Backyard autos

Cainedbutable

Oz sounds about right i was getting just under an oz but my autos were budding one side. i'll have a gander on amazon i have a similar one but the bottom burnt out:furious:no idea of the make tho i 'm a cheap sake too:yes:. good idea get her back in the greenhouse don't want her to be to damp if mould is springing up:yep:

• Like 3

Had to take off the top cola of #2 this morning....mould was in the buds and growing back on the stem that was black/brown so ....rightly or wrongly I decided to cut the stem off so it can't spread.

Also cut 1 bud off #1 as there was a tiny bit of mould on that.

Hopefully that's the end of it

• Like 2

Do you have any vents in the greenhouse?, leave the door open if you can.

Apologies if you know this, but don't spray the buds/ foliar feed.

Seal that mouldy stem with natural honey to try to stop it spreading.

Edit: looks like I was too late, sorry.

Edited by Pots
  • Like 1

@Pots I have had the door open but the roof panel shut ....got the roof open now ...air flow is much better.

Thanks for tip about using honey....ill try that next time.  Panicked a bit...just had visions of it all going mouldy

My brain was like....CUT IT OUT....CUT IT OUT lol 

• Like 1

Hey my friend, u r doing really well for your 1st proper GG, excellent & sounding & looking as if you have been doing it a long time too lol . I think you did the right thing about cutting the stem off where mould was. Make sure you seal it also, think Vaseline is good 4 this also. Moving the pots about can b tricky,  at the risk of breaking branches etc..... but saying that I opened up & tied branches down in my of my plots da other day & with my clumsiness & being heavy handed I snapped a few, God, I cud feel myself cringe as if feeling da pain & being so mad with myself but I tried to tie it together again. Will check them over the next week. Keep up the good works & I'm sure you will have a great harvest.

Ooh ya, what is this bin u & Percy r on about, da burner beside da Maz plant?

• Like 2

Mate that is an absolute shitter. How much in total you reckon you've lost?

Keep them vents open. Airflow is key. Maybe keep em out of the greenhouse for the duration.

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words @Irishgirl...not sure about looking like I know what I'm doing....feel like it's all going to shit right  at the final push...i had a dream/nightmare that I was checking for mould last night ffs  lol

Yeah breaking branches sucks....got mine stuck on a tomato branch hardly out in the wilds tho' is it lolnot like you proper gg's

And the bin!....yeah it's that incinerater bin in the background

Edited by Cainedbutable
  • Like 1

Aye fucking sucks....

Was a nice hand size bit that I cut this morning.

Got roof open now so will see how it goes mate....hopefully....hopefully that's it now

• Like 2

Hi Cained 

Will be following your grow

I'm day approx 56 from germ first grow with 5 Auto Mazar and 2 Fantasmo Express - small polytunnel north UK

I've got a grow diary on another forum :unsure: (1st post here!)

I'm growing direct into soil but I'm giving them loads of ferts etc & they are going really well - they're a really easy & hardy plant.

I think you could get away with giving them more as I have read they handle their feed really well.

I am currently giving them full doses of Bio Bloom 4ml - Cal Max - silica - chicken pellets - seaweed extract - molasses - I've also just bought Bio Bizz Top Max (not that they need it but might increase the yield). I have done 2 clean water feeds over the past month just to flush.

Not sure how to post pics?

Good luck with your grow & fingers crossed for lots of sunny days! :hippy:

• Like 2

Thanks man and welcome to the site

Just be wary of mould mate...as you can see ive had a little trouble with it.

Edited by Cainedbutable
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

I didn't think autos needed much feed ? :g:

Older strains don't but over the past four years or so there's been some progress made by breeders and now some are so vigorous they need more food than photoperiods I'd say @Cainedbutable should be feeding his at normal doses

• Like 1

I had roof panel shut when it was raining and left it down for about a week...thought it would be ok with just door open...lesson learned.

The roof and door will be open till harvest now...which in #1s case shouldn't be too much longer 

• Like 1

So today ive found a some more mould on  main cola of #1.....so ive chopped the top off and salvaged what I could.

Day 82

large.20170720_163557-1238x2630-928x1971.jpglarge.20170720_163350-1228x1637.jpg

Nowhere near ready...but

I flash dried a pipes worth just to test it...well it is my 1st bit of home grown .

And it's already stronger than the shite  that I was smoking off the street yesterday :guitar:

Makes me forget the bit I had to bin....

And I can't wait to try the rest. :smokin:

• Like 4