Pablo's Outdoor DP

PabloEscobar

Good to have sound neighbours Pablo. Yeah there is noticeable scent on the Duck fems in veg, like canna ice cream. That will probs fade as she goes into flower next month and the full flower smell from the big buds was not too loud, only sniffing up close.

Hope you enjoy the auto bud. Home grown is just the best :skin_up:

2 hours ago, PabloEscobar said:

@autodogthanks for your kind words. My little auto has literally been left to fend for itself apart from a little feed here and there. Smells really nice though, quite citrus'y. That will probably be chopped at the weekend. 

The Ducks are looking really nice. I can't wait to see what they look like once they are properly into flower. They do really stink though. After a bit of rain, if you happen to brush past em or if the sun is shining down they stink lol. Luckily my neighbours are sound:skin_up:

I'm at day 71 with my auto ducks, I would appreciate how and when you harvest bro.... dummies guide kinda thing, best of luck ;-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autodog said:

Good to have sound neighbours Pablo. Yeah there is noticeable scent on the Duck fems in veg, like canna ice cream. That will probs fade as she goes into flower next month and the full flower smell from the big buds was not too loud, only sniffing up close.

Hope you enjoy the auto bud. Home grown is just the best :skin_up:

Canna ice cream lol that's an awsome description. I'll be interested to see how they smell in a month or so :smokin:

Been back growing for 3 1/2 yrs and nothing beats smoking some of your own home grown man. I had a look at your grow from last year, yours looked fookin nice. What was the smoke like?

2 hours ago, Machiavellian said:

I'm at day 71 with my auto ducks, I would appreciate how and when you harvest bro.... dummies guide kinda thing, best of luck ;-)

Pablo's guide to harvesting:

Most people will say check the trichomes with a jewelers loupe or something similar. I don't own one so rely on my better (or not so) judgement. The pistils brown off and retreat into the fattened calyxs. You can probably see the difference from the last photo of the auto to the one the week before. Although this is not always the case with certain strains, I've grown some that just keep chucking out pistils to the bitter end. 

Upon deciding to chop the plant my first step in harvesting and trimming is to roll and smoke the biggest joint you can because it can be pretty fucking tedious tbf lol . I normally cut a branch off and pull all the fan leaves off first. Holding the branch upside down I work my way round pulling off as much of the leaf material as possible (working round from the underside of the bud). When you've pulled as much as you can off then I trim the remaining bits with scissors. Rinse and repeat with the remaining plant. I keep all the trim and bung it in the freezer until I can be arsed to make hash or extracts.

Alternatively a better method I like is to give my best mate a call (who happens to be a main benefactor of my growing exploits) and get him to do it. He loves it and is a zen master at trimming (basically has a hell of a lot more patience than me). He's cheap as well lol

Hope that helps

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PabloEscobar said:

Canna ice cream lol that's an awsome description. I'll be interested to see how they smell in a month or so :smokin:

Been back growing for 3 1/2 yrs and nothing beats smoking some of your own home grown man. I had a look at your grow from last year, yours looked fookin nice. What was the smoke like?

gallery_96585_12382_408803.jpg

Sure will be interestin to see how they all smell in flower its something i really look forward to.

Duck smoke is wicked you'll love it if you only have Ducks. Light flavour citrus nice smell to ground buds distinctiveearthy lemon?   It grows masses of bud. My best plant out of 3

was noticably greener in bud colour and produced firm buds. They other two made spongier buds.

I reckon 100 days roughly for outdoor autos from sprout to chop but some keep growing. Rot is often the determining event for me.

t @Machiavellian

Keep tryin to stand up and do the autodog gig but have another single skinner  I think....

6 hours ago, autodog said:

gallery_96585_12382_408803.jpg

Sure will be interestin to see how they all smell in flower its something i really look forward to.

Duck smoke is wicked you'll love it if you only have Ducks. Light flavour citrus nice smell to ground buds distinctiveearthy lemon?   It grows masses of bud. My best plant out of 3

was noticably greener in bud colour and produced firm buds. They other two made spongier buds.

I reckon 100 days roughly for outdoor autos from sprout to chop but some keep growing. Rot is often the determining event for me.

t @Machiavellian

Keep tryin to stand up and do the autodog gig but have another single skinner  I think....

Very nice mate. Would you say they are similar to frisian dew?. I've grown them both indoor and out. The green pheno produces proper dense nugs, very diesely smell. More of a heavy hitter. The purple phenos tend to be very light and airy in structure. Nice daytime smoke as well. 

This is my first time with the ducks. 

I reckon 100 days for the auto sounds about right. If I chop mine this weekend it will be 90 odd days from seed.

• Like 1

Week 13

Chopped the little auto. Not gonna win any competitions but some bud is better than no bud.

large.IMG-20170730-WA0000-600x800.jpglarge.20170730_095138-800x450.jpg

The ducks are still doing well despite taking a bit of a battering from the rain this week. Hopefully see them start flowering properly soon. Will put picks up as and when.

Peace :smokin:

• Like 4

@autodogThe auto smelt a little, not too bad though. Smells quite nice now it's been chopped. Smells quite sweet with a little bit of pine. 

Edited by PabloEscobar
  • Like 2

Week 14

large.1tnjly-800x536.jpg

Tbf they are chucking out some pre flowers

large.20170806_082557-600x1067.jpglarge.20170806_083252-600x1067.jpg

Backed of the feed a little and have started to give a little bloom in the mix.

large.20170806_082930-800x450.jpg

Girthy stems on em:naughty:

large.20170806_083314-800x450.jpg

Group shot.

Hopefully see some more action in the coming days. Peace :smokin:

• Like 6

Looking good Pablo! They are super stealthy those ducks.... Be interested to see how they turn out... Don't stare at the paint too long. :yep:

• Like 1

:yep:@MacGanjacheers mate, they are a great looking plant. Been a joy to grow so far and have soaked up all that has been thrown at them.

Really can't wait to see what they can produce bud wise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Week 16ish 

Sorry for the lack of update, I have been away. My neighbours were in charge of the plants watering. They are flowering nicely now, however looked hungry as fuck when I got back. Been fed and watered ( first thing I did when I walked through the door ):yep:

large.20170818_132744-800x450.jpglarge.20170818_132711-600x1067.jpglarge.20170818_132721-600x1067.jpglarge.20170818_132801-600x1067.jpg

Normal service to be resumed. Peace :smokin:

• Like 4