Backyard autos

Cainedbutable

@Cainedbutablehealthy looking plants but don't look like they're gonna be heavy yielders. My mates ones looked great but were very airy. One went straight in the hash pile as it was pointless even trimming it.

• Like 1

On Saturday, September 02, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Machiavellian said:

Glad you're enjoying your grows. Mine smelled predominantly of pine when growing, not dank at all,  I noticed only a very slight citrus note back then. 

In the Jar (just been out and burped them again to check lol) they smell of freshly mown hay that has been soaked in lemonade. These are getting sweeter the more they cure.

However, I am having some curing problems, one jar was dry (the small plant with 6 days rack drying) and the other 'moist' (the bigger plant 5 days drying). So I have mixed up the contents 50/50 to offset the difference and hopefully this will balance up the moisture.  Don't know if that's the right thing to do .... hopefully someone reading this can say. The moist jar was definitely sweeter, the dry one smelled more of hay.

Best of Luck, with my two plants you only have 45g to beat, you are going to get a fattening up week soon so that should be a thrill.

Hi Mach and Cain. Takes me a min week to dry buds on rack or hanging in warm weather. Longer maybe without air extraction or warmth this time of year.

I jar them when the buds feel nearly dry. Then I check every day. If they feel moist take em out and air them for a day somewhere warm before rejarring. Nice pics,

hope you're enjoyin your crop, cheers dudes :skin_up:

Well ive just had the news that building work is due to start on the wall possibly this weekend.....defiantly monday so it looks like ill have to chop the little ducks for security reasons as there will be folks coming and going for the next few weeks and im not prepared to risk it.

Was hoping they was going to start in October.....but nowt i can do about it .

Thoroughly enjoyed my 1st growing season tho......will put up final gramage from the ducks to give folks a laugh lol

Tbf ill be happy for another half oz..

Now ive got a 12hr shift to work...what a shitty day :smokin:

Day 91.....choped.

Its a real shame that the buds didn't fatten up for whatever reason....think it would have been  decent amount if they did

large.20170916_143755-1238x1651.jpg 

• Like 1

Great diary mate, it's been an interesting one to follow as we are both on the same track, i.e. first grow, greenhouse and the ducks.

After seeing Budweisers diary I am certainly getting a light and giving them a boost early whatever plant I choose to grow.... start them around April 10th .... that will give them a great start and then they will get all that light in June.

I am thinking Daq Limes next year, and incredibly after writing them off I'm considering Micron Auto Tao again, what a great smoke, they are still producing fresh bud and I have already had 2 harvests.

Are you doing next year? another diary, seed choice?

Put up your duck dry weight, I noticed all the stalks and I hope you didn't leave it on just to beat my 45g. lol

• Like 1

lol @Machiavellian

Ill chop the stalks off buddy, they on just for drying!

Thanks for the kind words about my diary....ive enjoyed doing it tbh...its felt good being to talk about it!

Didn't even tell any friends id grown owt untill they was smoking it.

Ill defo be doing another next year...not sure what yet...to much choice...will be dp beans again....i seem to be drawn towards their strains....not sure if im just a sucker for their advertising or not? lol

Can see myself doing the auto night queens.queens....they sound right up my street.

Ive also accuired some Colorado cookies from a work mates  1st outdoor grow .....very nice smoke...fair enjoying that.  

• Like 2

@CainedbutableI did some some Night Queens indoors not too long ago and am smoking it now. Very nice strain. The colorado cookies I've done too and you won't be disappointed. Covered in trichs, very dense nugs. Two of my favourite dp strains to date along with their blackberry kush. I recommend that too. All of those were grown indoors though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well brace yourself boys and girls......the  dry weight for the ducks was.........15glol  

So thats it for this diary...cheers to everyone who's looked in to like and comment.  :yep: 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Thanks @Chris1977...the smell. 

They kicked out a real musky smell in veg...then it seemed to settle down untill flower when it started again...ive got a decent size garden and some days you couldn't smell em' but others you would get a right strong smell.

If your neighbours are close by i think they will smell them imo. 

I had mine in the greenhouse with some neutradol to try and mask the smell....

They worked a little but not great.

Personally going to give the ona blocks a try this year.

Hope this helps man :smokin:

• 2 months later...

Going through a few diarys as the season is almost here. And a great read.  I also grew a duck last year and it didn't amount to much either. Smoke wasn't great. But I thought it was just me. Now I'm finding that's not the case, guessing it's just one of those strains.  Oh well good luck for this year.

• Like 3