Hey mate. Sorry must have missed your @ 

It's always bad to tell at this stage of the game but looking at it it's definitely hungry. 

Whether that's down to low feed I dont know. It looks like slightly more going on possibly down to something in the rootzone. I know it's hard to over water coco but the droopy leaves look that way.

What sorta temps are your roots getting to, I know you run hot.

I'd be inclined to say it's either 

A just a hungry bitch.

B issues in the pot causing it to lock nutes out.

C bit of both.

But........ive about as much idea of growing in coco as you do in soil lol

Do you measure your runoff to compare with what's going in to see if the ec is lower/higher than when it went in? 

Sorry if this Is like asking granny to suck eggs.

I suppose like you say the beauty of coco is you can measure to see if your giving too much or little and know what's in the medium.

Sorry I've not been more helpful and give  you anything concrete mate.

I find autos to the contrary of the myth that they are light feeders. I've never fed photos as much as I do autos when they are rocking on. 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2017 at 0:26 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Whether that's down to low feed I dont know. It looks like slightly more going on possibly down to something in the rootzone. I know it's hard to over water coco but the droopy leaves look that way.

Every now and then, you will get a bean hatch, that completely confounds you. As all the other plants "At Their Current ages", are fine.

You can safely amuse, it's "Nothing You" have done wrong........... as the remaining cultivars. Are just mid Autumn, looking very well tyreated, visually, 100% job done, loaded. Taking back nutes and flooding flowers with sticky resin, as these strain have a habit of doing !! the culturists, has got them to 99% expression of geno & pheno type, in full health, and they show it, in kind, visually.

The odd one out though........... is just a genetic quick finisher, and should be on flush around now ??............. 2wks left ??.............

The smaller plants tend to be hungrier...... and pull back a lot more nutes, when finishing up "Early".......... its the:   "Theres allways one syndrome".....  but i have had early, "ODD" finishers........... on flush when the others, perfectly normal, have 4 wks + to go, 2-3wks on nutes 2wks on flush, as diary timing.... say at  78d overall & 43 in flower, and the odd one out is on flush !! but hatch same day as the rest..... the odd one out..

When cured, are generally very potent, or the reverse very weak, due to the "Wide" genetic expression. In those odd ones out, the "syndromer". That they can also knock you side ways...... post cure....... at least, are double strength, if you get one fall the right side of the fence etc............. had a freak "DesFran" fem......... took the others side of the coin. An extra 3 wks past the usual 12 to 14wks............. but was the most potent smoke of "Cannabis" i ever had, or experienced, wey beyond a whitey !!.

Was half way down the "King Blunt".......... with just a pinch of silk cut.......... and it just put me straight out.........  arrhythmia respiration......... the lot,  literally.......... didant know what happened......... as if i was going under for an opp........... !! after REM sleeping 10hrs.......... woke up like a million dollars........... full of energy !!..... but had no idea where i was !!..... or where the front door was !!, only kidding but it was a mental hitt, i only smoked the "DF"... on Fridays after that ! and after all chores are done !!................. was wary of planting any more......... for fear i would just go right of the tracks !! loose track of time and spacial awareness !!................ the thing is i wish i was kidding !!    "DesFran" !!   F15  100% Pure, Stable, Sativa. I try and stick with the more "Civil Beans"  of late...... !!  fruits of civil plants !!.......

Take care of the odd one out.......you never know,....... you may get a shock one day !! such is the "variance" in genetic recombination" or Chiasma", in higher terrestrial perennials, of the Binnium" Genus !!.  The final expression can be "Mentalistic anesthesia"... and memorable, and most of all, at the edge of genetic variance, it's a "Rare" happening.......  nice work tee bro, enjoy the odd one out, the triple "OOO" if it do turn out to be a mentalist !!  let me know bro !!.......

Re the fires on bredren hill........ hope they get to grips with the outbreak and put it out !! before the wind changes direction geez !!     Automaster

Here one of my favorite tunes from the soul years of the mid eighty's..... and fits the bill perfectly...... no pun intended but, here the link to my track.....     with 4.8 million views, i knew how to pic a track back in the day !!.................... still sounds top notch even today................. AM

GWEN McCRAE

KEEP THOSE FIRES BURNING  1982

Nice growing teetee man........... enjoy the fruits, both of labour, and on the nose !!   AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 1

As an addendum to the above teetee;........

