward on its own :magic:.

I'll be cropping one or both of the other two later this week.

:lucky:

A

I must say I love all cannabis plants but their is something special seeing a plant being grown as nature intended  :yep:

Happy harvesting brother looks like fire :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the plot today for the final cropping.

The plants were looking glorious with a million Blue Dream trichs glistening in the morning sunshine :)

Almost seemed a pity to chop 'em  -  almost.

So here are my last pix for this year....

large.5b50ba94067bb_1BDfinal.jpglarge.5b50baea1a544_2FinalBranch.jpg

And here are those trichs in closeup..

large.5b50bb3ec9aed_3BudZoomFinal.jpg

Only the biggest fan leaves had no trichs - the rest are covered in them :yep:

:lucky: Very best of luck to all you HSO growers :lucky:  Hope to be back again next year :thumsup:

:rockon:

:yinyang: Amaethon :yinyang:

• Like 7