Best portable vape

So it was my mother in law's 60th birthday yesterday and I got a little smashed. I've drunk bought a vapcap m.

My hazy recollection of the purchase is thinking I'll buy the vapcap now and then save up for a mighty. lol

• Like 3
On 6/17/2017 at 10:00 AM, Cursed said:

yeah the battery thing is putting me off. its the best option for price for me but rechargable batteries is off putting.

I don't understand this Cursed! Every portable electronic vape has rechargeable batteries. The option is between one with a built-in battery (like the Mighty and Crafty). This means when the battery is used up, you can't vape again until you can charge the vape. In theory you can use the vape while charging- but the battery needs to be 30% charged for this to work, and the power drains faster than it recharges, so you will gradually drain the battery even if it's plugged in while you vape.

Alternatively, if your vape has swappable batteries, like the IQ, Arizer Air, Firefly 2 or Storm you can carry spare batteries, so when the battery runs out you just swap it over to keep on vaping.

The Storm can be charged without removing the battery- using the supplied micro-usb charger. But the battery can also be charged outside the Storm, and can be swapped for a freshly charged one. This is always the best option as you will never have to wait to vape, and if the battery declines (as all batteries do) or develops a fault, you can easily swap it for a new one without having to send your vape away.

Edited by vapefiend
  • Like 4
On 18/06/2017 at 10:02 AM, Ital said:

As much as as S&B pissed me off with refusing to fix my Mighty and instead offered  a new one costing more than Vapefiend sells them for they are still the absolute daddy of portable vapourizers and worth every penny imo. 

Don't get the hype with the VapCap, why would you want something you need a light for and looks like a crack pipe?

what reasons did they give for not fixing it ?

42 minutes ago, vapefiend said:

I don't understand this Cursed! Every portable electronic vape has rechargeable batteries. The option is between one with a built-in battery (like the Mighty and Crafty). This means when the battery is used up, you can't vape again until you can charge the vape. In theory you can use the vape while charging- but the battery needs to be 30% charged for this to work, and the power drains faster than it recharges, so you will gradually drain the battery even if it's plugged in while you vape.

Alternatively, if your vape has swappable batteries, like the IQ, Arizer Air, Firefly 2 or Storm you can carry spare batteries, so when the battery runs out you just swap it over to keep on vaping.

The Storm can be charged without removing the battery- using the supplied micro-usb charger. But the battery can also be charged outside the Storm, and can be swapped for a freshly charged one. This is always the best option as you will never have to wait to vape, and if the battery declines (as all batteries do) or develops a fault, you can easily swap it for a new one without having to send your vape away.

Ok let me try and explain my dilemma a little more clearly. I often decide to pop out on a whim to a mate's and therefore have not had an opportunity, if my vape batteries aren't charged, to charge them. This also applies when Im crap and forget to charge them even when I've planned in advance. So I would arrive at said friends house with a vape with flat batteries. What would be ideal is a vaporiser with either integral or removal batteries, doesn't matter, that could be plugged in and used almost immediately but still be charging faster than it is being depleted. If this happened, I could sit and chill, have a vape then chill for a couple of hours. If we then decide to go out and about the vape will be sufficiently charged for true portable use.

Now I had no idea that the mighty and crafty depleted quicker than charged and needed 30% charge for use, even when plugged in, so that will now factor into my later choice. 

I know I've described a very specific set of circumstances but that happens regularly to me and rather than take my table top out or waited for batteries to charge I've just taken a pipe out instead. That's why I kind of got sold on the vapcap m, best of both in the short term. So I could try and be more on it with charging but to be honest, I doubt it will happen lol

Are there any vapes out there that fit the description I've given above? The grasshopper maybe? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Yeah that ticks the boxes. Anyone want to lend me one so I can try it out lol

If it's anything like the original you won't be sorry, My birthday is in September and I can see an early present looming.....later this week...:rofl::rofl:

Vapefiend has done a vid review worth a watch if you haven't already seen it........:yep:

• Like 2
On 2017-6-18 at 10:02 AM, Ital said:

Don't get the hype with the VapCap, why would you want something you need a light for and looks like a crack pipe?

The glass ones do a look a bit dodgey when they are dorty and covered in oil, but the wooden and metal ones don't have that problem.

I vape away from my kids so it's ideal to load it up in about 10 seconds, heat it up in less than 5s and then either take one big hit or several small ones. 

I refill my lighters once a month, compared to my electric vapes that where always dead when I came to them so I'd have to wait 20-30minutes to start... And then the batteries start to fail and from a full charge I would only get 2 sessions before needing a full charge again. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, catfish said:

what reasons did they give for not fixing it ?

None. I sent them an email, they asked me to fill in an official (RFM??) form that's on the webpage which I did . A couple of days later they were very cold with there answer on how i should buy a new one and didn't entertain me replying why isn't it possible to fix it. Oh well I was being clumsy trying to have a cheeky vape whilst working luckily it still vibrates so is usable but a bit of a shame as imo all it need is a micro led so you can see the temp digits. 

• Like 1

Im on my second crafty both times no heat ,both times they have sent me a brand new one in the box.

i would by the mighty if was out for a long day but tbh the crafty is just that easy sneak a crafty on in anywhere

and I think it taste just as good as the volcano I have 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Ital said:

None. I sent them an email, they asked me to fill in an official (RFM??) form that's on the webpage which I did . A couple of days later they were very cold with there answer on how i should buy a new one and didn't entertain me replying why isn't it possible to fix it. Oh well I was being clumsy trying to have a cheeky vape whilst working luckily it still vibrates so is usable but a bit of a shame as imo all it need is a micro led so you can see the temp digits. 

i need one of those too .

On 6/19/2017 at 3:18 PM, Cursed said:

Ok let me try and explain my dilemma a little more clearly. I often decide to pop out on a whim to a mate's and therefore have not had an opportunity, if my vape batteries aren't charged, to charge them. This also applies when Im crap and forget to charge them even when I've planned in advance. So I would arrive at said friends house with a vape with flat batteries. What would be ideal is a vaporiser with either integral or removal batteries, doesn't matter, that could be plugged in and used almost immediately but still be charging faster than it is being depleted. If this happened, I could sit and chill, have a vape then chill for a couple of hours. If we then decide to go out and about the vape will be sufficiently charged for true portable use.

Now I had no idea that the mighty and crafty depleted quicker than charged and needed 30% charge for use, even when plugged in, so that will now factor into my later choice. 

I know I've described a very specific set of circumstances but that happens regularly to me and rather than take my table top out or waited for batteries to charge I've just taken a pipe out instead. That's why I kind of got sold on the vapcap m, best of both in the short term. So I could try and be more on it with charging but to be honest, I doubt it will happen lol

Are there any vapes out there that fit the description I've given above? The grasshopper maybe? 

The Solo and Solo 2 both offer full passthrough, so you don't have to wait. 

• Like 1