Critical Jack

Green demon

9 minutes ago, botanics said:

sharp eyed as always mate

Plastic bud, both of them....:eek:....funny though, there's still a whole ton of stuff I don't see coming.........:rofl:

• Like 3

Don't know how I lost track of this diary mate, probably because it's on the main page and not in the 2017 diaries.

Taken me 3 days to read and digest there's that much info  here from yourself and others.

Great read mate and the plants look great :yep:

I have the same attitude with some of these people doing methods that have been about for decades and trying to claim them as their own lol

My first beans were put in soil in 1991 and grown in a window, bagseed from Thai weed doing the rounds at the time. Never even saw flowers I got that sick of waiting. Smoked all the leaf though from 2 plants and didn't even get to know if they were male or female lol The next time was in 2000 a bit before UK420, I decided to use lights stolen from building sites and got a book called Marijuana growers insider's guide by Mel Frank and decided to give it a go. Safe to say I learnt the hard way and wish this site was on the go back then lol

This place is the business for old and new, we all learn from each other :cheers:

• Like 6

@jadenugs Sorry mate! I really should've thought about where this thread belonged, instead I just saw Dinafem and thought, yup that'll do lol 

Thanks for your kind words and input bro, mighty kind of you! I totally agree about the info. As a complete coco newb I figured I'd get some help and advice running a diary but I never thought it would escalate into this. 

lol for the last couple of weeks I've just had The Smiths Cemetery Gates going round and round in my head. If you're going to write prose and poems then the words you use should be your own, don't plagerise or take on loan. 

As a writer, as a creative person, and as a human being I very much live by this ethos. We're here to become the greatest versions of our selves and to help others achieve the same. Not belittle others and steal from them. Like Snoop Dog said, "You diss Dre, you diss yourself."

Haha that's a fucking awesome start to growing mate. I did similar. Bagseed on a window sil that amounted to nothing. Cuttings under a normal 100w house lamp lol Needless to say never amounted to nothing. 

Then early 2000 became a baller and invested in a ds60 and a CFL. Coaxed a few Autos into getting me more stoned than I'd ever been and reaslised that life was never going to be the same again. 

Ive read sooo many books, articles, studies, and yet the best source of information aside from growing itself I've found anywhere, is here. Reading, watching, following along with other people's diaries has taught me an insane amount. It gives you as a newb a benchmark, a rough guide to follow along with.

Okay so I pulled the girls outta the tent so you could all get a better look without the HIDs totally killing the pics.

Critical Jack

Unfortunately the best thing about this plant is the aroma, and until  IPad has a scratch and sniff app there's fuck all I can say but it's exceptional. Really, it's not my favourite visually, too leafy, nodes almost too tight, and I fucking hate trimming.

Yet the smell, oh my days it's just perfect. It's like a beautiful perfume that lingers in the back of your nose, so it stays with you as you walk away thinking holy shit I want more. This is the type of plant you just want perpetually in your garden so every time you open the tent you get that smell.

large.IMG_1024.jpglarge.IMG_1023.jpglarge.IMG_1026.jpglarge.IMG_1025.jpg

Cheese

The aroma again is beautiful. It was once noticeably different to the Exodus cut but now it's really maturing into something very similar. 

large.IMG_1028.jpg

large.IMG_1029.jpglarge.IMG_1030.jpglarge.IMG_1033.jpglarge.IMG_1031.jpglarge.IMG_1032.jpg

• Like 10

lol Cracked me up with the house lamp. Things we tried back then. I tried vegging under one of those under kitchen cupboard striplights. Fuck it was hot, nothing like a fluorescent lol

The first time I tried an outdoor grow I just stuck a seed in some clay soil and wondered why there was nothing there when I went back a few weeks later :rofl:

Top growing mate, that cheese has an insane amount of frost on her already :yep:

• Like 6

On 27/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, stu914 said:

Plastic bud, both of them

lol Snap mate! 

Cataract both of them, done some years ago ;)

@Green demon

Absolutely stunning work dude...awesome growing in here :v:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, botanics said:

Cataract both of them, done some years ago

Me too.........

This is starting to get spooky now....:shock:.....glaucoma by any chance?...... lazer surgery thrown in for good measure?......Broken any bones?

It's like being medically stalked.........:eek:

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 4

@Crentz Thanks bro these girls are making me smile each time I open the tent. I've seen some awesome grows of Critical Jack on here so hoping she'll do me proud. It's hard resisting the urge to defoliate ATM she's a proper leaf monster!

Both strains buds are starting to swell now which is lovely to see.

@jadenugs lol I know bro. Of the stupid shit I've done in my life I wish I could say growing with a 100w lamp was the dumbest thing I've done, but it isn't, not by a long shot lol 

We live and we learn!

Thanks dude, these girls pretty much grew themselves, a testament to the beans that they survived my coco ingnorance! I can't believe the frost on the Cheeses, pretty exceptional if you ask me. I've taken to calling them Crystal.

@botanics thanks for you kind words bruv! Definitely have a lot to work on getting the vegging right but at least in flower mode they seem to take care of themselves.

Currently feeding 1.8EC @ pH 6.0 Water temp 20 degrees Multiple hand feeds daily.

Every hour to twice a day depending on what mood I'm in or if I've got time.

In 20L of water im putting in roughly

30ml rhizo 

30ml Fulvic

5ml Cal mag

20ml PK

60ml A&B

Using silicon to ph up if I overshoot with PH down.

@stu914 A lot of disease and negative health effects can be simply caused by pH. The human body should be slightly alkaline yet smoking, alcohol, meat, dairy, junk food are all acidic crap that send our ph too low and cause issues. Organic apple cider vinegar should be a staple part of everyone's diet. It smells like feet, tastes like shit, but it's one of the ancient medicinal wonders that will help restore the human body to its correct ph.

• Like 7

Tried to get some better close ups to show you the buds. Pistils are turning already 33 days in. The stem strength on the subsidiary colas and lower nodes is just incredible. They are soo freaking strong I can't see them needing supports. Never seen plants this healthy using organic based ferts like maxicrop or bio bizz, these girls are a new level for me so hats off to vitalink they're certainly doing something right, or maybe it's the CMH? New nutes arrive in a couple of days so time will tell!

Cheese

large.IMG_1108.jpglarge.IMG_1109.jpglarge.IMG_1111.jpglarge.IMG_1112.jpglarge.IMG_1113.jpg

Critical jacklarge.IMG_1110.jpglarge.IMG_1114.jpg

• Like 8

Some beautiful tops forming my friend and the trichome production has kicked into overload  :yep:

Out of the 2 your cheese does look to be the frostier of the 2 strains but this could change in the coming weeks :)

I've never had any problems running the vitalink range and from the look of the plants they look really healthy so the nutrients are doing there job, perfectly  :yep:

We can get the thread moved if needed into the 2017-18 section I don't think this would be to much of a problem? 

Just under 5 weeks into bloom and things are looking spot on :)

Great thread update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Thanks for the continued support and updates mate :yep:

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

They have swollen up quite a bit in just a few days buddy, I can see them packing on some serious weight in the next couple of weeks:yep:

plants look in perfect health man take a bow:notworthy:

• Like 4

On 11/30/2017 at 0:10 PM, Green demon said:

and until  IPad has a scratch and sniff app there's fuck all I can say but it's exceptional.

that made me laugh mate. lol 

that critical puts something good into every cross i have smoked from her. your in for a treat. they get fat buds in the last few weeks.

the cheese looks sweet. nice shape to them plants mate.:skin_up:

• Like 5