The way to combat the odd one out is by selection. Selecting from 10 to 15 day old seedlings etc........ Selection = planting 4 beans for every 1 plant you need, by selection. You will get to see and know, how the odd one looks at 15wks........

Like looking round a second hand car !! look close enough you will see it !!.............. when you do, spot the odd one out, the runt, the one that drops leaves first in 5ltr pots, spot it remove it.......... !! Then chop it up.

Conversely, tagg the biggest and tallest of the bunch in 5ltr pot......... !! pre selection, as if you need 4 Dames to select for final grow out. You will av to chop 12no, perky fresh, 15 day old youth-lings !! by the end of selection. You soon get good at it.

The other thing selection covers, is the "No Show Bean" scenario. You want 5 plants, plant 5 beans ?, we all had the 2no No show Beans !!....... not with selection, as if you av a no show, you still have 3 beans up, out of the 4 per plant required !!.

Third benefit of selection, is pre warning of any deficiency tendency in the new strain i am running....... the Super fruit, sweet passion fruit. I am keep going, hand water just 2-3-4 youth-lings, in the 5ltr pots. And top water them. On the same juice as the dames now in 18ltr autopots. on 12ltr header res. in 25 ltr trays !!

If a deff tendency is present in the strain, it will show, 1st, in the youth-lings....de selected weaklings, kept on,............... then you can adjust early to this, deffs etc, if present, with the selected plants, the main grow, as they go into 3rd to 4th wk post 12/12. When nute requirement changes to flowering...... head off the deff, if present, before it shows in the main crop. If a deff shows, look closly in the main crop, 10/10 you will find very early signs of it.

I just keep them going, the few, kept back, from the 12no chop, in 5ltr pots for stress testing........ and place them in the inevitable, spare light spaces in the room, on the edge of the light frame... and watch them !!

Is one of the reasons my plants rarely show deffs, is because, i selected the best of the bunch, and piloted the 5ltr test plants into 3rd ney, 4th week of flower. And reacted to what they showed up !!

Automaster....... dont end up with the odd one out. End up with the Jonny Deppe" of the bunch !! it'll come good eventually :), as Monty Don will no doubt tell you !!........ However, i gota run, as Gardners World, Is on in 16 minutes, and it the Autumb "Equinox tonight natural 12/12 !!

Sadly, 10 of the 16 mins, will be spent by the microwave !! AM.....>>>>>> Happy Equinox All :)

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 1

@AutoMaster, nice track by Glen McCrae.... I put it in that genre called Yacht Rock.

Yacht rock refers to the highly polished brand of soft rock that emanated from Southern California during the late ’70s and early ’80s. The term is meant to suggest the kind of smooth, mellow music that early yuppies likely enjoyed while sipping champagne and snorting cocaine on their yachts. Additionally, since sailing was such a popular local leisure activity, some “yacht rockers” made nautical references in their lyrics and album artwork, particularly the anthemic track “Sailing” by Christopher Cross.  Other significant “Yacht Rockers” include Michael McDonald, Kenny Loggins, Hall & Oates, and Toto. 

My clients love listening to some while they get on some nitrous!

The fire's under control now, finally, it was on a steep inaccessible slope, and now it has come down to a more shallow area, they can blitz it..... it's still about 350 hectares in size. 

Looking at the NSW Rural Fire Service website, there's shedloads (93) of fires on the go at the mo.

Anyway, I've been busy cropping. I started with the Night Queen on 14th Sept (day 78), taking 2 nights to get her manicured.

large.59c4ac1c28db1_NQcrop.JPG

She was covered in trichomes, and her buds look very sparkly.....

large_NQ2.JPG

Then I got on with Think Different, she was a leggy girl but I think I rushed her. She was planted 11 days after the rest but started flowering very early..... may be it was some hormones that the other, older plants were giving off that set her off so soon? 

We have run out of smoke, so from 11th Sept, we have been taking stems off Think Different to dry and smoke - very heavy stuff, even after 3 days of quick drying! I took 3 stems off in total, so that will affect the yield. 

Anyway, I waited till 16th Sept (day 68) to get the rest of her down, and again, some lovely sticky bud is now brown bagged and drying properly. 

That just left me with the Toofless Alien (in front on day 85) and the Daiquiri Lime (at the back on day 83)....

large.59c4ac17112ef_day85group.JPG

The Toofless Alien has been the star of this grow so far.....

large_TA1.JPG

she has been green and healthy throughout, and has filled out with some beautiful blooms.......

large_TA6.JPG

large_TA4.JPG

So on day 85, I got on with the Toofless Alien..... she was absolutely dripping with sticky trichomes, the sweetleaf collected from her is gonna make super strong canna coconut oil!

