Mohan Ram - Single Plant Scrog - 150w HPS

Prophet

Coming along. Got some preflowers showing now and pistils. Shes stretching big-time

large.20170621_181257.jpg

large.20170621_181316.jpg

large.20170621_181433.jpg

large.20170621_182329.jpg

large.20170621_182343.jpg

• Like 6

She's been on 12/12 for almost three weeks now and is coming along nicely. Most of the stretch seems to have slowed so i'm hoping she's not going to get much taller. However i've still got another 8" of height (14" to the lamp) so we should be safe from scorching. Plus the two large fans seem to be doing a good job of keeping her cool/moving. They simply run off a butchered 12v DC adaptor

I'm hoping i can break my previous record with this one and i think she will. The most i've gotten was 2.3oz off two plants . . .

large.IMGP0427.JPG

large.IMGP0429.JPG

large.IMGP0431.JPG

I've darkened this one down :)

large.IMGP0426.JPG 

• Like 4

well thats a tidy scrog young sir...got 2 mohan in my run right now....watching with interest.... all the best bro...

• Like 2

And there goes four weeks of flower . . . 

large.IMGP0436.JPG

large.IMGP0440.JPG

large.IMGP0442.JPG

Looking forward to her really starting to bulk out in the next few weeks :)

• Like 8

After the recent second spate of hot weather i decided to do a few improvements to the cabinet. It's about this time-of-the-grow when i always suffer heat issues. The box starts to fill out meaning the air doesn't flow as well and of course the plants are always getting closer to the bulb. The amount of heat even a 150w sodium punts out is quite staggering. They must be really inefficient :unsure:

So i set to make three key improvements:

1 - Get as much height back as possible. To do this i've moved the reflector up to the maximum height (1" from ceiling) and bent it out so it's pretty much flat. This way it won't concentrate it's rays [heat] so closely to the middle of the plant:

large.IMGP0446.JPG

2 - Was to remove the large side fans i've been using and switch to some smaller ones that are mounted higher up and out of the way. My side fans were stealing key growing space. These fans also point toward the extract at the rear so help circulation: 

large.IMGP0447.JPG

3 - Was finally to remove a section of the reflector that was semi-covering the extract vent. Now there'll be a cleaner, more efficient movement of air

large.IMGP0448.JPG

It's made a real difference too. Peak temps have gone from 31c to 26c. That's five degrees cooler! That's going to make her more happy. And if she's happy, i'm happy :)

You'll notice a few crispy leaf tips but i think i've caught it just in time to not do any real damage:

large.IMGP0451.JPG

large.IMGP0452.JPG

large.IMGP0455.JPG

I've even had to do some LST as she was stretching too much:

large.IMGP0456.JPG

And finally back in her upgraded box. Where she'll no doubt be happier:

large.IMGP0458.JPG

large.IMGP0459.JPG

• Like 7

That's a staggeringly tidy setup you have there, am blown away how much you are squeezing in there.  Awesome :yep:

Am gonna sit back and enjoy the ride if you don't mind :smokin:

• Like 3

On 13/07/2017 at 8:43 PM, Inspiration101 said:

That's a staggeringly tidy setup you have there, am blown away how much you are squeezing in there.  Awesome :yep:

Am gonna sit back and enjoy the ride if you don't mind :smokin:

Ditto.... Looking great! 

• Like 2

Six weeks of flower gone and i'll be honest; I'm worried. There seems to be no noticeable improvement [growth] from last week. It seems to have . . . Stopped.

I know six weeks is nothing, my last Mohan Ram went to 9 weeks and even then i had to take it early due to heat stress. But damn . . . The F1 Cream Caramel was FAT by this time. I'll be honest, i'm thinking about cutting my losses, taking it down and cracking some new beans :/

I know that's not the answer and it'll probably fatten up but in three/four weeks (assuming this one goes to 9/10 weeks also) i could have a new plant, ready to flip! Do i stick with it, hoping it'll get fat or simply take it down and start over with some 'better' beans?

large.IMGP0467.JPG

large.IMGP0462.JPG

large.IMGP0473.JPG 

Cheers all

P

• Like 2

@Prophet

wow dont be crazy mate i wouldnt cut her done she looks fine it  might have just been the heat stress that has 

slowed her down by few days defo stick with her :yep:

• Like 3

Yeah man, agreed see her out. SHe'll fatten up. And if you are stressing , pop some beans and get them under a CFL / windowsill. By the time she's done they'll be ready to start getting under the big light hey? 

Cheers guys. I'm just having a wobble. I don't think i could actually cut a plant at this stage

Let's pop some beans on the windowsill instead :)

• Like 3