S.A.D. F1 FV Grow

Many thanks @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp! I was going to start flowering them soon as I need to top up the jars but a friend came to the rescue and now I can veg these a while longer! The plant I had spare just stopped growing, I'm unsure of what happened but as I have 4 plants that are growing nicely I will have the time to take cuts for a future run.

Thanks @Inspiration101 I use Plant Magic Soil indoors because of it's light, grainey and spongey quality it's great. Up until this pot up I've been bottom feeding so the top 10-20mm never gets damp but the roots have come through much more dense, thick and white which I assume is a combination of the ecothrive charge and the root juice also. Now the plants are past the juvenile stage I've also introduced Fish-Mix at 1ml per Litre to enrich the soil and feed the vegetative requirements as they become more demanding. I was going to flower in these 3.5's as I wanted a quick turnaround but as mentioned before a friend of mine has not long cured some nice Power Plant and has given me some so now I can afford a longer veg, take some good cuttings and finish in some new 10L pots I've picked up.  

Yea, looking at the roots I think that root juice has paid dividends.  This last two projects I have used no root enhancers and looking at the roots after harvest - They aren't looking so plentiful.

I will be adding some root juice to my collection.

Am using ecothrive also and read about top dressing with this also - so when watered the goodness heads to the roots.

Will be starting up my new organic diary with green poison, cream47 and killer kush - In a couple of weeks ;)

• Like 1

@Inspiration101

Funnily enough with the root juice they recommend 4ml per Litre and I started off at 0.5ml, I've gone up to 1ml now as the plants are much bigger but I don't think I'll ever need to take it over that.

Just waiting to see how long they will cram out the 3.5's as they were in the 0.75's just under 2 weeks, plus the fact they're under a 250w rather than the 150w, there are already multiple roots at the bottoms.

I normally hate waiting through the Vegetative period but getting used to the ecothrive charge and using the BioBizz additives has kept me well entertained, I'll grab some pics to show how fast the foliage has filled out since going into the 3.5's.

So 5 days on from the pot up pics looking sparse and bent they have gotten comfy in their new temporary homes and have cracked on with filling out.

The only changes I've made is to re-secure the mainstem and pull it back down and I have re-adjusted my timers to 6 hours on and 2 hours off, it's still 18/6 but with the dark period split over 3 periods in a day rather than one long period. Temps lovely and stable 21-22 lights on and 20-20.7 lights off, before the timer change it was 21-22 lights on and 18.5-19 lights off.

large.SSSADPOTUP3AFTERSHOT.jpglarge.SSSADPOTUP3AFTERSHOT2.jpglarge.SSSADPOTUP3AFTERSHOT3.jpg 

Peculiar light cycle !   The ladies don't seem to mind at all though, in fact they look pretty good for the situation !

Am just tieing mine down at the moment also, no topping or chopping this time for me.

It certainly looks like any more than 1ml of root juice would be a bit wasteful, it shall go a lot further :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Peculiar light cycle

Indeed, I read an article back in 2016 about it but at the time I wasn't too sure about striking a lamp more than once a day. Some others are using it on here aswell and reported no negative effects on lamps and I figured I'd just give it a go.

http://blog.surna.com/a-62-light-schedule-could-increase-plant-growth

That makes for a very interesting read, I will have more of a think on it and may switch to that. At $20 a bulb am not worried about one blowing due to being on and off more often :D

Only three days ago I repotted mine into 3 litre pots and the larger green poison (superstar survivor) into an 11 litre and moved them under a 400w blue bulb.  

They are just about out of the seedling stage and on the cusp of veg mode.  This could be good, will think on it......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This diary deserves an update, I watered the ladies today and grabbed a group shot. They're all over 2 foot now, I've upped the Root Juice to 2ml per L, the Acti-Vera to 2ml per L also and the FishMix is up to 1.5ml per L.

large.SSSADPOTUP3GROUP2.jpg

They will be potted up over the weekend into their finals, I'm tempted to put the 400w in but in this space I think the 250w MH is serving me very well for veg.

Today I had a day off so I got round to potting up, the final pots are 9/10L. I watered them in well with 2ml per Litre of Root Juice and Acti-Vera, 1ml per Litre of FishMix and Bio-Silicon and the added soil was again amended with ecothrive charge at 10ml per Litre. I haven't bothered to add the bat guano to the soil as I'm going to use it in a tea instead after much reading.

Anyway, as usual I got some pictures to add including some tasty root shots.

Plant 1 and roots

large.SSSADFINALPOTUP1.jpglarge.SSSADFINALPOTUP1ROOTS.jpg

Plant 2 and roots

large.SSSADFINALPOTUP2.jpglarge.SSSADFINALPOTUP2ROOTS.jpg

Plant 3 and roots

large.SSSADFINALPOTUP3.jpglarge.SSSADFINALPOTUP3ROOTS.jpg

Plant 4 and roots

large.SSSADFINALPOTUP4.jpglarge.SSSADFINALPOTUP4ROOTS.jpg

Group shot, settled in for the final furlong

large.SSSADFINALPOTUPGROUP.jpg 

I'll let them settle in for a week under the 250w and will give them a week or two under the 400w before switching to 12/12. The Root Juice has been working wonders so I should have enough space for the 5/6 weeks of root growth left, fingers crossed.

Looking great! 

Switched to 6/2 cycle over a week ago and I feel growth is better, the ladies appear to be loving it.  Am looking to maybe repot mine on the weekend, may get my diary started also.

That root juice has worked wonders for you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @JAPE 

Mine had settled in the new pots and had a pruning session as they all got quite big for the space, I had them in the dark for 48 hours and started 12/12 on saturday. I'll update with pics soon as I've been mega busy with work.