155w LED - Cream Mandarin F1

Prophet

Me Again :)

Well after my last poor performance with the Mohan Ram grow (about 1oz) I've got straight back on the horse and cracked a couple of cream caramel F1's. I've grown this one before and it was my favourite smoke and best yield (over 2oz with a 125w CFL). It chucked out buds from every damn place! And started budding up really early (for a CFL grow). 

Now my grow-drobe has improved since then. Firstly i've replaced the box entirely by one twice the size. Secondly I've spoken with @Key4 about setting up an LED strip rig. This basically uses ten strips of 15.5w bridgelux LED's. Not only does this give me better temps (max 25c so far) but also gives me a perfect span of light. The penetration is phenomenal too. These kick out 22'000 lumens @ 700mA. My 150w HPS maxed at 17'000 . . . And this gives much better PAR too, compared with sodium.

One of the pair is a week behind as one of my original two beans looked a little 'soft'. So i cracked an other one straight away. So one of these plants, obviously the smaller one, will always be a week behind.

So firstly the new box! She is 1200 high x 850 wide x 600 deep. Basically a double wardrobe chopped from 6' to 4'. Still got the 4" extraction which seems to be doing the job just fine, and is quiet! I've also got 7 PC fans on two different circuits. The main circuit runs the extractor fan, an active intake, an active extract (sits behind the filter, which is horizontal and pulls warm away away from it) and another in the section at the top to cool the driver. The second circuit runs the four you can see inside. This will get used later one the plants are much bigger.

So firstly here's the new box:

large.20170810_134535.jpg

And the new light rig :

large.20170806_165157.jpg

And finally my two new girls:

large.20170813_175247.jpg

large.20170813_175259.jpg

This LED malarky is a new one on me too so shall we see what happens?

P

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 11

@Inspiration101 & @Key4 Cheers guys :) 

I don't think i'm going to scrog this time but just grow 8 main colas from each plant. I don't think scrogging works too well with lower power (and number of plants) setups as you don't get the same power to drive the 'middle' growths. It really didn't work with my HPS.

• Like 1

Looks well tidy mate, good luck with it :yep: what was the total cost for the strips and driver please?

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 1

Nice set up dude. I'm excited for you CC is def. one of my favs. Gutted I messed up my last run of them, hope yours goes without a hitch!

• Like 1

Time to pot-up already i rekon :) 

No idea what capacity they are. Some kind of storage boxes. I've put a layer of gravel in the bottom and filled it full of holes. Also sprayed them green (were clear) to stop and root damage from the light. I'll leave them for a few days to settle then they'll get topped. Or at least the older sister will get it first (that sounded wrong)

large.20170816_131616.jpg

large.20170816_132907.jpg

large.20170816_132919.jpg

• Like 4

Could you get a mop bucket? Without the mop obviously. That could work. If not you could always make-up a little wooden frame and stick some castors on it.

I've also just realised i'm growing Cream Mandarin! Not Cream Caramel! Doh!

I've flagged it for a mod to edit :) 

@Prophet I also mis-named half of my Sweet Seeds Diary Comp entry,I spent the first 4weeks calling it Cream Caramel not Mandarin as in yours also,felt slightly stupid but either way that C'Mandarin is a great smoke,mine was like a mixed berry and fruit trifle with a base note of creamy smooth,dark treacle sauce,it was fantastic,the hits solid and lasts to.

Good luck with it mate.

• Like 1

Temps are bang-on. Currently maxing at 25c. So no danger of burning or excessive drying. I'm swapping out the two faulty strips in the next day or two so we'll go from 125w upto the 155w