She gave me a huge amount of bud.....

large.59c4ac27d1c4d_TAcrop.JPG

large_TA5.JPG

I have the bigger stems hanging in perforated cardboard boxes, and the trimmed nugs hanging in brown paper bags.

That leaves the Daiquiri Lime on her lonesome. Here she is on day 85 (she was 2 days younger than the Toofless Alien).....

large.59c4ac59d78ff_day85DL1.JPG

She looks a bit messy, I just haven't given her the love she demanded throughout the grow. She just got too large to handle, and you can see how she pretty much fills the 1.4m x 1.4m tent..... I think it could be possible to grow just one Daiquiri Lime and fill the tent and get a 20 ounce plus harvest!!! But you'd have to spend all your time preening and staking her out.

Even though I just let her get on with it, she is going to give me a big haul...... she has masses of long thick colas......

large.59c4ac6370738_day85DL3.JPG

large.59c4ac6960240_day85DL4.JPG

large.59c4ac6cf0db3_day85DL5.JPG

Donkey Dick anyone????

I have spent ages since this pic was taken, removing all the crispy brown leaves and any yellow ones that come off with a gentle tug..... she looks a bit better now, and I think she will be ready to pull sown any day now!

More soon!

• Like 7

I gave the Lime a bit of a tidy up..... she scrubbed up well!!!

Here she is from the front door.....

large.59c73d3b8c4b8_day87DL1.JPG

.... and from the side door......

large.59c73d41892fd_day87DL2.JPG

.... and a bit closer......

large.59c73d490c84d_day87DL3.JPG

• Like 11

that's looking great, she did polish up nice ;) tooffles alien dose look really nice, I like the bud shape on her, she got nice curves lol nice to see your plants get to fully express themselves in a tent, outdoor size plants indoors is what indoor growing should be all about (room permitting). nicely done mate  

• Like 2

Thanks @rabthegrower mate, the Toofless Alien was a beauty.... photos didn't do her justice.

The Daiquiri is enjoying the tent on her own, I have cleared out the other pots and swept the floor, so she has this lovely sparkly disco room to herself. There's plenty of white pistils popping through, and the fan leaves are just being sucked dry of all their stored up goodness. I remember from before, that made trimming a whole lot easier! Temps have risen to 34C ambient and 37C in the tent (sometimes higher), so I have cranked up the aircon and brought things down to 26C in the tent. Humidity is 38-40%. 

Previous Limes have gone to 97 days and 85 days (although that one was chopped prematurely because of an imminent landlord inspection - and would have gone well into the 90+ day range), so I reckon another 3-5 days before I get chopping again.... hopefully in time for the weekend. In the meantime, I'm gonna up the Top Shooter and Bud Candy and drop the A&B to keep the EC at the same level and see if I can get her to fatten up some more!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rabthegrower said:

that's looking great, she did polish up nice ;) tooffles alien dose look really nice, I like the bud shape on her, she got nice curves lol nice to see your plants get to fully express themselves in a tent, outdoor size plants indoors is what indoor growing should be all about (room permitting). nicely done mate  

I agree with Rab tee.................. some nice yield there from the DL & TA................. glad they got them fires out man.....

Stoncking grow there tee, nice work man............ will get back and finish this tonight gota go to work now, invoice in hand !! AM

• Like 2

@teehee One word and i think ive used it before to describe a previous grow of yours, nope, lets make it two words.

FUCKING WOW! :thumsup:

Smashed it again bro, not much more to say really. :woot: :bong: :woot:

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 3:50 PM, AutoMaster said:

I agree with Rab tee.................. some nice yield there from the DL & TA................. glad they got them fires out man.....

Stoncking grow there tee, nice work man............ will get back and finish this tonight gota go to work now, invoice in hand !! AM

Cheers AB mate. The fire's under control...... doesn't mean to say it's out! Got 5 days of cooler weather with the suggestion of some much needed rain..... haven't had a drop since April!

On 9/27/2017 at 9:01 PM, Freax said:

@teehee One word and i think ive used it before to describe a previous grow of yours, nope, lets make it two words.

FUCKING WOW! :thumsup:

Smashed it again bro, not much more to say really. :woot: :bong: :woot:

Nice one @Freax dude!!!.... hope all is good your end mate. 

