24yrs of self-sufficiency...Mokkas Marihuana Methods

mokka

On 2017-5-2 at 8:24 PM, mokka said:

No matter how big your greenhouse is it´s never quite big enough..

Here´s a pic from inside. 1st May

large.5908c3328d115_gh1.4.jpg

From left to right, peas growing up through the string, they are just about starting to flower, some more peas sowed in pots for outside, tom plants (mine at the back). In the middle bed is potatos and cabbage, cabbage is flowering so we eating green sprouting some looks like it might be heading up. The bed on the far right has beetroot and chard which is all starting to flower so will get removed soon and lettuce. Just as a reminder here´s how the gh looked on the 1st April.

large_gh.jpg

Although inside the gh air temps are hitting 30 degrees soil temps are still only 12, too cold imo for toms , weed etc.

My toms will be staying in their pots till the soil is at least 15 hopefully 20. It all depends on if they get too big for their pots. This is my first year of keeping an eye on soil temps so I´ve no real idea when the soil will warm up properly. Obviously by mid/end of July when the weed will get planted out soil temps will be fine (20 to 25).

Jobs for May, build my starter box, and sort out where my auto´s are going. I had planned on giving them a bit of a veg bed but I need the space really for veg. They should all get at least 1m square growing space, I´d like to give them 1.25.

I´ll get something sorted.

Atb Mokka

Oh and I´ll be talking shit about my dinapassion autos later next week.

Absolutely beautiful greenhouse mate which will make a great home for our strains :)

This is 1st class treatment :yep:

Beautiful environment to grow in :) very envious as I'm sure many members are :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

Hi folks,

Time methinks for a little auto backstory..

but first a word on SAS, not super automatic sativa but shitty auto syndrome. You all know what it is, shitty yields, shitty bud density and worst of all a shitty smoke. I love growing autos, I´m just not so keen on actually smoking (well vaping actually) them and then I don´t really see the point in bothering with them. However they are the future and some day that future will be now.

I´ll be using a few pics of my shitters to illustrate my points.

I´d grown a couple of autos before but lets be honest they were piss weak (lowrider /2 and cobra) so I turned to uk420 for a bit of inspiration and Dinafem popped up repeatedly. Trouble was they only did fems and I didn´t like companies that did only fems. However Haze 2.0 took my eye and I thought Auto Assassin (available as a reg from short stuff) might be a suitable hacking dad.

And to be fair the H 2.0 wasn´t bad, hey at least it was worth smoking..large.5910c6dea5b0d_h2.0orig.jpg

We´d best not talk about bud density or yields both definately SAS, but I´d also got a shed loads of auto reg seeds. and just for the record the things I fucked up on, too small a starting pot and too high temps in the gh.

I also hacked the AA back to itself but never bothered growing them, I wasn´t to impressed with the AA.

tbc

• Like 7

Looking good there fella, and love the greenhouse setup. Nice sugar coated buds above as well :)

Keep it up. I'll be following closely this year... :yep:

• Like 3

The haze 2.0 definitely has one of the best kicks for an auto I think dinafem tested it to be about 12% THC but I find it to be a lot more potent than autos claiming to hit the 20%+ mark just wish it took a bit more of the jack flavour on board but I still love it 

• Like 3

So the next year I choose Dinafem again, this time Moby Dick automatic.

This was the first auto to be featured in High Times "Top ten strains 2000and something) I´m a sucker for a bit of breeders bullshit so I got myself a three pack. This time although I still started them off in a small pots( .75l) I got them into their final pots soon. They also spent most of their lives outside, they were started at the start of June finished start of August

large.5910c6e33b579_mdorig.jpg

My first none SAS auto! although the bar was only at an oz, bud density and more importantly strength was fine and it was weed I wanted to smoke. It reminded me to Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa. Needless to say I hacked it to the H 2.0 x AA.

The next year I summoned up the courage to shell out for Think Different from Dutch Passion, over 10 quid a seed fuck me, but I´d be able to hack it of course.large.5910c6cf5b4a1_tdorig.jpg

Again SAS, nice taste and smoke, bud density was also ok even though it stayed in the gh ( eagle eyed readers might spot that the lower gh windows have been removed to try and keep temps down) but not so hot on the yield department. btw it was in a final 11litr pot yes I know thats a bit too small.

I had 2 TD´s , TD1 was a bit taller and and a less dense and mould prone bud structure, TD2 smaller structure, tighter buds but a bit more mould prone. Both got MD x (H 2.0 x AA) pollen.

After that season I told myself no buying autos seeds till you can pull 50g off a plant, I´d got plenty of my own to play with.

So last year I made a few changes to my auto methods,

1, seeds were germinated in 9litre pots (one seed per pot obviously)

2, start date was June 15th a couple of weeks later than usual

3, I fed them a bit more i feel

4, a couple of seeds were started direct in the gh bed "just for a laugh".

large.5910c6d5299aa_td1tb.jpg

TD1 outdoor, still in a final pot of just 11litre but the best was 60g,

Here´s the TD1 sown direct in the soil for a laugh. It also recieved pretty minimal attention, towards the end I could only look at it through the window, yet it produced 96g, just for scale the window is 1.25m wide.

gallery_58055_13514_361441.jpg

the buds were a bit runny though as it was pretty hot right next to the glass.

This year I got some Cindella Jack and Blue Amnesia xxl to chuck in the mix.

They´ll be started in 9 litre double pots for stress free repotting, each going into a 75cm square bed, distance between plants at least 1 metre. They´ll get 24hr light for the first 2/3 weeks, I can´t wait til June 14th...

Atb Mokka

Edited by mokka
  • Like 8

Hey, that's last year ... nearly fooled me there ... I thought 'how did the fucker get them this far so early? ...' lol

Can we stick to this year please? :naughty:

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

those sneaky late frosts are the ones to watch for ..were not out of it yet ..ne`er cast a clout til may is out ..

i expect this year to be probably the worst for english wines ..snap frosts will ruin the fruits and vine equally

• Like 4

@vince noir rock n roll star couldn´t agree more. In fact I can´t understand why folks always try to start so early ,especially with autos. Maybe in a (heated) gh you can proide the right conditions for good growth, but in a guerilla scenario forget it.

I´ve yet to read a weed book which recomends starting seeds with only 12/13rs of light (in effect what folks are doing by starting March April) either.  Try sticking a thermometer sensor in the soil, my gh soil is still only at 12 degrees, thats not really warm enough for good growth for toms, yes I think weed would cope but it´s not the best temps for weed roots either.

You can´t expect miracles from autos. but you should be easily getting an more than an oz from them if you give them the right conditions.

Atb Mokka

• Like 3

@mokka toms should be in your greenhouse beds as of 1 week ago (Monty don) and not to be rude but what's the point of having your set up if you can't get your season underway early ? Even if you only pull half ounce a seed you clearly don't pay for your seeds any more so what's to lose you should be experimenting more I for one would love to see what you could achieve with autos by late may to mid June you've even got a bit of skill breeding so could even create a strain that doesn't mind an early plant out 

• Like 2

@Moobman why should I grow more weed than I can consume?

I have tried ealy sowing trust me, I saw no point in growing weed that was shit and ended up in the tumbler. Yes my gh could be used to get an early crop in, but the set up comes into action more for the end of the season when my photos are flowering (which is my main crop where I invest the most time and effort). Keeping temps up in October to get a nice finish is what I want and maybe when an auto can match a photo for strength and yield per square foot per annum then maybe I´ll start with "early auto sowings".

I don´t breed, I only hack, breeding requires growing out numbers of plants to find that special one, I don´t have the space or time for such endevours thats why I nick the genetics from the profesionals. There´s no skill involved it´s a piece of piss.

Atb Mokka

Edited by mokka
  • Like 6

@mokka in fairness most so called breeders don't truly breed either they merely cross lots of other peoples genetics look at GH seeds or big buddah seeds. Fair point about about growing more than you can consume I guess I'm just envious of your set up I would have so much fun with early experimentation 

Edited by Moobman
Correction
  • Like 4