I've just finished bringing down the Daiquiri Lime. 4 days it took me! She was a big beast of a plant with long stems that were full of sticky bud.

large_DL3.JPG

From my last shots you can see how I tidied her up by removing all the brown fan leaves. By the time I had finished, there wasn't many leaves left, just a load of long stems full of bud with minimal trimming to do! 

large.59c73d490c84d_day87DL3.JPG

I started with he main cola and worked my way through the bulkiest stems. It took me 2 evenings to do this lot.....

large.59d0f0bccdcba_day92DL2.JPG

They were thick and chunky....

large_DL1.JPG

I continued with the cropping, getting this lot done last night......

large.59d0f0c15da72_day94DL.JPG

.... and I finished off this morning with a cup of Cannabis coconut oil laced chai and a nice fat joint of Think Different.....

large.59d0f0c447b72_day95DL.JPG

I have hung the 18 stems in a couple of big perforated cardboard boxes, and de-stemmed the rest hanging them up in brown paper bags. 

The Night Queen, Toofless Alien and Think Different have been jarred with Boveda 52's, having been dried and weighed. I will publish the totals all together, once the Lime is also finally jarred.

This is what's left of the Daiquiri Lime.....

large_DL4.JPG

Tomorrow I will hurl the Coco root ball and the cut stems into the jungle down the side of our hill and jobs done!

I'm then gonna get the tent down and deconstruct everything (again), in anticipation of the first 3 month inspection by the agent for this property, plus my Mum's coming over for a couple of weeks round about the same time. I will have the airpots loaded with Coco ready so I can plant anther 4 beans precisely 2 days before she leaves! That will be in around 6 weeks or so.  

Before she comes over I will make 4 batches of Canna-coconut oil using the sweetleaf collected from the 4 strains in this grow - all currently safely stored in the freezer. That oil will keep me and the Missus sane while the old Girl intrudes into our little bubble (Mum - if you're reading this - I love you really). 

• Like 6

Congrats on the overall grow tee..............well done man, the alien looks as big as before.............. and is obviously a XXXXXXXXXL yield-er..... and loves your husbandry by the looks of her !!

ya mum will be jet lagged when she arrives !......and probably moody due to it !!...take account of that !!... make a fuss of her, and purvey your finest Chai tea, and tee set ;) and all the other goodies in the pantry ;) !!........... they aint around for ever bro, so get plenty off pictures !! it aint cheap to get to the outback zone !!............... at least your on your own turf, which is neutral ground !!................  and you will have one to one time...... due to pressure here it's a rarity, to get 2hrs to ya self !!  best to all your end bro, will pm ya   AM

Ps; tap out all root-ball matrix's, burn stalks all in one go late at night, with cocco, which will burn very well. My advice would be not to roll em down a local hall, near you. Some one sooner or later will find the evidence, canna is the strongest natural fibre, so take a very long time to break down.......... you could start a round the back flower planter with the old cocco mixed with compy........... the Dahlia's love it !! if anyone can get large blooms for an indoor flower vase it's you bro !!............... AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

Mate you have smashed it, that ta is immense. Isn't it great when they lose their leaves towards the end...makes trimming so much easier. 

Did you say no rain since April, Jesus man that's supposed to be your winter. Never mind you might get some next year!

Congrats again, superb job. Really will have to give that coco a blast sometime. 

Cheers TD

• Like 2

On 03/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, Topdraw said:

Did you say no rain since April, Jesus man that's supposed to be your winter. Never mind you might get some next year!

Different spot, now, not as much rain water teetee man ?............. is it still rain water you are using for the dames bruv ??......

You mention the large reservoir up the hill that feeds house res under floor bro.......... is that rain water or pumped in ??.........

I can definitely see the difference............ between basically "Bottled" water, ie, RO Buffered with high alkaline carbonates in tap water.

Although i aerate my water combo, and it allows low salt control. You can never saturate made water with Co2. As much as rain water.

The same can be said of o2 saturation, rain water is packed with it !!......... and a few minerals along the way. Was allways a key, that SeyMour-Buds used to use also........... he used it in a single 25ltr DWC. And used to add tap water to the rain water to head of DWC "CallMagDeffs".. 

I have finally sercome, to wanting to put it to the test myself !!....."50 Micron Filtered, Rain Water", for the Dames....... i doubt i will capture the whole amount required. 15ltrs ea 48hrs = 750ltrs over 100 days......... a 95ltr downpipe barrel outdoor.... is 75ltrs at outfall, i would need it filled 13 times in 3 months !! or "Once A Week" !!

If i get half that.......... 300ltrs over 100 days............... it would be worth substituting it into the watering regime......... i just have to work out a way of installing a 6mm flexi pipe, to a small pump, to pump it indoors, or just have a low level gravity feed in 6mm straight from rain water barrel !! without any  pump noise or visible pipework !! it can be done........... with an 8mm masonry bit !!.........  

Was the toothless, bigger than the AE haul teetee man ??............

Automaster

Edit addendum;

An important note,   Tap water is "0 Ec", when captured........... so also allows salt control,.......... the high build up of which, (Tap Water Salts). Kills heavy harvest, due to exponential, grow medium Ph to alkaline, at the end of the grow, (750ltrs / 100 days), when you need full health, at it's best, to load up the trichs.......... AM

Edited by AutoMaster

Hey @AutoMaster mate, this new location is further up into the mountains, so rain (when it comes) is full on..... the creeks flood out and will probably mean we will be flooded in for at least 5-7 days in the year. This spring has been a hot one generally for Australia, especially in this part, unusually hot, so there's been literally a tsunami of snakes, mainly browns and carpet pythons. Heaps of bushfires in the state, again unusual for this time of year. Summer is gonna be hotter and wetter than usual this year so they say...... 

As summer comes, it will get more humid, we're in the subtropics so it will get blisteringly hot in the day then thunderstorms at night every 3-4 days I reckon.

We had 2 days of rain this week, and our 5000 gallon water tank under the house got completely filled. The house is reasonably large and every single drop of rain that lands on the roof is collected. Once the tank under the house is full, it pumps up to the big water tank (25000 gallons) up on the hill, then gravity feeds back down to the house for our domestic supply...... no mains water connection here! Having the water gravity fed down means really good water pressure, unlike most Au homes with the feeble trickle coming out of the shower. In my old place it took 3 mins to fill up a 20L bucket of water, now it takes 30 seconds!

They have a separate 5000 gallon tank on the hill that is replenished from a dam at the base of the hill..... that is for the gardening (not the canna), washing the car, power washing the spider webs off the house and verandah etc - not suitable for drinking

Finally another 2500 tank (painted red) is for the fire dept to use in case of emergency.

They have sussed the water issues here, in the other place we lived, we would have had to buy water, and have it brought in by tanker at a cost of $220 a tanker..... to fill a 2500 gallon tank. That tanked in water would have come from the domestic water supply in town, so would have been chlorinated etc.... yuck.

We have an RA filter in the kitchen and also use a Brita water jug thing.... otherwise Gardia etc will be an issue.

Good luck with your rainwater experiment..... I don't even bother filtering it, as we have nice clean air, no shit (apart from snake and batshit) in it. Its like one of those geography lessons, humid air comes in from the coast, heading inland, hitting the colder mountain air and causing precipitation, feeding the rivers and flowing back to the sea again. If I had used the (acid) rain of London, I dread to think what that would do for my Girls!

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to reveal the results of the final weigh in. I am very happy with the results........

Think Different  4.29oz  (121.62g)

Night Queen     4.56oz  (129.27g)

Toofless Alien   8.44oz  (239.27g)

Daiquiri Lime   13.38oz (379.32g)

making a grand total of 30.67oz (869.48g)

not bad at all, the majority of it is what I would call grade A.....big hard solid sparkly nuggets, all jarred up with Boveda 62s. 

I don't even know which one I am looking forward to smoking most of all..... probably the Night Queen (cos it is so heavy) and this crop is very dank and sticky. My best result for a Night Queen was 9.95oz, so this was way less but still a good amount, and I will keep it all for myself - the Wife can't cope with it!).

Toofless Alien was superb, my previous one was 7.23oz. A test  smoke was deliciously sugary sweet on the lips, so over 8oz is a great harvest.

Finally the Lime.... 13.38oz is not my best (17.85oz) but WOW 13 plus ounces off a single Auto is perfect.... pungent citrus sticky bud!

So that's it really, I just wanna thank everyone for coming over all that way to see my grow and putting up with all my ramblings.

I'm gonna pack everything away for the impending visit from my Mum in a months time, but intend to get cracking the moment she takes off!

Thanks to @DutchPassionTony, I have some lovely seeds to try next, probably gonna do 2 Glueberry OG's and 2 Cinderella Jacks (but I might have to drop a Jack and do another Night Queen!)

Edited by teehee
  • Like 3